Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Helmet Upgrade: Cairn 1044 Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by KennyTheFireGuy View Post
    I beg your pardon? I joined on 10-10-2012. This thread was created on 10-22-2012. Nice detective skills you have.
    You probably figured you would need a backup eventually and just made the alter ego in advance. It has been done before.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Just a little suspicious that the only posts that Kennythewannabefireguy liked were the ones where the junior was a total azz hat. Golly must just be a coincidence....Yeah, right.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Banned

LOL. I was told this site would be funny. I see it really is full of @$$-clowns.

And FyredUp, what's your problem? You don't know me, yet you start right off with the insults? Damn man, you seem to have issues.

"Kenny the fire guy" is what my friends call me because I am a firefighter.

I liked his post because of the way you were treating him, and he called you out on it.

Damn, in just a few days I have seen you and others attack so many people for their opinions.

Stop being a d!ck.
    Last edited by KennyTheFireGuy; 10-30-2012 at 11:17 PM.

LOL. I was told this site would be funny. I see it really is full of @$$-clowns.

And FyredUp, what's your problem? You don't know me, yet you start right off with the insults? Damn man, you seem to have issues.

"Kenny the fire guy" is what my friends call me because I am a firefighter.

I liked his post because of the way you were treating him, and he called you out on it.

Damn, in just a few days I have seen you and others attack so many people for their opinions.

Stop being a d!ck.
    Whatever you say JUNIOR!!
    Maybe it's not too late

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Whatever you say JUNIOR!!
    *roll eyes* You seriously need help sir.

Hey. Consie272 just joined. They must be Junior too.
    Last edited by KennyTheFireGuy; 11-04-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Forum Member

Dont pick on kenny ----YOU B@stards
    snowball likes this.
    ?

Ya gotta say I agree with the "@$$-clowns" on this one......Junior you waisted your money. I can safely say we had a Jr member at our station who went out bought all this stuff to look "cool" then turned around and failed his fire class....not once but twice. And he has basically been blacklisted in this county because of that and his overall attitude. Like others have said best put your nose in the books and get to the rank of firefighter before spending any $$$ on toys.

*roll eyes* You seriously need help sir.

Hey. Consie272 just joined. They must be Junior too.

Junior. Good luck. Looks like you are in for a world of fun with these people. I think I will be canceling my subscription to Fire House. Too many @$$-clowns.
    Buh Bye! Don't let the door hit you in your JUNIOR azz on the way out!!
    Maybe it's not too late

Banned

Why do you have to be such a d!ck? Were you picked on as a kid? Did daddy abuse you? What the hell is your problem? You attack me without any reason. I am just a bystander and liked a few comments and you just up and start in on me.

I wonder how the owners of the magazine would feel to know their forum is being bullied by @$$-clowns like you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FireInTheShire View Post
    Ya gotta say I agree with the "@$$-clowns" on this one......Junior you waisted your money. I can safely say we had a Jr member at our station who went out bought all this stuff to look "cool" then turned around and failed his fire class....not once but twice. And he has basically been blacklisted in this county because of that and his overall attitude. Like others have said best put your nose in the books and get to the rank of firefighter before spending any $$$ on toys.
    I agree that he should not have bought one. Being just a Jr member or even a probie, there is no need for it.

But to attack someone because they want to buy something, that's being an @$$-clown. No one knows this persons study habits. He may study hard and pass his classes and be very smart. It's his money, let him spend it. I don't understand the attitude on this forum of treating new firefighters like they are dirt. Especially when no one here knows who they are other then a screen name. You judge everyone based on one or two people you know or heard of. How would you feel if everyone judged all firefighters based on the attitude of FyredUp? We would all be considered @$$-clowns. Sorry but I prefer to be judged based on MY own actions, not the actions of someone else.

Junior. I guess what you need to do before you post here is start every post with your credentials. If you are new, then say you are new and list what classes you have taken. List all your grades and any other training you may have. Always mention why you are doing something or asking something. Make sure you never act like you want to be a firefighter, it will just get you called a "junior" or "probie" and you will not get any respect. You must become a firefighter before you can talk about wanting to be a firefighter.

You probably should have saved your money for something else, like lights for your POV (ROFL). Study hard and learn the 3 S's first and foremost. Safety, Safety, SAFETY!

Try to do the best you can. A tip we give new members in our department is "Listen more then you talk." It is ok to talk and ask questions. There is no such thing as a dumb question. But you never know what you can learn by just listening. You are in a good position as a Jr. member. You are not allowed to go interior and so you don't have to worry about rushing into that. Take your time and learn everything anyone can teach you. When I took my FFII classes, there were 2 classes I got 80's in. I was not happy with that. The instructor told me it did not mater. All the school and state looked for was a "P" (Pass). I still re took the classes a year later to get my higher grade. The point is, don't settle for "Passing". Do you best to be the best. Don''t worry about looking good or dressing cool. Some of the best firefighters wear gear that looks like it has been through hell and back.

Good luck.

Why do you have to be such a d!ck? Were you picked on as a kid? Did daddy abuse you? What the hell is your problem? You attack me without any reason. I am just a bystander and liked a few comments and you just up and start in on me.

I wonder how the owners of the magazine would feel to know their forum is being bullied by @$$-clowns like you.
    I just knew you wouldn't leave. By the way show me one post where you have had a valid discussion on firefighting, or helped anyone, or answered a question. I can show you thousands of mine where I did those very things.

Now, I thought you were leaving...
    Maybe it's not too late

I agree that he should not have bought one. Being just a Jr member or even a probie, there is no need for it.

First right thing you have said. Congratulations.

But to attack someone because they want to buy something, that's being an @$$-clown. No one knows this persons study habits. He may study hard and pass his classes and be very smart. It's his money, let him spend it. I don't understand the attitude on this forum of treating new firefighters like they are dirt. Especially when no one here knows who they are other then a screen name. You judge everyone based on one or two people you know or heard of. How would you feel if everyone judged all firefighters based on the attitude of FyredUp? We would all be considered @$$-clowns. Sorry but I prefer to be judged based on MY own actions, not the actions of someone else.

Sorry, I prefer new firefighters that are more interested in learning the job than having to have cool toys like their own personal helmet and tons of lights on their POV. You don't like that I put substance over style and that is your perogative. My issue is I have seen too many of these Urban Cowby firefighters that are more concerned with looking the part than actually being able to do it. So pardon me if I think it is utter nonsense for a 15 year old junior to want to buy a helmet just because it looks coooler than what he is issued.

Junior. I guess what you need to do before you post here is start every post with your credentials. If you are new, then say you are new and list what classes you have taken. List all your grades and any other training you may have. Always mention why you are doing something or asking something. Make sure you never act like you want to be a firefighter, it will just get you called a "junior" or "probie" and you will not get any respect. You must become a firefighter before you can talk about wanting to be a firefighter.

Yeah, I am sure at 15 he has a LONG string of credentials.

You probably should have saved your money for something else, like lights for your POV (ROFL). Study hard and learn the 3 S's first and foremost. Safety, Safety, SAFETY!

Oh you can bet your bottom dollar he will be back asking about lights for his POV in a year or so.

Try to do the best you can. A tip we give new members in our department is "Listen more then you talk." It is ok to talk and ask questions. There is no such thing as a dumb question. But you never know what you can learn by just listening. You are in a good position as a Jr. member. You are not allowed to go interior and so you don't have to worry about rushing into that. Take your time and learn everything anyone can teach you. When I took my FFII classes, there were 2 classes I got 80's in. I was not happy with that. The instructor told me it did not mater. All the school and state looked for was a "P" (Pass). I still re took the classes a year later to get my higher grade. The point is, don't settle for "Passing". Do you best to be the best. Don''t worry about looking good or dressing cool. Some of the best firefighters wear gear that looks like it has been through hell and back.

The highlighted sentence here is EXACTLY the point I tried to make to your angry little buddy. Funny how it is okay when YOU say it.

Good luck.
    Oh he will need every ounce of luck he can beg, borro, or steal with his attitude and temper.
    Last edited by FyredUp; 10-31-2012 at 11:25 PM.
    rm1524 likes this.
    Maybe it's not too late

Banned

I just knew you wouldn't leave. By the way show me one post where you have had a valid discussion on firefighting, or helped anyone, or answered a question. I can show you thousands of mine where I did those very things.

