+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: TV Show Chicago Fire

Forum Member

Whats so wrong with the show? It's a soap opera - I would be surprised if any guy DID like it. It's just like E.R. or any other network drama. And you guys are concerned that a guy needs a shave? I think it's a pretty harmless representation of the CFD, and I'm sure no real members of the department much care how they are portrayed on a T.V. drama.

By the way, is there any firefighting shows you guys like? At least the guys in Backdraft seemed to have fun. Ladder 49 was a pack of moody crybabies who took themselves WAY too seriously. Who'd want to work with them?
    Last edited by Whocares; 10-11-2012 at 02:12 PM.
    Just a typical moronic, childish, idiotic munchkin.

Forum Member

I'll watch the next episode, but I don't have high hopes. It's no Rescue Me, and it's certainly no Emergency.

I will say though...I wish I worked with medics like that.

Forum Member

I wanted to like it, and will probably give it another shot or 2 but I don't see it sticking around.

Jeez, and could they drop any more plotlines on us in less time?!

New rookie
    FF dies
    Dead FF's friends are at each other
    Foreclosed house
    Rocky relationship
    Drug use
    Medic screws up
    Injured FF
    Did I miss something?

Are they trying to redo Rescue Me in all one episode?
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Forum Member

Dick Wolf should stick to producing cop shows...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by yjbrody View Post
    Did I miss something?
    Yeah,

Medic stealing drugs, fire officer hiding what appears to be a significant injury, Lesbian Medic.

I'm surprised that nobody was secretly banging somebody else's wife or girlfriend. Maybe that'll be part of the next episode?

Forum Member

Anyone catch the front page story on how CFD members say that they think it represents them well....or as one said "to a t".....?????? I find that hard to believe....

The show was over sensationalized, missed represented the life style, and the characters portrayed couldnt even be beliveable or mistaken for firemen.....everyone was way too serious and I was embarassed how they were portrayed....just awful. There was not a believable event in the show....the fire scenes were rediculous, the firehouse life was rediculous, everything was a conflict, and the most unbelievable was the two smokin hot EMS chics in form fitted uniforms!

Just remember these shows (and cop ones) are not made to give the public a eye of the nobility of the jobs, they are for ratings and making money, and conflict sells....lay people do not understand what we do and usually have a distorted idea, this show plays up that distortion to a point of nausea.....

I hope this show gets cancelled!!
    IACOJ Member

Forum Member

I wanted to like it, and will probably give it another shot or 2 but I don't see it sticking around.

New rookie
    FF dies
    Foreclosed house
    Rocky relationship
    Drug use
    Medic screws up
    Injured FF
    Did I miss something?
    Yes, you forgot company rivalries.
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

New rookie
    FF dies
    Foreclosed house
    Rocky relationship
    Drug use
    Medic screws up
    Injured FF
    Did I miss something?

Are they trying to redo Rescue Me in all one episode?
    Yes this is what bugged me the most. Couldn't gauge if it was going to be good or not because of all of it. Most of the unbelievable stuff is expected to me for entertainment reasons. It just added routes to go but hasn't played anything out.

Also someone posted about someone sleeping with someones wife. IDK about that but it hinted in the after show preview of one of the EMTs sleeping with someone in a realationship.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
    the most unbelievable was the two smokin hot EMS chics in form fitted uniforms!
    !
    I do know a few ambulance crews here where this happens. One of them is refered to as the Barbie Crew. If I had't seen this for myself I would not believe it.
    RIP Hela

"You have to do better then your best."
    BUD's instuctor Class 234

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
    Martin Luther King, Jr

MembersZone Subscriber

Missed it. By the sounds of it I didn't miss much.

Another soap opera, this time in a firehouse.

Kinda like Orange County Choppers - soap opera in a motorcycle shop. I'm sure that show would have lasted about two episodes if it weren't for the fighting/arguments.

I'll vote for "Emergency" reruns...
    Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Forum Member

I finished the episode, to the extent that my skippy TV cable permitted. It was so bad. I will not watch any more.
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    Almost. If they had an episode where they rescued Honey Boo Boo - then it would suck beyond anything on TV. Until then, it is second worse.
    I haven't seen it yet but it can't be worse than Jerry Springer which Pat subjects everyone every afternoon he can. I personally think he is trying to find the next Mrs Ex-Pat or lost family members.

Forum Member

I'm surprised there's going to be a second airing. I mean really, they had all of the glory, loss, screw-ups, rivalries, and anything and everything else in one show. I thought it was a one show season. lol

Might catch the second. If not, no loss.

