Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Helmet Upgrade: Cairn 1044 Opinions

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by KennyTheFireGuy View Post
    Why do you have to be such a d!ck? Were you picked on as a kid? Did daddy abuse you? What the hell is your problem? You attack me without any reason. I am just a bystander and liked a few comments and you just up and start in on me.

I wonder how the owners of the magazine would feel to know their forum is being bullied by @$$-clowns like you.
    I just knew you wouldn't leave. By the way show me one post where you have had a valid discussion on firefighting, or helped anyone, or answered a question. I can show you thousands of mine where I did those very things.

Now, I thought you were leaving...
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

I agree that he should not have bought one. Being just a Jr member or even a probie, there is no need for it.

First right thing you have said. Congratulations.

But to attack someone because they want to buy something, that's being an @$$-clown. No one knows this persons study habits. He may study hard and pass his classes and be very smart. It's his money, let him spend it. I don't understand the attitude on this forum of treating new firefighters like they are dirt. Especially when no one here knows who they are other then a screen name. You judge everyone based on one or two people you know or heard of. How would you feel if everyone judged all firefighters based on the attitude of FyredUp? We would all be considered @$$-clowns. Sorry but I prefer to be judged based on MY own actions, not the actions of someone else.

Sorry, I prefer new firefighters that are more interested in learning the job than having to have cool toys like their own personal helmet and tons of lights on their POV. You don't like that I put substance over style and that is your perogative. My issue is I have seen too many of these Urban Cowby firefighters that are more concerned with looking the part than actually being able to do it. So pardon me if I think it is utter nonsense for a 15 year old junior to want to buy a helmet just because it looks coooler than what he is issued.

Junior. I guess what you need to do before you post here is start every post with your credentials. If you are new, then say you are new and list what classes you have taken. List all your grades and any other training you may have. Always mention why you are doing something or asking something. Make sure you never act like you want to be a firefighter, it will just get you called a "junior" or "probie" and you will not get any respect. You must become a firefighter before you can talk about wanting to be a firefighter.

Yeah, I am sure at 15 he has a LONG string of credentials.

You probably should have saved your money for something else, like lights for your POV (ROFL). Study hard and learn the 3 S's first and foremost. Safety, Safety, SAFETY!

Oh you can bet your bottom dollar he will be back asking about lights for his POV in a year or so.

Try to do the best you can. A tip we give new members in our department is "Listen more then you talk." It is ok to talk and ask questions. There is no such thing as a dumb question. But you never know what you can learn by just listening. You are in a good position as a Jr. member. You are not allowed to go interior and so you don't have to worry about rushing into that. Take your time and learn everything anyone can teach you. When I took my FFII classes, there were 2 classes I got 80's in. I was not happy with that. The instructor told me it did not mater. All the school and state looked for was a "P" (Pass). I still re took the classes a year later to get my higher grade. The point is, don't settle for "Passing". Do you best to be the best. Don''t worry about looking good or dressing cool. Some of the best firefighters wear gear that looks like it has been through hell and back.

The highlighted sentence here is EXACTLY the point I tried to make to your angry little buddy. Funny how it is okay when YOU say it.

Good luck.
    Oh he will need every ounce of luck he can beg, borro, or steal with his attitude and temper.
    Last edited by FyredUp; 10-31-2012 at 11:25 PM.
    rm1524 likes this.
    Maybe it's not too late

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    I just knew you wouldn't leave. By the way show me one post where you have had a valid discussion on firefighting, or helped anyone, or answered a question. I can show you thousands of mine where I did those very things.

Now, I thought you were leaving...

I JUST JOINED D!CK HEAD! All I have seen posted by you is you being a d!ck to someone that was new.

I never said I was leaving. I said I was canceling my subscription.

Forum Member

Keenythefireguy-----

You have been here since 10-10-2012 and have 8 posts which have teed off older senior members who love to bust the balls on new guys and kids pretending to be firefighters. Relax Francis. You are new and should keep your eyes and ears open and maybe learn something.

BTW - are you the former Mr. D? You sure sound like him.

Also please stop the cursing and “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive) is Not Permitted or Tolerated
    rm1524 likes this.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Sorry, I prefer new firefighters that are more interested in learning the job than having to have cool toys like their own personal helmet and tons of lights on their POV.
    Who said he was not interested in learning the job? When our department was founded, all members had to buy their own gear. All of them did so and was still interested in learning the job.

You don't like that I put substance over style and that is your perogative.
    I don't like that you put yourself over everyone else.