Now, I thought you were leaving...

I JUST JOINED D!CK HEAD! All I have seen posted by you is you being a d!ck to someone that was new.

I never said I was leaving. I said I was canceling my subscription.

Keenythefireguy-----

You have been here since 10-10-2012 and have 8 posts which have teed off older senior members who love to bust the balls on new guys and kids pretending to be firefighters. Relax Francis. You are new and should keep your eyes and ears open and maybe learn something.

BTW - are you the former Mr. D? You sure sound like him.

Also please stop the cursing and “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive) is Not Permitted or Tolerated
    rm1524 likes this.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Banned

Sorry, I prefer new firefighters that are more interested in learning the job than having to have cool toys like their own personal helmet and tons of lights on their POV.
    Who said he was not interested in learning the job? When our department was founded, all members had to buy their own gear. All of them did so and was still interested in learning the job.

You don't like that I put substance over style and that is your perogative.
    I don't like that you put yourself over everyone else.

So pardon me if I think it is utter nonsense for a 15 year old junior to want to buy a helmet just because it looks coooler than what he is issued.
    There are other ways to handle that then by being a d!ck.

Yeah, I am sure at 15 he has a LONG string of credentials.
    Apparently you went blind while reading and over looked me saying "If you are new, then say you are new and list what classes you have taken."

Oh you can bet your bottom dollar he will be back asking about lights for his POV in a year or so.
    I hope so. Better to get educated and use the proper lighting then to just go buy something from the auto parts store and have it fail when needed.

The highlighted sentence here is EXACTLY the point I tried to make to your angry little buddy. Funny how it is okay when YOU say it.
    I wasn't a d!ck about it. See the difference?

Look. I don't care who you are or how long you have been a firefighter or anything else. It' show you present yourself that matters. You are correct in some things you say about issues, I have agreed with most of your postings, but you are a d!ck about the way you say them. Think about how easier it is to learn from someone that is explaining things in a positive manner then from someone that is being a d!ck.

I know it can be frustrating to get the same noob question over and over, trust me I know, I used to own a forum. But try directing them to the information instead of talking down to them.

I am sure you are a great guy and a great firefighter. I am sure many guys and gals would put their life in your hands.

MembersZone Subscriber

What is up with everyone wearing their feelings on their sleeve? Good grief Charlie Brown. If you are able to run your mouth then you better be able to take it and not get your feelings hurt.

If you are new don’t come here or anywhere else for that matter thinking that someone owes you something, because they don’t. You show up with the entitlement mentality and you will find yourself being ragged on and beat down. Keep your mouth shut and learn your surroundings. If you think this is bad go to a firehouse and start your second grade games and see how you get along.

The Playstation generation has a lot to learn about how things are in the real world and it gets real old real quick seeing wave after wave of new kids run their mouth and then either leaves crying or revert to name calling. Followed by don’t ask a question if you’re going to get a balled up because no one agrees with you and you don’t get the answer you wanted. We are not here to validate you.

Either grow up or go sit in the corner until you can act like a big kid and play with the rest of the group.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Keenythefireguy-----

You have been here since 10-10-2012 and have 8 posts which have teed off older senior members who love to bust the balls on new guys and kids pretending to be firefighters. Relax Francis. You are new and should keep your eyes and ears open and maybe learn something.
    I was relaxed and minding my own business until FyredUp wanted to start in on me. I was just watching this topic. But once my name was mentioned I joined in. They love to bust balls of every new member. They don't know who they are or how much or little training they have.

BTW - are you the former Mr. D? You sure sound like him.
    I thought I was Junior? Now I am someone else? Make up your mind.

Also please stop the cursing and “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive) is Not Permitted or Tolerated
    Interesting...

For the record, Junior made the first personal attacks with the name calling and profanity. You should have noticed while you were liking all of his posts.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

This place is like a chicken pot pie where the crust is made out of chicken schit. To get to the delicious filling, you have to take a few bites of schit.
    IAFF

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    For the record, Junior made the first personal attacks with the name calling and profanity. You should have noticed while you were liking all of his posts.
    And that has what to do with anything?

Thread Information