Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Tulsa Fire Department (OK) 2013

Current academy graduates Feb. next year. Anyone in the current hiring process for next year?

MembersZone Subscriber

I received an email in Sept. saying my Chiefs/BIQ interview has been pushed to next Spring. How did you find out about the academy? How many are in it?

Forum Member

Currently 29, don't know how many next academy. I believe the next academy has been pushed to either Fall 13 or Spring 14.

After current academy, the strength will be pretty current. Hopefully our mayor will consider the safety tax proposed by a task force that studied our current system. If that happens, current strength will go from 690 ish to 850 ish.

Keep working hard my friend.

MembersZone Subscriber

enginetercera. Are you a current FF for the city or candidate in waiting like me? I have been updating my BIQ for over 7 months with little to no response from HR. Know any additional info at this point?

Forum Member

Word was that a possible academy would start this fall (mid-october?), however it is very possible that it will be pushed to spring 2014. Current strength is almost to the authorized level, however, there are several retirements coming very soon. Also, our pension system will change, I don't know if it will make any changes in your decision but new hires will be required to work more years.

Keep working on improving your resume and get physically fit for the academy.

Forum Member

According to the news paper, budget presented for academy of 12 members starting next January. It is very interesting since it almost matches the training staff. Kind of like a personalized training academy .

We had word out in the field that next academy was going to be for about 20 cadets, Obviously it did not go that way.

Pretty competitive selection for you guys already in the hiring process. Good luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by enginetercera View Post
    According to the news paper, budget presented for academy of 12 members starting next January. It is very interesting since it almost matches the training staff. Kind of like a personalized training academy .

We had word out in the field that next academy was going to be for about 20 cadets, Obviously it did not go that way.

Pretty competitive selection for you guys already in the hiring process. Good luck!
    so it sounds like they are not even sure if we are gonna have one next year in Jan. of 2014. And not to mention the 2013 candidates we have who will more than likely be thrown into the mix. I got an email recently stating i would be called in this fall so here goes nothing or ....something. Thanks bud.

Thread Information