Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: anne arundel county

Forum Member

does anybody know of any department in maryland looking to put out a test in 2013

Forum Member

prince george, montgomery, and maybe baltimore city will be testing this year...

Forum Member

Hopefully also DC...Also, anyone have idea what the AACO fiscal year budget has in the works for firefighters? I was trying to look it up, they haven't hired in 4 yrs, so I was hoping there is a chance that they have another hiring process planned for the year...

Forum Member

Hello fellow candidates,

Just curious if any of you have received e-mails yet confirming an interview date. If so, when did you receive it?

Thanks
    -Justin

Forum Member

I haven't heard anything yet. I think we should hear something this week.

Forum Member

Check your emails boys and girls.

Forum Member

Yeah i got mine too and scheduled my interview.

Forum Member

Got it, good luck on your interviews!

Forum Member

I received an email saying that I passed the written but I am being placed on the waiting list for when they interview again next year. Good luck for all of you moving on now!

Forum Member

Has anybody heard back about their interviews yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alaganga View Post
    Has anybody heard back about their interviews yet?
    Negatory. Although now I am at least glad that I wasn't the only one.

I am rationalizing that maybe they are getting proctors trained for the CPAT administration???? I do have a mini-heart attack every time my email alert rings though. So that's fun. Good luck to you Al.

Forum Member

Good to hear im not the only one! Yea i freak out every time i get an email too haha! Good luck to you as well!

Forum Member

Looks like notification emails are going out.
    Photocrimes likes this.

Yep, came via email this morning. See you all at the cpat. Good luck everyone.

Forum Member

Congratulations to those who got positive notifications today. You won't see this guy at the CPAT. I am curious as to how many are going to that stage. I wonder how they can be assured that enough will pass the CPAT and the Background Check in order to have their desired number for the first class.

I was curious as to if any successful guys would share their oral score, just to know if I should get my hopes up for 2014. I received a 78. I thought the interview went well and I had what they were looking for. I am not even sure how that score compares.

I will continue to work hard to control what I can and let the universe sort the rest out. Best of luck to you guys.

Forum Member

It says I received a 96 for an oral score.

97 and I thought the same thing about the cpat seeing as it usually knocks out a good chunk. Who knows, AA isn't unique. I have seen others do the oral before cpat as well. Just keep pushing forward.

Forum Member

Wow. So much for thinking I did well. I wonder where I went wrong. Maybe they cut the CPAT invitations at 80 and I'll hear back next year. Who knows??

Good luck to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper173 View Post
    Wow. So much for thinking I did well. I wonder where I went wrong. Maybe they cut the CPAT invitations at 80 and I'll hear back next year. Who knows??

Good luck to you all.
    Can't tell you but I'm an old guy and usually on the other side of the table interviewing people and I can tell you what I look for. Be confident, be firm on the things you know and honest about the things you don't know. Be personable and polite. Look them in the eye when you talk to them. Smile, be friendly. Firm hand shakes, yes sir/mam. Don't be so nervous, it's just an interview. Make yourself an asset and carry yourself in a way that makes them want you, not cocky. Also be humble about things you might not be as strong in, they know you don't know everything. The thing that drives me nuts is when a guy tries to pretend and BS his way through something he obviously knows nothing about. It's better just to say I don't have much experience with that but I'm willing to learn. that's about it. I know quite a few of the guys I saw looked nervous as hell, that shows. Not sure how to combat that other than believe in yourself and have confidence.

Hope that helps a little. Good luck and keep trying!

Forum Member

Thanks for the kind words Photo. It makes sense and I felt that's what I demonstrated. I felt like there were some more things I could have included afterwards. But I thought I did well and could speak well to what they were asking. I could understand if I was close to the average of the scores, but so far it looks like I was way off and that has me a little baffled. Maybe I spoke too much about my other job experiences translating into the fire service. Perhaps I should have talked more about volunteering. To me, what I do with the volunteers is apples and oranges to things in the career service. Plus it would be my personal, entirely subjective assessment of my skills, abilities, and experiences.

Thread Information