Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Helmet Upgrade: Cairn 1044 Opinions

Forum Member

Actually Fyred, I totally feel you on the new chief. We just acquired a new chief in our city as well. Needless to say, things are being shaken up here too. The admin is receiving the brunt of it which is a refreshing change from past practices.

As for this thread, I was doing well just watching from the sidelines, till this morning. I was waiting for my relief to show up, enjoying a little FH while dropping a fragrant deuce in the can. It must have been a habanero seed that lit me up, or the bathroom fan that sounds like PD's helicopter circling the station, but I had to act. I think Kenny will be a great poster here once everyone calms down IMHO. And I've never believed that ones join date or amount of posts serves as any credibility here.
    IAFF

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    Actually Fyred, I totally feel you on the new chief. We just acquired a new chief in our city as well. Needless to say, things are being shaken up here too. The admin is receiving the brunt of it which is a refreshing change from past practices.

I am a short timer so for me it is just adapting to it. I have told people I will simply become an MRD (Mindless Robotic Drone) and ride out the wave. Not all change is bad, but not all that came before was bad either. The balancing act of that and being credible to the troops at the same time can be a real challenge at times.

As for this thread, I was doing well just watching from the sidelines, till this morning. I was waiting for my relief to show up, enjoying a little FH while dropping a fragrant deuce in the can. It must have been a habanero seed that lit me up, or the bathroom fan that sounds like PD's helicopter circling the station, but I had to act. I think Kenny will be a great poster here once everyone calms down IMHO. And I've never believed that ones join date or amount of posts serves as any credibility here.

Look, time in at FH.com is really not all that relevant in most cases, but time on the job is. I just see so many young guys come on here and the 2 most important things to them seem to be: 1) What kind of traditional helmet should I buy, 2) How many dozens, if not hundreds of lights, and should they be halogen or LED, should they put on their POV. I just shake my head at that and think back to when I got on my first FD and the most important thing to me was learning what to do, not how cool I looked or if my POV looked like a circus wagon going down the road. No one gives a darn how cool you look if you can't pull a preconnect, or start the saw, or don an SCBA fast enough to be of use. We have had the option at work for over 5 years to buy our own traditional helmet if we wished, there was a list of the approved ones. I just never got one until they began issuing them earlier this year. Not because I don't like the look of the traditional but because I had other things that I would rather spend my money on. Frankly, there wasn't anything wrong with my Cairns 660C. Well, other than it was merely tactical tuperware and wasn't uber cool.
    Maybe this will all go away now...We can only hope.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    I didn't label him a troll for his opinion, I labeled him a troll because he is keeping this fawking topic alive days after the original poster went back to his chocolate chip cookies, warm milk, and Call to Duty Game.

I think it is funny as hell how ANYONE that is new is automatically "living in their moms basement eating cookies and playing games all day. You have something wrong. I hope you don't have kids. God how awful it would be to never live up to your standards. How about the guys in your unit? Do any of them ever get to fight fires? Or do you jump off the truck with your cape and red boots and blow hard and put it out on 10 seconds?

Try to relax...this is only the internet!!
    Take your own advice. It's the internet, Where people come to learn, talk and ask questions. Not everyone is "that probie that drives fast and runs people off the road." As I said before. I agree with you and other on Junior wasting his money, but how about helping him in a positive manner instead of reaming him out.

Look I will tell you the same thing I have told other people, Respect is earned, not auomatically given
    Which is why I give you no respect. You have not earned it.

I didn't jump into anything, YOU brought me into this. No one here is crying but you after you were called out for being a d!ck.

It's funny how you go around this site and talk about how anyone younger then you sucks and needs to spend more time in the books. Now someone older (and wiser) then you comes along and reveals how much of a d!ck you are, now you call me Gramps. Sonny, I have more experience in my left nut then you will ever have in your entire life time.

You need to learn some respect for other people. When I was growing up, if anyone acted the way you act, they would have had their @$$ kicked. So either 1) you are not this much of a d!ck in person, which makes you an e-thug. or 2) your fellow department members are just puss!es and won't stand up to you. No matter which it is, you don't deserve any respect and will not get any from me.

