Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: anne arundel county

Forum Member

They've run much bigger classes. The class of 20-25 was an accelerated class of people that met certain requirements. They another class going now as well of 50. A friend of mine was in a class of around 150.

Forum Member

It would be nice if it were 30 plus. I wasn't at the orientation, did they say when backgrounds start? In the email I received it said a background investigator would be contacting me, just wondering when that would be.

Forum Member

I was contacted last week so you should hear back soon. How did you get out of the orientation? I had to go from there to Philly for their test, rough day haha

Forum Member

Haha I bet it was. They told me if I had a cpat and submitted the waiver I wouldn't have to go.

Forum Member

So are there any ideas as to how many they are hiring for this class? Also, Dolphins2211, I thought the orientation was mandatory for everyone whether you had the CPAT or not they still wanted you to go. I would call on that just to be sure.

Forum Member

I called about a week before the orientation and talked to the captain in charge of the CPAT, I'll be pretty upset if that was wrong information. I guess if I don't hear back soon I'll give them a call.

Forum Member

I haven't heard from the background investigator at all yet, has anyone else heard from someone?

Forum Member

I haven't heard anything either. Makes me feel a little better that I'm not the only one.

Forum Member

I was contacted. I have to go in next month for my 2nd background interview, seeing as I went through this last round. It's really easy, just don't lie haha.

Forum Member

When did you go through the first one?

Forum Member

For the first class from this list that they put through

Forum Member

I emailed my cpat in a few weeks ago and just received an email saying I passed the cpat portion of the process, so I guess I should be contacted by an investigator soon. Does anyone know how many they moved on to the backgrounds?

Forum Member

I'm not quite sure how many. I'd be interested to find out exactly how many they actually want for this next class.

Forum Member

Do you have to pass the CPAT portion before you start the background investigation?

Forum Member

I'm not sure exactly how they are doing it, but I think they are doing backgrounds leading all the way up to the CPAT. I still haven't been contacted yet though.

Forum Member

Here is what i BELIEVE is happening.

from this test, they took a top percentage and put them through oral interviews, then a top percent of those people went on to do background checks and cpat. Then from there, they took the top 50(I believe) who passed backgrounds and cpat and hired them. They also hired 25 people who were either A. An Anne Arundel volunteer for a set amount of time and B. already through a career academy before and hired them in to an accelerated academy. The accelerated class graduated already and the other class is still going.

Now, they took the remaining 32(I believe) from the first round and are putting them through backgrounds and cpat again. To start a second class, they then began oral interviews for the next ranking individuals from the written and are now putting them through backgrounds and cpat as well.

I'm not sure if the 32 are listed first, then the group who just completed orals, or if it is all just mixed in now. Either way, I'm not sure if they are doing backgrounds based on oral scores, or by alphabet or what.

They have been really informative so far, and very open and easy to talk to. I look forward to my background interview again and hopefully seeing some of you guys!

Again, this is what I BELIEVE is going on based on what I've seen and experienced. I hope this helps.

Forum Member

From the email i received, it said I'm in the running for academy 51. The class that just graduated was academy 50, so I didn't think they had another class going on right now but I may be wrong.

Forum Member

Anyone have the phone number for the person in charge of cpat so I call to make sure mine transferred in without issue

Forum Member

Check your email.

Forum Member

I got one from the HR person. Wasn't sure if anyone had any for the captain that was overseeing the cpat process and doing all the cpat transfer paperwork

Thread Information