+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 First ... 6789101112 ... Last
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Fdny emt 3024

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMS2013 View Post
    its someone from CID (not necessarily your investigator) or HR that calls. They ask if anything has changed since you last spoke to your investigator and if all is good they'll say congratulations we would like to offer you a position with the fire dept. do you accept? then provided you accept, they'll go over a few dates with you that you need to come in... one day is to metrotech for your photo ID. Another day is going to quartermaster to get uniforms and such. they will also tell you the day of orientation and ask provided there are still open spaces in both am and pm, they'll ask you your preference.
    Thanks for the info I was wondering too

Forum Member

EMS2013 anybody drop out of you class or resign?

Forum Member

Double Post
    Last edited by anapolitano89; 08-06-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Forum Member

Off topic question but I figured this was the best forum to ask. Is the 24 hour HAZWOPER class the one you need to get the extra 5 Pts on the initial application? It's pretty vague on the NOE
    Last edited by anapolitano89; 08-06-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RDiesel View Post
    EMS2013 anybody drop out of you class or resign?
    between AM and PM we are down to 55 from 60 starting. a few failures, a few left for NYPD and other reasons

Forum Member

how can you fail?

Forum Member

how can you fail?
    I was thinking the samething

Forum Member

the final exam or the state. you fail, you're gone

Forum Member

not gonna lie im really nervous about failing the state test ..

Forum Member

not gonna lie im really nervous about failing the state test ..
    Just focus on academy and your protocols ; it (the state) can't get much harder than it did when you first certified .. You got this

Forum Member

Any one hear when the next round of physicals gonna be

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by oz_leo View Post
    Just focus on academy and your protocols ; it (the state) can't get much harder than it did when you first certified .. You got this
    I agree with oz... i'm sorry i answered the question about failing. just take the academy day by day. that is HONESTLY the BEST advice i can give you. if you take it day by day and apply yourself, its one of the best experiences and a lot of fun. just focus. you'll be fine.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMS2013 View Post
    I agree with oz... i'm sorry i answered the question about failing. just take the academy day by day. that is HONESTLY the BEST advice i can give you. if you take it day by day and apply yourself, its one of the best experiences and a lot of fun. just focus. you'll be fine.
    sounds good thanks guys.. yeah i was just kinda nervous becuase i got reciprocity and have only taken the NREMT.. not a state test.. just wasnt sure how comparable they are

Forum Member

anyone hear anything new ?

Forum Member

heard a RUMOR the next class is september 23 orientation, 24th academy

Forum Member

This sounds good ; hopefully that's true or the 16th

Forum Member

Anybody got any idea on what a "outstanding certification " is from dcas' automated #.. I called and noticed they made it past my number over the weekend but I'm no longer on a "oustanding notification "

Forum Member

I'm in the 1420's off 2004.. And the last eligible appointed is now 1434.. It was 1414 at the beginning of June's class (confused)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by oz_leo View Post
    Anybody got any idea on what a "outstanding certification " is from dcas' automated #.. I called and noticed they made it past my number over the weekend but I'm no longer on a "oustanding notification "
    Oz your no long on outstanding "certification" or "notification"? I beleive it may have something to do with the certification of your file. I am not sure of that at all. I just called and I am not on
    "outstanding certification" which I guess means my file was certified? really not sure bro.

Forum Member

Oz your no long on outstanding "certification" or "notification"? I beleive it may have something to do with the certification of your file. I am not sure of that at all. I just called and I am not on
    "outstanding certification" which I guess means my file was certified? really not sure bro.
    And the only reason that I think that is because at one point I can remember calling the automated line and being ON "outstanding certification" as now I am not longer on it.

Forum Member

Thanks diesel.. Dcas is confusing on its own hopefully it means nothing and we get into septembers class

Forum Member

Just got off the phone with my investigator ; calls will start going out the beginning of September

Forum Member

Sounds good .. Did you figure out your situation ?

Forum Member

Sounds good .. Did you figure out your situation ?
    Yea she says dcas gives a update but it doesn't necessarily mean much if you've already done your physical, psych , medical and background ; a friend of mine who's on the job says the class has been filled already and it's a matter of 1-2 weeks before calls go out.. It's just a rumor though bro

Forum Member

***WARNIING*** Long Rambling Post Ahead, lol

Hello everyone, I have a quick question. I really am just freaking out like everyone else with anticipation and figured I would see what you all thought on here. I am in the early 300's on the 3024 EMT list. Needles to say I am itching to get into this September Class. I completed my Psych at the beginning of July and my Medical at the end of June. Everything has been done now for a while.

Last week on Tuesday I received a call from the investigation unit but it wasn't my regular investigator. I had been asked to supply a copy of my driving abstract from another State. I submitted this back at the beginning of June when they asked for it but somehow it must have not ended up in my file. The person asked me to email him a copy. I emailed it the same day and he confirmed he received it and that he would give it to a supervisor for approval. In the email I asked if he was my new investigator as he was not the person I had previously been assigned. He said he was reviewing my file and that my investigator was still the same.

I don't have close contact with may of my previous employers but I do have it with two of them. I had wondered why they hadn't received anything yet from FDNY but I just assumed it was because they were located in Florida and mail can take forever sometimes. Today I received info from two previous employers that they received letters in the mail from FDNY confirming employment.

Here is my questions/concern. Do you think because they driving abstract was not found in my file it delayed me at all? I worry that if my letters are just now being received by my previous employers that there may be slim chance I will be in the September class. Grant it, I have no idea if my current employer has received anything or not. They could have received something in June for all I know. I currently work for a large non-profit so have no way of checking with HR to know. I would ASSUME that the reason another person was looking over my file was because they were looking at it for the Sept class but I wonder if them finding those issues set me back or if it just means I am still up for it they just need to get that information as well. I know lots of places that technically continue the "vetting" process well after you are initially hired. I don't know if them not having the letters from my previous employers means I would not be able to get a call if my number comes up.

Needless to say this is the ranting post of a person extremely excited/anxious at the possibility of starting in September. If anybody has any insight I would appreciate it. I am thinking of emailing the person that asked me for the abstract and asking if my file was delayed because that information was missing.

Thanks everyone!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 First ... 6789101112 ... Last

Thread Information