Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 86
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Charlotte, NC 2012/2013 Hiring Process

  1. #61
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    I have a buddy who received a call for a chief's interview next month. Anybody else have the same luck?


  2. #62
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    33

    Default

    I received my "Better Luck Next Year" e-mail today.

  3. #63
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Tough news, sorry to hear it. I've been in the process a few times in the past, and don't remember them sending out bad news emails like that. Best of luck to you in the future process. Did you make it to a background interview?

  4. #64
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingTut99 View Post
    I received my "Better Luck Next Year" e-mail today.
    You're not alone brother. I got mine too.

  5. #65
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Yes, I got to the background but never heard back for a poly. I pretty much knew after a week of no return call that I was done. I have been through the process numerous times myself and knew if I didn't get a call back within a 5 day window that I was out. First time ever getting the tough luck letter though. Did you make it to a chiefs interview as I believe you said you got a background too?
    Last edited by KingTut99; 06-27-2013 at 02:31 PM.

  6. #66
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Yes sir, I was lucky enough to receive an appointment for a chief's interview for mid july. I'm not getting my hopes up quite yet. I have seen very good guys get chiefs interviews and get turned down. I'm very excited for the opportunity though. I'm still curious as to how many people are left in the process and how many recruit classes they are planning to have?

  7. #67
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwilly48 View Post
    Yes sir, I was lucky enough to receive an appointment for a chief's interview for mid july. I'm not getting my hopes up quite yet. I have seen very good guys get chiefs interviews and get turned down. I'm very excited for the opportunity though. I'm still curious as to how many people are left in the process and how many recruit classes they are planning to have?
    Word is two classes with 15-20 recruits per. They are looking to hire almost 40.

  8. #68
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Talked to a couple guys last night who have a pretty good idea of what's going on and it sounds like there are about 160 people set up for interviews so I would say guys have about a 1 in 4 chance of getting a conditional offer. Not bad odds.

  9. #69
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    1 in 4 chance is not bad at all. 160 people still sounds like a lot to me though, I figured they would be down to about 80 to 90. Anybody else on here have a chiefs interview scheduled? I have heard that the chiefs interview only last about 10 minutes, and they only ask a couple questions.

  10. #70
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    I'm not sure how many people still view this thread, but for those still interested. I've heard for sure there will be two classes, one in mid September and another in mid October.

  11. #71
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwilly48 View Post
    I'm not sure how many people still view this thread, but for those still interested. I've heard for sure there will be two classes, one in mid September and another in mid October.
    That's good to know man. I have my interview on the 18th. Good luck to everyone still in the process

  12. #72
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Good luck to you man, I've got mine the 16th. Have you made it this far in the process before?

  13. #73
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwilly48 View Post
    Good luck to you man, I've got mine the 16th. Have you made it this far in the process before?
    Dude this is actually my first time up. I have been in the military for the last 8 1/2 years so I think that is helping me out. This whole process is new to me. What about u?

  14. #74
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    4th time in the process, 1st time making it to the chiefs interview though. Good luck to you again, maybe I'll see you in a class in the near future.

  15. #75
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwilly48 View Post
    4th time in the process, 1st time making it to the chiefs interview though. Good luck to you again, maybe I'll see you in a class in the near future.
    I hope we both make it through too man. Good luck! Post on here how u think it went after your interview if ya think about it.

  16. #76
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    I had my interview tuesday and feel like it went really well. They said they would be in touch in the next couple of weeks. How did your interview go?

  17. #77
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwilly48 View Post
    I had my interview tuesday and feel like it went really well. They said they would be in touch in the next couple of weeks. How did your interview go?
    I think mine went well too. It was a pretty short interview but I think that was bc they were running behind due to a promotion ceremony that was going on. They went ahead and sent me to do my physical tho since I live out of town too. I interpret that as, I'm still in the running for it because if I wasn't they wouldn't waste the money to send me to get a physical. At least that's how I look at it. I hope we hear something soon man.

  18. #78
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    That's awesome man. I thought I did good but they didn't ask me to do a physical, I feel kind of left out about that. I didn't even realize they were doing that. I do live in Charlotte so hopefully it was just for out of town guys. My interview was very short too, had to be less than 15 minutes.

  19. #79
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwilly48 View Post
    That's awesome man. I thought I did good but they didn't ask me to do a physical, I feel kind of left out about that. I didn't even realize they were doing that. I do live in Charlotte so hopefully it was just for out of town guys. My interview was very short too, had to be less than 15 minutes.
    It was definitely for out of town guys so don't sweat it man. They specifically told me that since I didnt live in NC they were gonna go ahead and send me for my physical. I just think that if the interview didnt go well or if they weren't at least considering me still then they wouldn't have wasted their money on the physical. It has to be expensive bc they did X-rays of my lungs, EKG, pulmonary test, took blood, drug screening, hearing, vision test and got a look over by a doc. I guess we will see here before too long tho

  20. #80
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by travo1010 View Post
    It was definitely for out of town guys so don't sweat it man. They specifically told me that since I didnt live in NC they were gonna go ahead and send me for my physical. I just think that if the interview didnt go well or if they weren't at least considering me still then they wouldn't have wasted their money on the physical. It has to be expensive bc they did X-rays of my lungs, EKG, pulmonary test, took blood, drug screening, hearing, vision test and got a look over by a doc. I guess we will see here before too long tho
    Yeah you sound like you're sitting real good man. That sounds like quite the physical, a whole bunch of tests. Where did you take the physical? At the end of my interview they said they would be in touch in a couple weeks, so its on to the next waiting game I guess. Also, The one thing that caught me off guard in the interview was filling out the reference sheet when I walked in the door. I was definitely not prepared for that, Luckily I had my phone and was able to jot down a few people.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Indianapolis Fire Department Hiring Process 2012
    By IFDFFENG20 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 436
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 11:17 PM
  2. Montgomery County, Maryland 2012 hiring process for January 2013 class / info
    By wantachangeinpay in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 04-04-2014, 08:09 PM
  3. City of Raleigh Hiring, September 2012 Process
    By RFDGloWorm in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 04:13 PM
  4. Chesterfield County, VA 2011 - 2012 hiring process
    By jaylalley in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 01:36 PM
  5. Charlotte County Hiring Process
    By BigPapaGato in forum Florida
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts