Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Charlotte, NC 2012/2013 Hiring Process

Forum Member

I had my interview tuesday and feel like it went really well. They said they would be in touch in the next couple of weeks. How did your interview go?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwilly48 View Post
    I had my interview tuesday and feel like it went really well. They said they would be in touch in the next couple of weeks. How did your interview go?
    I think mine went well too. It was a pretty short interview but I think that was bc they were running behind due to a promotion ceremony that was going on. They went ahead and sent me to do my physical tho since I live out of town too. I interpret that as, I'm still in the running for it because if I wasn't they wouldn't waste the money to send me to get a physical. At least that's how I look at it. I hope we hear something soon man.

Forum Member

That's awesome man. I thought I did good but they didn't ask me to do a physical, I feel kind of left out about that. I didn't even realize they were doing that. I do live in Charlotte so hopefully it was just for out of town guys. My interview was very short too, had to be less than 15 minutes.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwilly48 View Post
    That's awesome man. I thought I did good but they didn't ask me to do a physical, I feel kind of left out about that. I didn't even realize they were doing that. I do live in Charlotte so hopefully it was just for out of town guys. My interview was very short too, had to be less than 15 minutes.
    It was definitely for out of town guys so don't sweat it man. They specifically told me that since I didnt live in NC they were gonna go ahead and send me for my physical. I just think that if the interview didnt go well or if they weren't at least considering me still then they wouldn't have wasted their money on the physical. It has to be expensive bc they did X-rays of my lungs, EKG, pulmonary test, took blood, drug screening, hearing, vision test and got a look over by a doc. I guess we will see here before too long tho

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by travo1010 View Post
    It was definitely for out of town guys so don't sweat it man. They specifically told me that since I didnt live in NC they were gonna go ahead and send me for my physical. I just think that if the interview didnt go well or if they weren't at least considering me still then they wouldn't have wasted their money on the physical. It has to be expensive bc they did X-rays of my lungs, EKG, pulmonary test, took blood, drug screening, hearing, vision test and got a look over by a doc. I guess we will see here before too long tho
    Yeah you sound like you're sitting real good man. That sounds like quite the physical, a whole bunch of tests. Where did you take the physical? At the end of my interview they said they would be in touch in a couple weeks, so its on to the next waiting game I guess. Also, The one thing that caught me off guard in the interview was filling out the reference sheet when I walked in the door. I was definitely not prepared for that, Luckily I had my phone and was able to jot down a few people.

Forum Member

I received a conditional offer last week, and got fitted for gear yesterday. I was hoping someone else would chime in on here before I did again. Anyone else on here get hired? I'm interested in renting an apartment near the training academy with a couple other guys. Write on here or message me if you have any interest in that.

Forum Member

Congrats and good luck!

Forum Member

Congrats dwilly!

Forum Member

Hey dwilly,

im testing this year for Charlotte and see that you had a conditional offer. If you get this in time id really appreciate it if i could ask a few questions about how their testing and hiring process goes from some one who just recently went through it. Thank you and congrats!

Forum Member

Who's in it for Saturday? - I'll be testing for the first time with CFD.

I attempted with Concord this past year and didn't pass the written; I think the HR portion really screwed me up. I also tested with Huntersville and the offer was given, but I just didn't have time for volunteer with my current FT job.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IrishCannon View Post
    Who's in it for Saturday? - I'll be testing for the first time with CFD.

I attempted with Concord this past year and didn't pass the written; I think the HR portion really screwed me up. I also tested with Huntersville and the offer was given, but I just didn't have time for volunteer with my current FT job.
    Looking forward to Saturday. Driving from Miami to take the test. There is a new forum for 2014. It is under "Charlotte 2014 process". Just thought it would be helpful to you if you want to hear from other recruits talking about this new process. Good luck IrishCannon

Thread Information