Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Charlotte, NC 2012/2013 Hiring Process

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingTut99 View Post
    That time line sounds about right for when the second recruit class usually begins.
    Perhaps, but if they are doing interviews through July (unless they mean both sets of interviews and the polygraph) then an early July start would be unlikely

Forum Member

bump. any calls yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bgranja View Post
    bump. any calls yet?

Another round of phone calls went out yesterday. I know a handful of guys who were called to go in next week for their background interviews.
    Good luck everyone. Looks like the calls are still ongoing.
    Last edited by KingTut99; 06-06-2013 at 12:49 AM.

Forum Member

Anyone know if all calls have went out?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by abrowntown702 View Post
    Anyone know if all calls have went out?
    They are still screening applications and calling people as of today. They go through the end of the month.

Forum Member

Anybody have any news?

Forum Member

Haven't seen anything posted to this thread in awhile. I know there has been a lot of activity going on in the past weeks with background interviews and polygraphs. Just wondering if anybody has any updates on what's going on?

Forum Member

The website says that background interviews will run through the end of June

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwilly48 View Post
    Haven't seen anything posted to this thread in awhile. I know there has been a lot of activity going on in the past weeks with background interviews and polygraphs. Just wondering if anybody has any updates on what's going on?
    As far as I know they are still running backgrounds and poly's for at least another week. I had a background last week but haven't heard anything else so I am figuring I must have blown my interview since most other guys I know who had theirs and were called back were contact between 1 and 4 days to return for a poly. I guess I will be back in January to take the written and start the process all over again.

Forum Member

I had my background interview two weeks ago. I have not been contacted yet to return for a poly however I'm staying optimistic that I will get the call. If not I'll see you guys again at the next written test.

Forum Member

I have a buddy who received a call for a chief's interview next month. Anybody else have the same luck?

Forum Member

I received my "Better Luck Next Year" e-mail today.

Forum Member

Tough news, sorry to hear it. I've been in the process a few times in the past, and don't remember them sending out bad news emails like that. Best of luck to you in the future process. Did you make it to a background interview?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingTut99 View Post
    I received my "Better Luck Next Year" e-mail today.
    You're not alone brother. I got mine too.

Forum Member

Yes, I got to the background but never heard back for a poly. I pretty much knew after a week of no return call that I was done. I have been through the process numerous times myself and knew if I didn't get a call back within a 5 day window that I was out. First time ever getting the tough luck letter though. Did you make it to a chiefs interview as I believe you said you got a background too?
    Last edited by KingTut99; 06-27-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Forum Member

Yes sir, I was lucky enough to receive an appointment for a chief's interview for mid july. I'm not getting my hopes up quite yet. I have seen very good guys get chiefs interviews and get turned down. I'm very excited for the opportunity though. I'm still curious as to how many people are left in the process and how many recruit classes they are planning to have?

Forum Member

Yes sir, I was lucky enough to receive an appointment for a chief's interview for mid july. I'm not getting my hopes up quite yet. I have seen very good guys get chiefs interviews and get turned down. I'm very excited for the opportunity though. I'm still curious as to how many people are left in the process and how many recruit classes they are planning to have?
    Word is two classes with 15-20 recruits per. They are looking to hire almost 40.

Forum Member

Talked to a couple guys last night who have a pretty good idea of what's going on and it sounds like there are about 160 people set up for interviews so I would say guys have about a 1 in 4 chance of getting a conditional offer. Not bad odds.

Forum Member

1 in 4 chance is not bad at all. 160 people still sounds like a lot to me though, I figured they would be down to about 80 to 90. Anybody else on here have a chiefs interview scheduled? I have heard that the chiefs interview only last about 10 minutes, and they only ask a couple questions.

Forum Member

I'm not sure how many people still view this thread, but for those still interested. I've heard for sure there will be two classes, one in mid September and another in mid October.

Forum Member

I'm not sure how many people still view this thread, but for those still interested. I've heard for sure there will be two classes, one in mid September and another in mid October.
    That's good to know man. I have my interview on the 18th. Good luck to everyone still in the process

Forum Member

Good luck to you man, I've got mine the 16th. Have you made it this far in the process before?

Forum Member

Good luck to you man, I've got mine the 16th. Have you made it this far in the process before?
    Dude this is actually my first time up. I have been in the military for the last 8 1/2 years so I think that is helping me out. This whole process is new to me. What about u?

Forum Member

4th time in the process, 1st time making it to the chiefs interview though. Good luck to you again, maybe I'll see you in a class in the near future.

Forum Member

4th time in the process, 1st time making it to the chiefs interview though. Good luck to you again, maybe I'll see you in a class in the near future.
    I hope we both make it through too man. Good luck! Post on here how u think it went after your interview if ya think about it.

Thread Information