So pardon me if I think it is utter nonsense for a 15 year old junior to want to buy a helmet just because it looks coooler than what he is issued.
    There are other ways to handle that then by being a d!ck.

Yeah, I am sure at 15 he has a LONG string of credentials.
    Apparently you went blind while reading and over looked me saying "If you are new, then say you are new and list what classes you have taken."

Oh you can bet your bottom dollar he will be back asking about lights for his POV in a year or so.
    I hope so. Better to get educated and use the proper lighting then to just go buy something from the auto parts store and have it fail when needed.

The highlighted sentence here is EXACTLY the point I tried to make to your angry little buddy. Funny how it is okay when YOU say it.
    I wasn't a d!ck about it. See the difference?

Look. I don't care who you are or how long you have been a firefighter or anything else. It' show you present yourself that matters. You are correct in some things you say about issues, I have agreed with most of your postings, but you are a d!ck about the way you say them. Think about how easier it is to learn from someone that is explaining things in a positive manner then from someone that is being a d!ck.

I know it can be frustrating to get the same noob question over and over, trust me I know, I used to own a forum. But try directing them to the information instead of talking down to them.

I am sure you are a great guy and a great firefighter. I am sure many guys and gals would put their life in your hands.

MembersZone Subscriber

What is up with everyone wearing their feelings on their sleeve? Good grief Charlie Brown. If you are able to run your mouth then you better be able to take it and not get your feelings hurt.

If you are new don’t come here or anywhere else for that matter thinking that someone owes you something, because they don’t. You show up with the entitlement mentality and you will find yourself being ragged on and beat down. Keep your mouth shut and learn your surroundings. If you think this is bad go to a firehouse and start your second grade games and see how you get along.

The Playstation generation has a lot to learn about how things are in the real world and it gets real old real quick seeing wave after wave of new kids run their mouth and then either leaves crying or revert to name calling. Followed by don’t ask a question if you’re going to get a balled up because no one agrees with you and you don’t get the answer you wanted. We are not here to validate you.

Either grow up or go sit in the corner until you can act like a big kid and play with the rest of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Keenythefireguy-----

You have been here since 10-10-2012 and have 8 posts which have teed off older senior members who love to bust the balls on new guys and kids pretending to be firefighters. Relax Francis. You are new and should keep your eyes and ears open and maybe learn something.
    I was relaxed and minding my own business until FyredUp wanted to start in on me. I was just watching this topic. But once my name was mentioned I joined in. They love to bust balls of every new member. They don't know who they are or how much or little training they have.

BTW - are you the former Mr. D? You sure sound like him.
    I thought I was Junior? Now I am someone else? Make up your mind.

Also please stop the cursing and “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive) is Not Permitted or Tolerated
    Interesting...

Buh Bye! Don't let the door hit you in your JUNIOR azz on the way out!!

Forum Member

For the record, Junior made the first personal attacks with the name calling and profanity. You should have noticed while you were liking all of his posts.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

This place is like a chicken pot pie where the crust is made out of chicken schit. To get to the delicious filling, you have to take a few bites of schit.
    IAFF

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    For the record, Junior made the first personal attacks with the name calling and profanity. You should have noticed while you were liking all of his posts.
    And that has what to do with anything?

Forum Member

And that has what to do with anything?
    It has to do with your accusations of the old timers attacking your buddy junior, when in fact he started it.
    Maybe it's not too late

It has to do with your accusations of the old timers attacking your buddy junior, when in fact he started it.
    First response to the original post. First attack:

Quote Originally Posted by rm1524 View Post
    Take the one they give you and pay more attention in English class.
    Second attack:

Quote Originally Posted by Junior22 View Post
    Don't mean I can't have nice toys, and still do the job correctly, safely,and successfully.
    No, it means you care more about looking cool when your nose should be in the books and your hands on the tools learning the job. I guess I just wasn't as cool as you I used my issued helmet until I was on the FD for over 4 years.

He is doing things a little backwards by buying this stuff now. But as long as he is also doing his studies and training properly, I see no problem with him spending his money on stuff he does not need. Who knows, He may go on and become a good firefighter. Then he can look back and say "I have had this helmet since I was 15 years old." Of course he will have to hang it up in 10 years, but hey, then he will be 25 and can buy a new cool, helmet with laser beams and whatever else they may have by then.

