Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Just placed in charge of the grant writing for our department.

I was just put over the non existing grant writing program for our department. I have a limited budget for training, so I am in need for some direction on which grant writing workshops will be the best for an entry level guy. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Forum Member

There are several professional grant writers that participate in this forum that specialize in public safety grants. Not just writing them for the fire departments, but teaching them how to pursue grants on their own.

Here are the two that I have experience with. Both conduct workshops throughout the U.S. I have attended workshops conducted by them both. I have had nothing but good experiences with both.

"BC79er" - Brian Vickers - Vickers Consulting Services
    "KTB9780" - Kurt Bradley - First Responder Grants

You will find that they consistently provide input and advice, free on this forum.

In fact, I'll bet Brian and Kurt will read this prior to most folks....right?

Wolf

Capt, Wolf8552 gave you good advise.When i first started writing i went to both of these classes and learned alot. If you are looking for a place to start, these two gentlemen will help you.
    Jeff

MembersZone Subscriber

Both are a wealth of knowledge. You will learn alot by attending one of their seminars.

Forum Member

First agreement with the above, attend their seminars if you can. And.............

I am so sorry, you are in for anxiety, sore clicking finger, brain freeze, sleepless nights and confusion.

Of yeah and if you get one you will be the hero of the department, if you don't ......well.......just don't tell anyone that you applied for it. :-)

Good luck with your endeavor.

Forum Member

I have taken Kurts class and it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Steelman View Post
    I was just put over the non existing grant writing program for our department. I have a limited budget for training, so I am in need for some direction on which grant writing workshops will be the best for an entry level guy. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Capt I have a number of classes located throughout the US right now. You can find information about them here: http://www.firstrespondergrants.com/...ses/class_list

I will be glad to speak with you if you would like to call me at 863-551-9598 (no charge)and I can tell you how to get yourself started in this endeavor. My regular email is kbradley@firstrespondergrants. com .

Finally I would like to thank all of you who commented. It has been my pleasure serving everyone in here for a number of years now!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Steelman View Post
    A grant writing workshop is the best way to get started. I have been very successful in grant writing since attending my first workshop with Kurt Bradley. He has tremendous knowledge on the process and is very well connected. I refer to him and my grant writing mentor when people talk grants with me.

You may even want to talk with him about hosting one of his workshops. I did and it was very rewarding in every aspect. Lots of work, but worth it in the end.

Also, find out who your AFG rep is with FEMA. He or she can be very helpful as well.

Thread Information