+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 First ... 567891011 ... Last
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Fdny emt 3024

Forum Member

Oh man I'm 14** put it like this there's 20-30 people behind me on the list

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by oz_leo View Post
    I'm guessing the week of the 12 because if academy starts sept.2 orientation would be Sunday the 1st .. From all my old coworkers they'd get 2 weeks notice beforehand I say anywhere between the 12 n 26
    Ohhhh thats true... My intake was about 2.5 weeks ago.. My boss said he hasn't heard anything

Forum Member

Oh man I'm 14** put it like this there's 20-30 people behind me on the list
    Wow dang thats high lol... but most of those people probably went in June academy dont you think?... anywho I just cant wait to start already. .. patiently waiting for that infamous call

Forum Member

I'm guessing the week of the 12 because if academy starts sept.2 orientation would be Sunday the 1st .. From all my old coworkers they'd get 2 weeks notice beforehand I say anywhere between the 12 n 26
    They would never do orientation on a Sunday. Orientation Monday, Academy starts Tuesday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    They would never do orientation on a Sunday. Orientation Monday, Academy starts Tuesday.
    MM do you have an idea of the average amount of numbers reached for each EMS class?

Forum Member

does anyone know if the city has opened filing for civil service yet? months ago i heard it was going to be in july but when i checked the website last week it said it still isn't.

Forum Member

i believe it begins in september. i think i have a long way to go too, im on exam 3024 and my listing is 12xx.....probably wont receive a call for physical untill next year maybe. Sigh....the wait is too long!

Forum Member

thanks for the info, and good luck to you.

Forum Member

Hey everyone list #4xx here from 3024. Had my physical June 15th and was given the packet to fill out at the end. Has anyone else in the 400's heard from an investigator or anything? Or hopefully someone can shed some light on what I should expect next or when possibly. Thanks and good luck to all!

Forum Member

after the physical, fill out that packet as soon as possible. Next, you receive a date (i dont remember if its by mail or phone call or however) to come in with your completed packet and whatever paperwork they ask for in the packet. The day you go in essentially starts your investigation process, you meet with your investigator and go from there. The quicker you have all paperwork needed from you, the quicker your process goes. Try to be on top of your game and get it all done so they don't screw you. The next step will be receiving a date for your medical and psych tests. Then its just a waiting game. patience is the key to winning the game. Good luck to all

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RDiesel View Post
    MM do you have an idea of the average amount of numbers reached for each EMS class?
    Nope! Sorry dude.

Forum Member

I'm getting a little worried that I won't make September.. I have everything done in my process but my boss still hasn't been contacted yet for anything... Do they usually contact your previous employer or wll they sometimes not even bother ?

Forum Member

They reach out to old employers via mail with a survey type letter.. Asking about lateness , would they rehire you, have you been a good employee etc etc ...

Forum Member

oh ok .. how long into your process did your boss receive something ?

Forum Member

I started the investigation process in jan and at my job they heard from metrotech about a month or so later

Forum Member

oh ok.. my investigation was less then a month ago

Forum Member

Have you heard anything on when sept's class will start ? Just curious

Forum Member

I havent really heard.. the class thats in now graduates on the 30.. hopefully a short time after that

Forum Member

shouldn't be too long after we graduate. my guess is the 9th or 16th. because the first week of sept is busy packed with holidays. monday (the would be orientation day) is labor day. and the end of the week is rosh hashanah. patience, lol, its coming.

Forum Member

I got mixed feelings about this lol.. I'm from the list before 3024 (list 2004) this should've been over and done with a long time ago smh ; just prayin I get in now

Forum Member

Cool

I got mixed feelings about this lol.. I'm from the list before 3024 (list 2004) this should've been over and done with a long time ago smh ; just prayin I get in now
    I feel you... We are in the same boat we got this!!

Forum Member

Does anyone know if your investigator calls you to let you know your qualified? Or do you just basically get a call letting you know when you start the academy

Forum Member

I don't know if it's your investigator but I believe it's like a job offer they tell you about pay , the option of which class am or pm and start date/orientation date... At least that's what I've been told

Forum Member

its someone from CID (not necessarily your investigator) or HR that calls. They ask if anything has changed since you last spoke to your investigator and if all is good they'll say congratulations we would like to offer you a position with the fire dept. do you accept? then provided you accept, they'll go over a few dates with you that you need to come in... one day is to metrotech for your photo ID. Another day is going to quartermaster to get uniforms and such. they will also tell you the day of orientation and ask provided there are still open spaces in both am and pm, they'll ask you your preference.

Forum Member

sounds good thanks for the info bros

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 First ... 567891011 ... Last

Thread Information