Forum Member

Surely, as soon as you stop acting like a spoiled brat little wannabe.
    I believe the appropriate response for an old timer is "I am not a spoiled brat, and don't call me Shirley"
    KennyTheFireGuy likes this.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Lewiston2FF View Post
    I believe the appropriate response for an old timer is "I am not a spoiled brat, and don't call me Shirley"
    Great movie.

MembersZone Subscriber

First response to the original post. First attack:

Second attack:

He is doing things a little backwards by buying this stuff now. But as long as he is also doing his studies and training properly, I see no problem with him spending his money on stuff he does not need. Who knows, He may go on and become a good firefighter. Then he can look back and say "I have had this helmet since I was 15 years old." Of course he will have to hang it up in 10 years, but hey, then he will be 25 and can buy a new cool, helmet with laser beams and whatever else they may have by then.
    Your new little friend asked for an opinion and I gave him mine and a little advice. His original post was poorly written and he could stand to put forth more effort in his writing skills. If you feel that was an attack on the poor little guy then so be it.

As for you Kenny I could really care less who you are or what you have done with your life you are fast becoming nothing more than a troll.

MembersZone Subscriber

Oh boy... Fancy looking helmets don't put out fires. As some have said use all that energy into learning the job. This business is turning into "Look at me central"

Now how long before the old lock get thrown on here?

Quote Originally Posted by rm1524 View Post
    As for you Kenny I could really care less who you are or what you have done with your life you are fast becoming nothing more than a troll.
    Typical bully response.

Forum Member

Typical bully response.
    And yours are typical troll. Why do you care about this topic unless A) You are in fact Junior, B) You know Junior and are one of his 15 year old buddies, c) You just like to agitate stuff for no apparent reason other than getting your jollies.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

KennyTheFireGuy,

If what you quoted me saying here is considered an attack in your world you wouldn't last 5 minutes at the kitchen table in my career firehouse before we had you reduced to tears.

No, it means you care more about looking cool when your nose should be in the books and your hands on the tools learning the job. I guess I just wasn't as cool as you I used my issued helmet until I was on the FD for over 4 years.
    Maybe it's not too late

And yours are typical troll. Why do you care about this topic unless A) You are in fact Junior, B) You know Junior and are one of his 15 year old buddies, c) You just like to agitate stuff for no apparent reason other than getting your jollies.
    d) I don't like to see people like you treat others like crap.

I think the real question is Why do you care about this topic? Why should you care how he wants to look? His question was not "Should I buy a new helmet?" It was "What helmet should I buy?" It is obvious that your "You should study more instead of buying a helmet" fell on def ears, as he bought a helmet anyway. And the question of "Do you know his study habits and how much he has learned?" still is left unanswered. The guy came here and asked about helmets. That is all that should have been addressed. No need to attack him or anything. How hard would that have been? Personally I agree that he wasted his money. But that's his choice. We knew he was going to buy one. Wouldn't it be better to give him a good recommendation rather then him getting a bad helmet?

You keep on him (and others) about how much they need to study, study, study, and to not worry about other things. Remember "Intelligence without ambition is like a bird without wings."

KennyTheFireGuy,

If what you quoted me saying here is considered an attack in your world you wouldn't last 5 minutes at the kitchen table in my career firehouse before we had you reduced to tears.
    Then your firehouse needs a lesson on manners and on how to not be rude d!cks. What I quoted you saying is considered an attack in the real world. It's a shame that it is not in your world.
    Last edited by KennyTheFireGuy; 11-02-2012 at 12:32 AM.

Forum Member

d) I don't like to see people like you treat others like crap.

And I don't like guys like you that have no stake in this dragging it out for DAYS after the original poster is gone. At this point all you are is some troll looking for your 15 minutes of fame.

I think the real question is Why do you care about this topic? Why should you care how he wants to look? His question was not "Should I buy a new helmet?" It was "What helmet should I buy?" It is obvious that your "You should study more instead of buying a helmet" fell on def ears, as he bought a helmet anyway. And the question of "Do you know his study habits and how much he has learned?" still is left unanswered. The guy came here and asked about helmets. That is all that should have been addressed. No need to attack him or anything. How hard would that have been? Personally I agree that he wasted his money. But that's his choice. We knew he was going to buy one. Wouldn't it be better to give him a good recommendation rather then him getting a bad helmet?

I said a long time ago in a post far far away near the beginning of this that I pity those that prefer style over substance. Whether you choose to believe it, or choose to continue ranting and raving over something that didn't even involve you, is of little consequence. Frankly, I chuckle at your dogged resolve to keep this going. What's your point? The original poster is gone...well, unless you are him.

