Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Helmet Upgrade: Cairn 1044 Opinions

  1. #101

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Junior22 View Post
    I would not trust him! He aint your brother, As soon as someone dies, "Oh he was my brother, *crying*" But in real life, you hate each other! Sorry, but that how it honestly goes!
    It's story time.

    There are guys on our department that hate each other. Would not give a a cup of water if you were thirsty. But on a fire scene, all that is left behind. You are brothers. Have a guy that I clash with on many things. We do not talk in the house, we do not even acknowledge each other is alive if we pass. But the day he fell through a set of stairs, I didn't leave his side until RIT arrived.

    That's how it honestly goes.

    Just take that with a grain of salt, a slice of lime, and a shot of Tequilia.

  2. #102
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KennyTheFireGuy View Post
    It's story time.

    There are guys on our department that hate each other. Would not give a a cup of water if you were thirsty. But on a fire scene, all that is left behind. You are brothers. Have a guy that I clash with on many things. We do not talk in the house, we do not even acknowledge each other is alive if we pass. But the day he fell through a set of stairs, I didn't leave his side until RIT arrived.

    That's how it honestly goes.

    Just take that with a grain of salt, a slice of lime, and a shot of Tequilia.
    Thats your area, before ANY FF goes into a building, RIT MUST be called before they enter the structure. That is one messed up area your in. But what a.s.s.h.o.l.e. did is different. I have some guys that are "rude" to me, but I trust them. But they did not do anything like him.

  3. #103

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Junior22 View Post
    Thats your area, before ANY FF goes into a building, RIT MUST be called before they enter the structure. That is one messed up area your in. But what a.s.s.h.o.l.e. did is different. I have some guys that are "rude" to me, but I trust them. But they did not do anything like him.


    RIT is ALWAYS on scene ready for action before entry is made. I didn't say they were not on scene. But I am not going to leave a man down while he waits for RIT to get to his location.

    Here's my exit. I must leave this conversation now. Sorry.


  4. #104
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Name:  ThreadClose.gif
Views: 155
Size:  3.5 KB

    Here is my exit also

  5. #105

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KennyTheFireGuy View Post
    No, he is not my son. But would be proud to have him as my son. He has ambition. He is not cocky, he does not treat other like crap just for asking a question about PPE.
    Before this thread is locked. I would like to retract this statement. I tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, I was wrong. He is cocky and apparently does treat others like crap.

    Carry on.

  6. #106
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KennyTheFireGuy View Post
    Before this thread is locked. I would like to retract this statement. I tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, I was wrong. He is cocky and apparently does treat others like crap.

    Carry on.
    Kenny -

    You just went up a notch in my book. While we may come across as mean and rude. The 'older' crowd has seen this type of thread repeated many, many times in the past. As I said earlier some people get upset when they don't get the answer they want and end up acting like Jr has. It gets old.

  7. #107
    Forum Member
    snowball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Just North of South Central
    Posts
    2,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Junior22 View Post
    I would not trust him! He aint your brother, As soon as someone dies, "Oh he was my brother, *crying*" But in real life, you hate each other! Sorry, but that how it honestly goes!
    You don't have a clue my man. If Fyredup or Kenny were in trouble, I guarantee you that you would have black bootprints on the back of your turnouts from all the guys trying to help them. My bootprints included. Obviously you have never attended a FF funeral. I have, in the worst kind of way. I buried my brother, not the brotherhood kind of brother, but my parents child kind of brother who was on the job with me. I witnessed firsthand how far the brotherhood extends. I saw tears from complete strangers that traveled from departments hundreds of miles away.
    So when you say that the crying is fake, I can assure you that it is all too real. I know you're young, but this kind of display goes against everything firefighters all over the globe stand for.
    Please delete your vapid comments.
    IAFF

  8. #108
    Forum Member
    GTRider245's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Augusta,GA
    Posts
    3,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    I am impressed --- thats is some fancy typing -- espicially using one hand.
    Judging by that hand shaped thing he posted giving the middle finger we are dealing with Peter Griffin. Or Bart Simpson, I couldn't tell.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

    -Professional in Either Role-

    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

  9. #109
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Junior22 View Post
    I would not trust him! He aint your brother, As soon as someone dies, "Oh he was my brother, *crying*" But in real life, you hate each other! Sorry, but that how it honestly goes!
    You may not trust me but even if I hated your guts, which I don't I actually pity you, I would still come in that burning building and do my best to try to save you. That my misguided Junior is the difference between a REAL firefighter and a pretender.
    KennyTheFireGuy likes this.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  10. #110

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Thinking this thread has run it's course. On to better and funnier things.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Will a helmet front / shield from a 1044 fit a N6A?
    By Lono in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2009, 11:25 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 09:41 AM
  3. Msa Cairns 1044 Defender Helmet
    By ems18909 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 12:05 AM
  4. Anyone using the new Cairns 1044
    By benson11 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-30-2006, 01:00 PM
  5. Cairns 1044 Reviews???
    By backsteprescue123 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2005, 12:09 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register