Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Union Thuggery in NJ

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    The fact is the folks that I was having the conversation with were in a position to know as both of their departments are in the process of being being forced into civil service status, and had done a tremendous amount of research on civil service. So yes, I took their information as the truth, and lookeeeee lookeeeeee it turned out that it was in fact the case.
    Their information that New Orleans was not participating in the State Civil Service System may be true, but that doesn't change the fact that you made a statement that was not representative of their findings.

As I already pointed out, your statement was that New Orleans was NOT Civil Service. You didn't qualify the statement in terms of State vs City Civil Service. Therefore, you incorrectly used their information in your statement and your statement was not correct.

Forum Member

Personal choices.

Funny thing is given the same scenario today, even after all the crap, I still would make the same choice.

So keep bringing it up. I have no issues with it.
    Which just proves two things:
    1. You always have been, and always will be a gutless, spineless yellow pu$$y coward
    2. You never have been, and never will be a firefighter.
    DeputyChiefGonzo and RyanK63 like this.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

New Orleans lost significant population post-Katrina. baton Rouge, and to a lesser extent, as well as Houston gained much of that population, so yes, there was a question as to why NO was not forced into the state system when it's population dropped below the maximum post-Katrina.
    Not relevant to the discussion.

Again, did I follow it with a great deal of interest? No, as it has zero affect on my life, and have I have no interest in labor relations, especially when they are 6 hours south of me, but I heard the matter discussed when i was with those that had more interest in the subject. Yup, I was wrong they are civil service, but possibly not under the same rules to which we will, once we fully adopt civil service, along with every other civil service department in the state is subject to.
    Again, not really relevant as the discussion was never about whether or not they were in the same system as everybody else, but only whether they were in fact civil service.

We are dealing with the state civil service system in my current situation, and that is the only system in which I have any interest, and frankly, the only system pertinent to the discussion regarding the need for a union in my department.
    And has no relevance to the discussion about New Orleans' being civil service.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireMedic049 View Post
    Not relevant to the discussion.

Again, not really relevant as the discussion was never about whether or not they were in the same system as everybody else, but only whether they were in fact civil service.

And has no relevance to the discussion about New Orleans' being civil service.
    I have already admitted that I was incorrect.

However, the fact that they are not part of the state system does have relevance when we are discussing the state system's and the union's impact on wages and benefits in every other department in the state that is mandated to be civil service.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Which just proves two things:
    1. You always have been, and always will be a gutless, spineless yellow pu$$y coward
    2. You never have been, and never will be a firefighter.
    1. Yup

2. Nope

But hey, think what you wish. It won't affect any decision that I make the rest of my career.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

1. Yup

2. Nope

But hey, think what you wish. It won't affect any decision that I make the rest of my career.
    As I have said previously, many times in fact, I couldn't begin to care less what you do in Bossier Parrish, but when you try to spread your poison to the rest of the fire service I will battle you tooth and nail.

I further believe my past assessment of you being a narcisist is right on target. Being the center of attention means everything to you, even if the attention is negative. That can be the only explanation for coming back here day after day and finding less than a half a dozen allies for your BS since you got here.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

I have already admitted that I was incorrect.
    True, but you have since also argued that you were correct.

However, the fact that they are not part of the state system does have relevance when we are discussing the state system's and the union's impact on wages and benefits in every other department in the state that is mandated to be civil service.
    Maybe so, but that wasn't really the discussion regarding New Orleans. New Orleans was brought up by another poster in regards to union vs non-union wages in comparison to other departments in your state. There was no connection to the Civil Service System until you stated that New Orleans was not Civil Service, which really had no bearing on the union vs non-union wage discussion. Participation in the state Civil Service System may require certain things regarding compensation, like the 2% annual raise you stated, but a Local can negotiate a larger raise and a non-union department could provide a larger raise and the ability to do so has absolutely no connection to the Civil Service System. So the state Civil Service System really had no relevance to what was being discussed regarding compensation. It was only relevant to the discussion showing that you were wrong about New Orleans not being Civil Service.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    As I have said previously, many times in fact, I couldn't begin to care less what you do in Bossier Parrish, but when you try to spread your poison to the rest of the fire service I will battle you tooth and nail.
    To steal Gonzo's thunder: BING-FREAKING-O !!!!!!!!!!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

We know you're a pile of crap and we're aware that you have no intention of changing.

We give your statements on anything all the credibility they deserve.

I'm convinced that you are not a firefighter, nor were you ever.
    Last edited by scfire86; 12-04-2012 at 02:33 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Thread Information