No go back to your day care center and pretend to play fire fighter.
    Last edited by KennyTheFireGuy; 11-02-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Forum Member

Fruit Of The Loom online can custom make underwear for that left nut.
    IAFF

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    Fruit Of The Loom online can custom make underwear for that left nut.
    Really? Thanks. It gets tight. LOL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    You probably figured you would need a backup eventually and just made the alter ego in advance. It has been done before.
    Aww your from Georgia ----- you dont know nuttin
    ?

Forum Member

My last post. 4 fellow FH Members of the Forums,and me have contacted FireHouse about you, FyredUp, and CaptOldTimer, for breaking the "Forums Guidelines", and just being plain rude and obnoxious. My, "word of advice", next time, THINK BEFORE YOU HIT POST!
    KennyTheFireGuy likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KennyTheFireGuy View Post
    I think it is funny as hell how ANYONE that is new is automatically "living in their moms basement eating cookies and playing games all day. You have something wrong. I hope you don't have kids. God how awful it would be to never live up to your standards. How about the guys in your unit? Do any of them ever get to fight fires? Or do you jump off the truck with your cape and red boots and blow hard and put it out on 10 seconds?

Sorry Gramps, you missed all the tough talk of your champion the junior. I treated him with the exact amount of respect he deserved after he went ballistically profane and insulting. Initially I never insulted him, I merely said worry less about looking cool and more about learning the job. Apparently learning the job isn't that important to you since you pounced on me for saying that. Um. he is 15 I would bet you a steak dinner he has a gaming system and can tell you all about it...I do have kids, one is lieutenant on one fire department and a firefighter on another. He is well liked and espected by his peers. My other son is a senior in high school and has no interest at all in the fire service, which is cool with me. He is far too smart to be a grunt and scored and 35 on his ACT. Yeah my kids are really bad off. Thanks for bringing my family into this you are a real prince of a man. Want to make a wise azz remark about my wife being a breast cancer survivor while you are at it? Notice I ddn't say squat about your family, and I won't, because it is pretty classless.

The crews I work with are a team, we work together very well. Sorry if that deflates another idiotic attempt at an insult.

Take your own advice. It's the internet, Where people come to learn, talk and ask questions. Not everyone is "that probie that drives fast and runs people off the road." As I said before. I agree with you and other on Junior wasting his money, but how about helping him in a positive manner instead of reaming him out.

I initially did. Go back and reread the entire topic instead of just liking where he is attacking others.

Which is why I give you no respect. You have not earned it.

Frankly, since you proved what a cassless turd you are by trying to get to me by insulting my family I don't want your respect. Old geezers like you like to yap about respect and then attack family members when you have nothing else left. Even my "snake Pit" crew t work doesn't go after kids and wives or girlfriends when we fire shots at each other. Pretty pathetic that you had to stoop to that.

I didn't jump into anything, YOU brought me into this. No one here is crying but you after you were called out for being a d!ck.

I haven't cried about anything. I did point out in this post how pathetic you are for bringing my kids into it. So before you call someone a dick, look at your own pathetic tasteless behavior.

It's funny how you go around this site and talk about how anyone younger then you sucks and needs to spend more time in the books. Now someone older (and wiser) then you comes along and reveals how much of a d!ck you are, now you call me Gramps. Sonny, I have more experience in my left nut then you will ever have in your entire life time.

You might be older gramps but this entire post by you clearly shows you aren't wiser...more tasteless, more classless, and more of a dick than you believe I am, but certainly not wiser.

More experience in your left nut? Wow! Now I am completely unimpressed. That was so stupid that it wasn't even funny, just pathetic.

You need to learn some respect for other people. When I was growing up, if anyone acted the way you act, they would have had their @$$ kicked. So either 1) you are not this much of a d!ck in person, which makes you an e-thug. or 2) your fellow department members are just puss!es and won't stand up to you. No matter which it is, you don't deserve any respect and will not get any from me.

So how much of a dick are you in person? Do you insult people's kids to their face? becuse if you did that on my crew you wouldn't last long with us. We may be brutal to each other ut family is off limits.

My bet is YOU got your azz kicked for being such a big mouthed azz hat.

No go back to your day care center and pretend to play fire fighter.