You keep on him (and others) about how much they need to study, study, study, and to not worry about other things. Remember "Intelligence without ambition is like a bird without wings."

And keeping an argument going just to remain in the limelight, like you are doing is childish and ridiculous. All you are is noise in a topic that has become nothing more than a humorous aside.

Then your firehouse needs a lesson on manners and on how to not be rude d!cks. What I quoted you saying is considered an attack in the real world. It's a shame that it is not in your world.

Nope, we are all grown ups and know how to take criticism AND a joke. Apparently the only joke you get is you. Lighten up Francis, the only one whiney like a schoolgirl here is you, go away if you can't take the heat.
    Have a nce day, or don't, frankly I don't give a dam n either way.
    Maybe it's not too late

And I don't like guys like you that have no stake in this dragging it out for DAYS after the original poster is gone. At this point all you are is some troll looking for your 15 minutes of fame.
    Whether you choose to believe it, or choose to continue ranting and raving over something that didn't even involve you, is of little consequence.
    You are the one that brought me into this. Can't take the heat? Get out of the kitchen.

Nope, we are all grown ups and know how to take criticism AND a joke.
    Ok kid. Maybe in another 10 years when you reach my age you will learn some respect and manners. Some would think 54 years would have taught you that. Guess you're a slow learner.
    Last edited by KennyTheFireGuy; 11-02-2012 at 04:14 AM.

Forum Member

KennyTheFireGuy,

Oh for Christ's sake, did you receive another batch of internet tough guy pills again? So you work with a bunch of guys that nobody else wants to work with as a group, and that somehow makes you cool? You're referring to the famous (to you) "snake pit"? Yeah, most guys would not want to have the reputation of making an OT or shift trade guy feel unwelcome in their house. You seem to wear it around like a badge of honor.

And please stop labeling every new person with an opinion here a "troll", it's not fair to those of us that are trying to actually troll this site.
    KennyTheFireGuy likes this.
    IAFF

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    Oh for Christ's sake, did you receive another batch of internet tough guy pills again? So you work with a bunch of guys that nobody else wants to work with as a group, and that somehow makes you cool? You're referring to the famous (to you) "snake pit"? Yeah, most guys would not want to have the reputation of making an OT or shift trade guy feel unwelcome in their house. You seem to wear it around like a badge of honor.

And please stop labeling every new person with an opinion here a "troll", it's not fair to those of us that are trying to actually troll this site.

I don't need internet tough guy pills thank you very much! It comes entirely naturally for me.

Actually most people like working with the snake pit crew because we are a no nonsense go in and get it crew. Our Captain is nationally known for RIT and Save Yoursef training. I wont apologize for the fact that we don't sit around drinking tea, eating biscuits, and discussing the latest fashions. we give each other the business and that extends to OT, trade, and detailed firefighters. Some take it well, and some can't take the slightest teasing without getting all bent out of shape. Guess who fits in and who doesn't want to come back? We don't beieve we are supermen, and surely don't believe we are better than anyone else, all we care about is being better then we were so that we can be safe and do a great job for our citizens. Frankly, isn't that what every firefighter should want?

I am sure you will find twisted pleasure in the fact we have a new Chief and a new number 2 Chief and they have decided that a major shake up of all the crews is needed. So as a result the Snake Pit has been broken up and we are being disseminated amongst the entire department to spread our special type of Brotherhood. 4 years virtually untouched, it is sad that it couldn't have lasted until I retire next year. I guess all good things must come to an end...

I didn't label him a troll for his opinion, I labeled him a troll because he is keeping this fawking topic alive days after the original poster went back to his chocolate chip cookies, warm milk, and Call to Duty Game.

Try to relax...this is only the internet!!
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

You are the one that brought me into this. Can't take the heat? Get out of the kitchen.

Now that is some funny schit right there...you are the one crying, not me. Drop it and it all goes away.

Ok kid. Maybe in another 10 years when you reach my age you will learn some respect and manners. Some would think 54 years would have taught you that. Guess you're a slow learner.

Gramps, isn't your rocker glider calling your name? Look I will tell you the same thing I have told other people, Respect is earned, not auomatically given because you somehow survived this long. You jumped into this with your attack claws out and then cried when myself and others fired back. If YOU can't stand the heat turn off your computer and get back to the checkerboard.
    Have a nice day, I heard it is Tapioca day at the home.
    Maybe it's not too late

Thread Information