Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Helmet Upgrade: Cairn 1044 Opinions

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by KennyTheFireGuy View Post
    And that has what to do with anything?
    It has to do with your accusations of the old timers attacking your buddy junior, when in fact he started it.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    It has to do with your accusations of the old timers attacking your buddy junior, when in fact he started it.
    First response to the original post. First attack:

Quote Originally Posted by rm1524 View Post
    Take the one they give you and pay more attention in English class.
    Second attack:

Quote Originally Posted by Junior22 View Post
    Don't mean I can't have nice toys, and still do the job correctly, safely,and successfully.
    No, it means you care more about looking cool when your nose should be in the books and your hands on the tools learning the job. I guess I just wasn't as cool as you I used my issued helmet until I was on the FD for over 4 years.

He is doing things a little backwards by buying this stuff now. But as long as he is also doing his studies and training properly, I see no problem with him spending his money on stuff he does not need. Who knows, He may go on and become a good firefighter. Then he can look back and say "I have had this helmet since I was 15 years old." Of course he will have to hang it up in 10 years, but hey, then he will be 25 and can buy a new cool, helmet with laser beams and whatever else they may have by then.

Surely, as soon as you stop acting like a spoiled brat little wannabe.
    I believe the appropriate response for an old timer is "I am not a spoiled brat, and don't call me Shirley"
    KennyTheFireGuy likes this.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lewiston2FF View Post
    I believe the appropriate response for an old timer is "I am not a spoiled brat, and don't call me Shirley"
    Great movie.

MembersZone Subscriber

First response to the original post. First attack:

Second attack:

He is doing things a little backwards by buying this stuff now. But as long as he is also doing his studies and training properly, I see no problem with him spending his money on stuff he does not need. Who knows, He may go on and become a good firefighter. Then he can look back and say "I have had this helmet since I was 15 years old." Of course he will have to hang it up in 10 years, but hey, then he will be 25 and can buy a new cool, helmet with laser beams and whatever else they may have by then.
    Your new little friend asked for an opinion and I gave him mine and a little advice. His original post was poorly written and he could stand to put forth more effort in his writing skills. If you feel that was an attack on the poor little guy then so be it.

As for you Kenny I could really care less who you are or what you have done with your life you are fast becoming nothing more than a troll.

Oh boy... Fancy looking helmets don't put out fires. As some have said use all that energy into learning the job. This business is turning into "Look at me central"

Now how long before the old lock get thrown on here?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rm1524 View Post
    As for you Kenny I could really care less who you are or what you have done with your life you are fast becoming nothing more than a troll.
    Typical bully response.

Typical bully response.
    And yours are typical troll. Why do you care about this topic unless A) You are in fact Junior, B) You know Junior and are one of his 15 year old buddies, c) You just like to agitate stuff for no apparent reason other than getting your jollies.
    Maybe it's not too late

KennyTheFireGuy,

If what you quoted me saying here is considered an attack in your world you wouldn't last 5 minutes at the kitchen table in my career firehouse before we had you reduced to tears.

No, it means you care more about looking cool when your nose should be in the books and your hands on the tools learning the job. I guess I just wasn't as cool as you I used my issued helmet until I was on the FD for over 4 years.
    Maybe it's not too late

Banned

And yours are typical troll. Why do you care about this topic unless A) You are in fact Junior, B) You know Junior and are one of his 15 year old buddies, c) You just like to agitate stuff for no apparent reason other than getting your jollies.
    d) I don't like to see people like you treat others like crap.

I think the real question is Why do you care about this topic? Why should you care how he wants to look? His question was not "Should I buy a new helmet?" It was "What helmet should I buy?" It is obvious that your "You should study more instead of buying a helmet" fell on def ears, as he bought a helmet anyway. And the question of "Do you know his study habits and how much he has learned?" still is left unanswered. The guy came here and asked about helmets. That is all that should have been addressed. No need to attack him or anything. How hard would that have been? Personally I agree that he wasted his money. But that's his choice. We knew he was going to buy one. Wouldn't it be better to give him a good recommendation rather then him getting a bad helmet?

You keep on him (and others) about how much they need to study, study, study, and to not worry about other things. Remember "Intelligence without ambition is like a bird without wings."

KennyTheFireGuy,

If what you quoted me saying here is considered an attack in your world you wouldn't last 5 minutes at the kitchen table in my career firehouse before we had you reduced to tears.
    Then your firehouse needs a lesson on manners and on how to not be rude d!cks. What I quoted you saying is considered an attack in the real world. It's a shame that it is not in your world.
    Last edited by KennyTheFireGuy; 11-02-2012 at 12:32 AM.

d) I don't like to see people like you treat others like crap.

And I don't like guys like you that have no stake in this dragging it out for DAYS after the original poster is gone. At this point all you are is some troll looking for your 15 minutes of fame.

I think the real question is Why do you care about this topic? Why should you care how he wants to look? His question was not "Should I buy a new helmet?" It was "What helmet should I buy?" It is obvious that your "You should study more instead of buying a helmet" fell on def ears, as he bought a helmet anyway. And the question of "Do you know his study habits and how much he has learned?" still is left unanswered. The guy came here and asked about helmets. That is all that should have been addressed. No need to attack him or anything. How hard would that have been? Personally I agree that he wasted his money. But that's his choice. We knew he was going to buy one. Wouldn't it be better to give him a good recommendation rather then him getting a bad helmet?

I said a long time ago in a post far far away near the beginning of this that I pity those that prefer style over substance. Whether you choose to believe it, or choose to continue ranting and raving over something that didn't even involve you, is of little consequence. Frankly, I chuckle at your dogged resolve to keep this going. What's your point? The original poster is gone...well, unless you are him.

You keep on him (and others) about how much they need to study, study, study, and to not worry about other things. Remember "Intelligence without ambition is like a bird without wings."

And keeping an argument going just to remain in the limelight, like you are doing is childish and ridiculous. All you are is noise in a topic that has become nothing more than a humorous aside.

Then your firehouse needs a lesson on manners and on how to not be rude d!cks. What I quoted you saying is considered an attack in the real world. It's a shame that it is not in your world.

Nope, we are all grown ups and know how to take criticism AND a joke. Apparently the only joke you get is you. Lighten up Francis, the only one whiney like a schoolgirl here is you, go away if you can't take the heat.
    Have a nce day, or don't, frankly I don't give a dam n either way.
    Maybe it's not too late

Banned

And I don't like guys like you that have no stake in this dragging it out for DAYS after the original poster is gone. At this point all you are is some troll looking for your 15 minutes of fame.
    Whether you choose to believe it, or choose to continue ranting and raving over something that didn't even involve you, is of little consequence.
    You are the one that brought me into this. Can't take the heat? Get out of the kitchen.

Nope, we are all grown ups and know how to take criticism AND a joke.
    Ok kid. Maybe in another 10 years when you reach my age you will learn some respect and manners. Some would think 54 years would have taught you that. Guess you're a slow learner.
    Last edited by KennyTheFireGuy; 11-02-2012 at 04:14 AM.

KennyTheFireGuy,

Oh for Christ's sake, did you receive another batch of internet tough guy pills again? So you work with a bunch of guys that nobody else wants to work with as a group, and that somehow makes you cool? You're referring to the famous (to you) "snake pit"? Yeah, most guys would not want to have the reputation of making an OT or shift trade guy feel unwelcome in their house. You seem to wear it around like a badge of honor.

And please stop labeling every new person with an opinion here a "troll", it's not fair to those of us that are trying to actually troll this site.
    KennyTheFireGuy likes this.
    IAFF

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    Oh for Christ's sake, did you receive another batch of internet tough guy pills again? So you work with a bunch of guys that nobody else wants to work with as a group, and that somehow makes you cool? You're referring to the famous (to you) "snake pit"? Yeah, most guys would not want to have the reputation of making an OT or shift trade guy feel unwelcome in their house. You seem to wear it around like a badge of honor.

And please stop labeling every new person with an opinion here a "troll", it's not fair to those of us that are trying to actually troll this site.

I don't need internet tough guy pills thank you very much! It comes entirely naturally for me.

Actually most people like working with the snake pit crew because we are a no nonsense go in and get it crew. Our Captain is nationally known for RIT and Save Yoursef training. I wont apologize for the fact that we don't sit around drinking tea, eating biscuits, and discussing the latest fashions. we give each other the business and that extends to OT, trade, and detailed firefighters. Some take it well, and some can't take the slightest teasing without getting all bent out of shape. Guess who fits in and who doesn't want to come back? We don't beieve we are supermen, and surely don't believe we are better than anyone else, all we care about is being better then we were so that we can be safe and do a great job for our citizens. Frankly, isn't that what every firefighter should want?

I am sure you will find twisted pleasure in the fact we have a new Chief and a new number 2 Chief and they have decided that a major shake up of all the crews is needed. So as a result the Snake Pit has been broken up and we are being disseminated amongst the entire department to spread our special type of Brotherhood. 4 years virtually untouched, it is sad that it couldn't have lasted until I retire next year. I guess all good things must come to an end...

I didn't label him a troll for his opinion, I labeled him a troll because he is keeping this fawking topic alive days after the original poster went back to his chocolate chip cookies, warm milk, and Call to Duty Game.

Try to relax...this is only the internet!!
    Maybe it's not too late

You are the one that brought me into this. Can't take the heat? Get out of the kitchen.

Now that is some funny schit right there...you are the one crying, not me. Drop it and it all goes away.

Ok kid. Maybe in another 10 years when you reach my age you will learn some respect and manners. Some would think 54 years would have taught you that. Guess you're a slow learner.

Gramps, isn't your rocker glider calling your name? Look I will tell you the same thing I have told other people, Respect is earned, not auomatically given because you somehow survived this long. You jumped into this with your attack claws out and then cried when myself and others fired back. If YOU can't stand the heat turn off your computer and get back to the checkerboard.
    Have a nice day, I heard it is Tapioca day at the home.
    Maybe it's not too late

Actually Fyred, I totally feel you on the new chief. We just acquired a new chief in our city as well. Needless to say, things are being shaken up here too. The admin is receiving the brunt of it which is a refreshing change from past practices.

As for this thread, I was doing well just watching from the sidelines, till this morning. I was waiting for my relief to show up, enjoying a little FH while dropping a fragrant deuce in the can. It must have been a habanero seed that lit me up, or the bathroom fan that sounds like PD's helicopter circling the station, but I had to act. I think Kenny will be a great poster here once everyone calms down IMHO. And I've never believed that ones join date or amount of posts serves as any credibility here.
    IAFF

Actually Fyred, I totally feel you on the new chief. We just acquired a new chief in our city as well. Needless to say, things are being shaken up here too. The admin is receiving the brunt of it which is a refreshing change from past practices.

I am a short timer so for me it is just adapting to it. I have told people I will simply become an MRD (Mindless Robotic Drone) and ride out the wave. Not all change is bad, but not all that came before was bad either. The balancing act of that and being credible to the troops at the same time can be a real challenge at times.

As for this thread, I was doing well just watching from the sidelines, till this morning. I was waiting for my relief to show up, enjoying a little FH while dropping a fragrant deuce in the can. It must have been a habanero seed that lit me up, or the bathroom fan that sounds like PD's helicopter circling the station, but I had to act. I think Kenny will be a great poster here once everyone calms down IMHO. And I've never believed that ones join date or amount of posts serves as any credibility here.

Look, time in at FH.com is really not all that relevant in most cases, but time on the job is. I just see so many young guys come on here and the 2 most important things to them seem to be: 1) What kind of traditional helmet should I buy, 2) How many dozens, if not hundreds of lights, and should they be halogen or LED, should they put on their POV. I just shake my head at that and think back to when I got on my first FD and the most important thing to me was learning what to do, not how cool I looked or if my POV looked like a circus wagon going down the road. No one gives a darn how cool you look if you can't pull a preconnect, or start the saw, or don an SCBA fast enough to be of use. We have had the option at work for over 5 years to buy our own traditional helmet if we wished, there was a list of the approved ones. I just never got one until they began issuing them earlier this year. Not because I don't like the look of the traditional but because I had other things that I would rather spend my money on. Frankly, there wasn't anything wrong with my Cairns 660C. Well, other than it was merely tactical tuperware and wasn't uber cool.
    Maybe this will all go away now...We can only hope.
    Maybe it's not too late

Banned

I didn't label him a troll for his opinion, I labeled him a troll because he is keeping this fawking topic alive days after the original poster went back to his chocolate chip cookies, warm milk, and Call to Duty Game.

I think it is funny as hell how ANYONE that is new is automatically "living in their moms basement eating cookies and playing games all day. You have something wrong. I hope you don't have kids. God how awful it would be to never live up to your standards. How about the guys in your unit? Do any of them ever get to fight fires? Or do you jump off the truck with your cape and red boots and blow hard and put it out on 10 seconds?

Try to relax...this is only the internet!!
    Take your own advice. It's the internet, Where people come to learn, talk and ask questions. Not everyone is "that probie that drives fast and runs people off the road." As I said before. I agree with you and other on Junior wasting his money, but how about helping him in a positive manner instead of reaming him out.

Look I will tell you the same thing I have told other people, Respect is earned, not auomatically given
    Which is why I give you no respect. You have not earned it.

I didn't jump into anything, YOU brought me into this. No one here is crying but you after you were called out for being a d!ck.

It's funny how you go around this site and talk about how anyone younger then you sucks and needs to spend more time in the books. Now someone older (and wiser) then you comes along and reveals how much of a d!ck you are, now you call me Gramps. Sonny, I have more experience in my left nut then you will ever have in your entire life time.

You need to learn some respect for other people. When I was growing up, if anyone acted the way you act, they would have had their @$$ kicked. So either 1) you are not this much of a d!ck in person, which makes you an e-thug. or 2) your fellow department members are just puss!es and won't stand up to you. No matter which it is, you don't deserve any respect and will not get any from me.

No go back to your day care center and pretend to play fire fighter.
    Last edited by KennyTheFireGuy; 11-02-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Fruit Of The Loom online can custom make underwear for that left nut.
    IAFF

Banned

Fruit Of The Loom online can custom make underwear for that left nut.
    Really? Thanks. It gets tight. LOL

Thread Information