Call the CNA you need some help wiping the Tapioca off your chin, you are drooling. OH LOOK!! It's checkers night in the activity room. Maybe someone will wheel you in there!!
    Good night gramps it is after 9:00PM. Take out your teeth and snuggle in for the night.
    Last edited by FyredUp; 11-03-2012 at 12:11 AM.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

Good night gramps it is after 9:00PM. Take out your teeth and snuggle in for the night.
    Hey Kenny, you called it right!

Apparently learning the job isn't that important to you since you pounced on me for saying that.
    I pounced you for the way you treat people like crap.

Um he is 15 I would bet you a steak dinner he has a gaming system and can tell you ll about it..
    Nice stereo type casting there d!ck. We have Jr. Members that are 15-17 and not a single one has a gaming system. They are interested in other things, like firefighting.

Thanks for bringing my family into this you are a rel prince of a man.
    You're welcome. (BTW it's "real". "rel" is not a word. Seeing how you are such a grammar Nazi in other topics, I thought I'd return the favor.

The crews I wrk with are a team, we work together very well. Sorry if that deflates another idiotic attempt at an insult.
    Fear can make a man do anything. ("work")

I initially did.
    That's why you are still posting here and still attacking others.

Frankly, since you proved what a cassless turd you are by trying to get to me by insulting my family I don't want your respect.
    Wow, the pot calling the kettle black. You can dish it out, but can't take it? ("classless")

Old geezers like you like to yap about respect and then attack family members when you have nothing else left.
    No. It's just funny to see you getting a dose of your own crap.

Even my "snake Pit" crew t work doesn't go after kids and wives or girlfriends when we fire shots at each other.
    Not while you are listening anyway.

Pretty pathetic that you had to stoop to that.
    Just trying to get down to your level.

I haven't cried about anything.
    You're crying now. Crying about someone telling you how bad they feel for your kids having to put up with you.

So before you call someone a dick, look at your own pathetic tasteless behavior.
    Again, just trying to get down to you maturity level. You know the saying. Fight fire with fire.

More experience in your left nut? Wow! Now I am completely unimpressed. That was so stupid that it wasn't even funny,
    Nope, just honest. Wow, you are really having a hard time with this huh? You dish it out all day and now someone is telling you off and calling you out and you can't stand it.

So how much of a dick are you in person?
    In person I treat people they way they act. Like here. You act like a d!ck, I treat you like a d!ck.

Do you insult people's kids to thir face?
    I Didn't insult your kids. I feel sorry for them. ("their")

becuse if you did that on my crew you wouldn't last long with us. We may be brutal to each other ut family is off limits.
    Until your back is turned.

My bet is YOU got your *** kickd for being such a big mouthed azz hat.
    Your bet would be wrong. As I said. I treat people how they act. That has earned me respect from others. And the only " big mouthed azz hat" here is you. Look back on your postings on this whole site. See how much of a d!ck you are.

LOL, there you go again. Younger then you, they are "just kids" Older, they are "gramps". I guess the perfect age is mid 50's?

I'll take my teeth out, but still run laps around your @$$ while in full gear including S.C.B.A. and carrying all the tools needed for entry.

It's almost 11:00 sonny, Time to take your Flintstones vitamin and kiss your mommy good night.
    Junior22 likes this.

Forum Member

Hey kenny,

I'll take all the insults you want to send my way. I have never insulted anyone's family here, or at work. Boundaries, try to get some. I find it pathetic that you think you can win this little battle of yours by bringing my family into it. I guess when you have nothing else that is what you have to resort to.

So you can run circles around me huh? Who is playing the internet tough guy now? Pot meet kettle.

Just go back to bed old man you aren't impressing anyone, well other than your hero Junior. He isn't your son is he? That by the way isn't an insult, just a question. That would surely explain alot now wouldn't it?

Have a nice night or not, it doesn't matter to me.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Junior22 View Post
    My last post. 4 fellow FH Members of the Forums,and me have contacted FireHouse about you, FyredUp, and CaptOldTimer, for breaking the "Forums Guidelines", and just being plain rude and obnoxious. My, "word of advice", next time, THINK BEFORE YOU HIT POST!

Young man, I have no idea what you are saying or taking about. I posted three posts in here, this is the fourth. I have not violated any rules; in fact I stated a rule that was broken by your buddy. Between you and he, you both have acted immature but using words that will get you banned from these forums. If you read the TOS when you first signed in as you were suppose to, then you wouldn't be in here taking the garbage you are.

