Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: anne arundel county

Forum Member

No I am not but I am a paramedic so hopefully that helps. I'm actually from south florida, were saturated with medics down here so I'm looking to make a move. What about you?

Forum Member

I heard back via email today. So hopefully you hear something soon. I have to go back to Maryland for the CPAT Nov. 16th. Good luck everyone.

Forum Member

I am a full time Firefighter/EMT in New York State. My Buddy is a Baltimore City PD, and my other buddy is a Montgomery Co. FF and I went down there for a test for the first time a few years ago and fell in love with the state.
    Last edited by Brandon553; 11-01-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Forum Member

I'm moving on as well. I wonder how many people they are moving on to the cpat.

Forum Member

So I'm reading that you can sign a waiver to opt out of the CPAT orientation, but the email said it is mandatory. I'm trying to figure out if I can opt out, and if not, how long the orientation will last because I'm trying to take the Philly exam as well that day.

Forum Member

Yea I'm coming from florida so thats what I'm trying to figure out as well. I called earlier and the guy I talked to said he thinks its mandatory, but he told me to contact someone else to make sure so I'm waiting on his reply.

Forum Member

@jarrod.galler I just got confirmation that if you have a CPAT you can be exempt from the Nov 16th overview. He said that was for out of state candidates, I dont know if your'e out of state so you might want to double check

Forum Member

Ahh, thanks man. Unfortunately my CPAT expired in May. I was told it only lasts an hour or so, so hopefully the Philly test is a little later so I can make both.

Forum Member

What I got out of the information was that the orientation was mandatory for everyone to go. The documents that are available for opting out is for the practice CPAT. Also, you can be exempt from taking the CPAT as long as you have taken one within the last year, meaning after November 16th 2012. But, with that you have to have the documentation proving that you did indeed take the CPAT, with the passing mark, and the date. Good luck guys. Have you heard how many they are going to pick up this time around, or anything at all about the hirings?

Forum Member

Any of you guys moving on care to give hint at your interview score. I was in the first group of interviews in the Spring and bombed (though I'm not sure why). The score email said that I would be compared against results in the future. Just wondering if there is any reason for me to hold out hope. Best of luck to you all.

Forum Member

When I talked to them they told me to just E-mail them everything and I would be exempt from the orientation.

And Jasper, I received a 98 on the interview.

Forum Member

Good Luck everyone.
    Last edited by Brandon553; 11-01-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Forum Member

Thanks for the insight guys and strong work.

Apparently I'm a talentless turd.

Best of luck to you all.

Forum Member

I used to be horrible at interviews, and "the experts" say that the interview weighs the heaviest on any hiring process. I really suggest a program that was created by a Captain from the mid west. If you google search Captain Bob interview help or something along those lines you will find a lot of good information. You can also order some tutorial CD's to help out. Just from personal expierence, this helped significantly.

Forum Member

Does anyone else have their CPAT and not going to the orientation? I sent my CPAT in but they haven't gotten back to me yet, just wondering if anyone else is in my boat.

Forum Member

I had a valid CPAT for the last round, but didn't get an offer and it is no longer valid so I have to retake CPAT. I just went to the orientation and gave them a copy and didn't have to go back. You could always call, they're usually pretty helpful.

Forum Member

Thanks, I'll probably call them up on monday

Forum Member

Anyone have any idea how many they are going to hire this time around?

Forum Member

Not sure, I heard anywhere from 50-100. My question is, since there were 32 people left from the previous round, are we considered the "top 32" list, or something of the like, or are we all just mixed in with the second round of interview candidates. That makes a big difference in standings.

Forum Member

Keep in mind they are also limited to academy class size. I can't imagine them hiring more than 30 at a time. Last class was around 20 I believe. My background investigator didn't have much of an update on that when I went for my updated investigation. If they are considering us for the second round hiring there must have been something they liked in us. Hopefully meaning something

Thread Information