Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Fdny emt 3024

Forum Member

sounds good thanks brotha.. how much notice did you get before you started ?

Forum Member

I actually got like 2 weeks notice which was pretty nice. I've heard you can get called up until the last minute

Forum Member

Has anyone started to get called for September Academy?..
    Im off of the old list sadly I didnt make the June academy because of my EMS license expiring although I took the test, just didnt do same day testing... any way..
    recently I got a call from a different investigator asking me to fax my new license over.. and then another call to verify past employment.. although my original investigator has cleared me since May IDK? this process has been so long and tedious to say the least.. Considering I may be the only person off the previous list that hasnt started already.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beyondme View Post
    Has anyone started to get called for September Academy?..
    Im off of the old list sadly I didnt make the June academy because of my EMS license expiring although I took the test, just didnt do same day testing... any way..
    recently I got a call from a different investigator asking me to fax my new license over.. and then another call to verify past employment.. although my original investigator has cleared me since May IDK? this process has been so long and tedious to say the least.. Considering I may be the only person off the previous list that hasnt started already.

I don't think calls have gone out yet for September. From reading this forum it looks like they made it into the 60's or so off of 3024. The class that's in now graduates on August 30th. I'm in the mid 300's on 3024 and have completed my entire process. Just waiting for the call at this point as well I guess. What you do mean by "cleared" you?

Forum Member

She said "cleared" and pending my new license... I guess also because i had to get secondary clearance for a broken toe I had 7 years ago lol

Forum Member

im off list #2004... i think I may be the only left that list sadly enough....

Forum Member

I'm off list 2004 myself ; been talking to my investigator all week.. I missed out on April n June's academy due to paperwork ; she said she gave my file in and I should be eligible for it.. Hope you get in too

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by oz_leo View Post
    I'm off list 2004 myself ; been talking to my investigator all week.. I missed out on April n June's academy due to paperwork ; she said she gave my file in and I should be eligible for it.. Hope you get in too
    yes! lets keep our fingers crossed... now was this your original investigator? because I received a call last week from a different investigator asking me questions about work history etc all of which my initial investigator went over back in February. I was even asked by new investigator to fax over my new EMT license... then received another call saying if anything else is needed they will be in contact... Im super confused to say the least

Forum Member

My original investigator contacted me, she asked me for current proof of residence and a current paystub just to make sure nothing was missing; this class graduates aug 30 so I guess calls will start going out the 12th of next month

Forum Member

My original investigator contacted me, she asked me for current proof of residence and a current paystub just to make sure nothing was missing; this class graduates aug 30 so I guess calls will start going out the 12th of next month
    Im thinking maybe the ball was dropped by my original investigator.. but we will see in a few weeks!! this has been a long waiting game!

definitely waiting for this call.. i get excited whenever I see the exchange pop up in my phone lol

Forum Member

Yea I know the feeling !! What was your # if u don't mind me askin

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beyondme View Post
    She said "cleared" and pending my new license... I guess also because i had to get secondary clearance for a broken toe I had 7 years ago lol
    hah ohh i gotcha .. well good luck to you and oz !

Forum Member

so I guess calls will start going out the 12th of next month
    why the 12th?

Forum Member

Yea I know the feeling !! What was your # if u don't mind me askin
    I was 11**.....

Forum Member

I'm guessing the week of the 12 because if academy starts sept.2 orientation would be Sunday the 1st .. From all my old coworkers they'd get 2 weeks notice beforehand I say anywhere between the 12 n 26

Forum Member

Oh man I'm 14** put it like this there's 20-30 people behind me on the list

Forum Member

I'm guessing the week of the 12 because if academy starts sept.2 orientation would be Sunday the 1st .. From all my old coworkers they'd get 2 weeks notice beforehand I say anywhere between the 12 n 26
    Ohhhh thats true... My intake was about 2.5 weeks ago.. My boss said he hasn't heard anything

Forum Member

Oh man I'm 14** put it like this there's 20-30 people behind me on the list
    Wow dang thats high lol... but most of those people probably went in June academy dont you think?... anywho I just cant wait to start already. .. patiently waiting for that infamous call

Forum Member

They would never do orientation on a Sunday. Orientation Monday, Academy starts Tuesday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    They would never do orientation on a Sunday. Orientation Monday, Academy starts Tuesday.
    MM do you have an idea of the average amount of numbers reached for each EMS class?

Thread Information