I couldn't care less how many helmets you buy burn up or have sitting around until you may become a firefighter and can legally wear any of them. If you want one that has seen a lot of fire, I'll be glad to let you hold one of mine.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

I'm not worried because your antics will get you banned right alongside me.

Have a nice life, or not, who really cares.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

@FyredUp and @CaptOldTimer, Since you 2 are butt buddies, everyone here is sick of your S.H.I.T. Your both are mouthfuls that should have been followed. You were accidents, thats why you have to take it out on other people. Well listen here pops, you guys ain't gods. Either you play with the big dogs, or stay on the porch with pups and f.u.c.k each other till your d.i.c.k.s fall off. Oh,im sorry! YOU DONT HAVE ONE! Your a MULTI-SEX piece of crap that should rot in H.E.L.L, and go back where you come from, Im sure you guys are live-ins, because you can't afford to buy a house, let alone a used carboard box!

Forum Member

@FyredUp and @CaptOldTimer, Since you 2 are butt buddies, everyone here is sick of your S.H.I.T. Your both are mouthfuls that should have been followed. You were accidents, thats why you have to take it out on other people. Well listen here pops, you guys ain't gods. Either you play with the big dogs, or stay on the porch with pups and f.u.c.k each other till your d.i.c.k.s fall off. Oh,im sorry! YOU DONT HAVE ONE! Your a MULTI-SEX piece of crap that should rot in H.E.L.L, and go back where you come from, Im sure you guys are live-ins, because you can't afford to buy a house, let alone a used carboard box!
    Thanks for this post. I just reported you for your perverse and profane nonsense.
    CaptOldTimer likes this.
    Maybe it's not too late

Hey kenny,

I'll take all the insults you want to send my way. I have never insulted anyone's family here, or at work. Boundaries, try to get some. I find it pathetic that you think you can win this little battle of yours by bringing my family into it. I guess when you have nothing else that is what you have to resort to.
    And I find it pathetic that your only retaliation now is crying about your family. You have been called out as a d!ck, now you are backed into a corner.

So you can run circles around me huh? Who is playing the internet tough guy now? Pot meet kettle.
    I am not the one that called you an "internet tough guy". Man you can't even keep track of who's insulting you.

Just go back to bed old man you aren't impressing anyone, well other than your hero Junior. He isn't your son is he? That by the way isn't an insult, just a question. That would surely explain alot now wouldn't it?
    No one is trying to impress anyone, well you seem to be trying kinda hard. Just outing you as the d!ck you are.

Have a nice night or not, it doesn't matter to me.
    Seems to matter a lot to you since you keep coming back over and over defending yourself. Not successfully mind you. But I have given you back the same treatment you have given others and you have done nothing but side step.

Now us adults have work to do. It's time for you kiddies to get to bed. Remember to be good, Santa is watching you. Wouldn't want a lump of coal in your helmet would you?

Forum Member

@FyredUp and @CaptOldTimer, Since you 2 are butt buddies, everyone here is sick of your S.H.I.T. Your both are mouthfuls that should have been followed. You were accidents, thats why you have to take it out on other people. Well listen here pops, you guys ain't gods. Either you play with the big dogs, or stay on the porch with pups and f.u.c.keach other till your d.i.c.k.s fall off. Oh,im sorry! YOU DONT HAVE ONE! Your a MULTI-SEX piece of crap that should rot in H.E.L.L, and go back where you come from, Im sure you guys are live-ins, because you can't afford to buy a house, let alone a used carboard box!

You my friend have been reported for cursing using language which are against the rules.
    Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 11-03-2012 at 12:59 AM.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

@FyredUp, at your age, 54, are you getting to old to work a computer? Or just another year older to ridicule new members,older and younger people?

Forum Member

And I find it pathetic that your only retaliation now is crying about your family. You have been called out as a d!ck, now you are backed into a corner.

I am not the one that called you an "internet tough guy". Man you can't even keep track of who's insulting you.

No one is trying to impress anyone, well you seem to be trying kinda hard. Just outing you as the d!ck you are.

Seems to matter a lot to you since you keep coming back over and over defending yourself. Not successfully mind you. But I have given you back the same treatment you have given others and you have done nothing but side step.