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tree68 View Post
    I'll vote for "Emergency" reruns...
    I'll vote with you. I like the humor that's mixed in the show, not to mention the nostalgia of watching it as a kid.

BTW, MeTV is airing Emergency! reruns on weekday and Saturday afternoons. Folks that don't have the DVD's might want to record episodes. It's a fairly new network, but seems to be creeping into various cable and satellite packages.

Forum Member

Tuesday night the wife, son, and I went down to Jacksonville, FL for a showing of the very good Detroit Fire documentary "Burn", then 24 hours later was subjected to this fictionalized crap-fest....quite a difference.
    detroitfire1552 likes this.

Forum Member

Needs to be cancelled before doing further damage.
    Do not let the ghosts of our fallen brothers gaze upon you and ask " What have you done to my profession?" FTB DTRT EGH

Forum Member

Default Chicago Fire

Come on.....IT'S A SHOW. The worse critics in the world would be Firefighter's about a show about them. Relax and let the women enjoy it.....as it was said before it's like ER and you all know what happened to George Clooney right?????
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JayDudley View Post
    Come on.....IT'S A SHOW. The worse critics in the world would be Firefighter's about a show about them. Relax and let the women enjoy it.....as it was said before it's like ER and you all know what happened to George Clooney right?????
    Obviously, your in the clueless group. I'm not a FF, but I know enough. The wife knows less than I do, and she said " this is a one, maybe two week show".

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

Watching it at this very moment. So far I have seen a least a dozen things wrong with this show. While it may be a TV show I think it shows the worst of the fire service not the best. We bust our back sides to save lives and this show just shows the worst in us. So far, I'm not about to give it another chance.

Forum Member

I get modifying the mask to show the actors. I understand "Hollywood Fire" where you can see everything that is going on. Never mind the drama.
    Two things caught my attention. Haven't rode in a lot of ambulances but how many can bark the tires taking off? Stopping maybe but taking off from a dead stop?
    How about being inside a fairly serious fire without a mask, coming out, coughing once and going back in? Don't belong to a "big city" department but the fires I've been to have smoke that makes it hard to breath.

Didn't grow up on Emergency but kind of like it. I'm for reruns. Of course, how many guys at the time complained about that show not being real?

Take care,
    Walt
    Train like you want to fight.
    www.kvfd.net

Forum Member

Didn't grow up on Emergency but kind of like it. I'm for reruns. Of course, how many guys at the time complained about that show not being real?
    About the only thing "unreal" about Emergency was the size of Engine and Squad 51's response district!
    DennisTheMenace likes this.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    Obviously, your in the clueless group. I'm not a FF, but I know enough. The wife knows less than I do, and she said " this is a one, maybe two week show".

FM1
    Hah, the irony.

The word you are looking for is "you're".

Forum Member

I am not overly concerned about the technical aspects, though from a public education standpoint, the perception that the show gives regarding the visibility in a fire to a public that may not know any better makes the educational aspect regarding the need for rapid evacuation at the first sign of a fire much more difficult. But that's just not this show, but all firefighting shows and movies, including my beloved Emergency and Ladder 49.

What concerns me is the obvious disrespect and fighting between company officers. The use of drugs by members supplied by other members while on duty. The seeming lack of overall station discipline. These are the perceptions of the show that the members of the public can take away as reality.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    I am not overly concerned about the technical aspects, though from a public education standpoint, the perception that the show gives regarding the visibility in a fire to a public that may not know any better makes the educational aspect regarding the need for rapid evacuation at the first sign of a fire much more difficult. But that's just not this show, but all firefighting shows and movies, including my beloved Emergency and Ladder 49.

What concerns me is the obvious disrespect and fighting between company officers. The use of drugs by members supplied by other members while on duty. The seeming lack of overall station discipline. These are the perceptions of the show that the members of the public can take away as reality.
    It's quite obvious that you have never worked in a career station before.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Firefighters are human.. we have our strengths and weaknesses, joys and sorrows.

There are times we get along great, there are times we have disagreements.

We can't all be "perfect" like the Bossier Parish FD ( insert sarcastic smiley icon here)....
    RyanK63 likes this.
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

This is to FIREMECH1...Clueless???? Hey pal I did 30 plus years in the Fire Service and I do have a clue. I never said it was a good show all I said was that Firefighters are really criticial when Hollywood puts us in the screen. I too agree it won't last long but that was not the point as i think YOU HAVE NO CLUE!!
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

Thread Information