Now us adults have work to do. It's time for you kiddies to get to bed. Remember to be good, Santa is watching you. Wouldn't want a lump of coal in your helmet would you?
    Whatever you say old man...is it delusional night once again at the home?

So you didn't answer, is Junior your son? No insult in that, just a simple question. Funny that you answer everything else I say but skipped right over that one.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

@FyredUp, at your age, 54, are you getting to old to work a' computer? Or just another year older to ridicule new members,older and younger people?
    Whatever Junior...you started the flame wars here with your profane little tirades...Now you keep saying that you are leaving or that was your last post but you keep coming back. Apparently you can't even follow what you yourself say.

Calm down before you pop a blood vessel.
    Maybe it's not too late

Whatever you say old man...is it delusional night once again at the home?
    Actually I am here at the station enjoying some TV and spending time with the adults laughing at you.

So you didn't answer, is Junior your son? No insult in that, just a simple question. Funny that you answer everything else I say but skipped right over that one.
    Oh I am sorry I misunderstood your comment. Thought someone with your grammar education would have been able to ask a question in an intelligent manner.

No, he is not my son. But would be proud to have him as my son. He has ambition. He is not cocky, he does not treat other like crap just for asking a question about PPE.

Guessing your father never got to feel that?

Forum Member

kenny,

Another classless, pathetic attempt to incite me by bringing yet another family member into this little tirade of yours. Sorry you aren't making me mad just making me pity your pathetic loser tactics.

Good night Gramps, I have better things to do than help you get your jollies acting all cool in front of the geriatric crowd.
    Maybe it's not too late

LETS ALL HOPE THE NEXT FIRE YOU GO IN, YOU DONT COME OUT!

Whoa! That was too far. It's one thing for him to be a d!ck and you to call him on it. But that was too far. I have sat here and supported you in this thread for being attacked for no reason. But I can not support that. D!ck or not, he is a fire fighter and a brother. You may not give him the time of day on the street, but in a fire you get his back and he gets yours.

Sorry bro, but that was not cool at all.

Forum Member

F.U.C.K. YOU YOU LITTLE C.O.C.K.S.U.C.K.I.N.G HOMO F.A.G.G.O.T. SANDUSKY LOVING, M.O.T.H.E.R.F.U.C.K.E.R WHO DONT HAVE A WIFE THAT HAS F.U.C.K.I.N.G BIPOLAR! GO SCREW YOURSELF WITH ALL OF YOUR MIGHT! LETS ALL HOPE THE NEXT FIRE YOU GO IN, YOU DONT COME OUT! YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THIS WORLD, TO THIS COUNTRY, AND TO FIRE FIGHTING! YOU DONT DESERVE TO LIVE ANOTHER SECOND, YOU DONT DESERVE TO BREATH ONE LAST TIME! IF I HAD A BOMB SHELTER, I WOULD LET BIN LADEN IN BEFORE YOU, THEN SHUT THE DOOR IN YOUR FACE! F.U.C.K YOU!

......................//)
    ....................,/../
    .................../..../
    .............//'...'/`
    ........../'/.../..../......./\
    ........('(.......... ~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.
    ............\..............(
    ..............\.............\...

HE WAS THE LITTLE C.O.C.K.S.U.C.K.E.R THAT STARTED ON ME, EVEN BEFORE MY HELMET. HE ALWAYS HATED ME!

......................//)
    ....................,/../
    .................../..../
    .............//'...'/`
    ........../'/.../..../......./\
    ........('(.......... ~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.
    ............\..............(
    ..............\.............\...

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t124625/ (I'm getting a Pager?) POST #8!
    Thanks, I reported this post too...buh bye.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

Whoa! That was too far. It's one thing for him to be a d!ck and you to call him on it. But that was too far. I have sat here and supported you in this thread for being attacked for no reason. But I can not support that. D!ck or not, he is a fire fighter and a brother. You may not give him the time of day on the street, but in a fire you get his back and he gets yours.

Sorry bro, but that was not cool at all.
    I would not trust him! He aint your brother, As soon as someone dies, "Oh he was my brother, *crying*" But in real life, you hate each other! Sorry, but that how it honestly goes!

Thread Information