Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SAM questions

Forum Member

Default SAM questions

Ok I have created our (my) SAM account and have gone to the migration page. I did use the same email address for the SAM accoutn as I have on the FEMA (I guess CCR) account.

I go to migrate, it says that the account has been migrated or there is no account to migrate.

I check migrated accounts. I have none there.

I try again thinking I made a typo.

Still nothing there.

Do I need to add a new entity or try and figure out what is going on with the migration?

Quote Originally Posted by BSFD9302 View Post
    Ok I have created our (my) SAM account and have gone to the migration page. I did use the same email address for the SAM accoutn as I have on the FEMA (I guess CCR) account.

I go to migrate, it says that the account has been migrated or there is no account to migrate.

I check migrated accounts. I have none there.

I try again thinking I made a typo.

Still nothing there.

Do I need to add a new entity or try and figure out what is going on with the migration?
    Well if you were previously registered in the CCR then your information was all migrated across back in July. If it is telling you it was migrated then your probably OK until you need to "update" the information or "verify" it. Any questions wait till Monday and call them.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

I done the same and checked to find all had been tranferred as Kurt stated. Oct got message to update
    which I done. Got first round grant and a week later got notice to update Sam NLT 30 Jan. Not sure of reason. I will keep update just keep award coming.

Forum Member

Default SAM Migration

I guess I missed the FEMA direction to migrate from the CCR (which was specifically mentioned in the 2012 Guidance) to SAM. Anyhow you must go to http://SAM.gov and "update" your information in SAM or your account will not be "active". The update process is burdensome. It works on the same principle as the AFGP application process. You must have green check marks on ALL of the sections or it will not activate. I don't have the time to provide a tutorial here but just walk through the section menu on the left side of the page to address each page. Just remember, "migration" does not mean "activation".

Quote Originally Posted by jguyther View Post
    I guess I missed the FEMA direction to migrate from the CCR (which was specifically mentioned in the 2012 Guidance) to SAM. Anyhow you must go to http://SAM.gov and "update" your information in SAM or your account will not be "active". The update process is burdensome. It works on the same principle as the AFGP application process. You must have green check marks on ALL of the sections or it will not activate. I don't have the time to provide a tutorial here but just walk through the section menu on the left side of the page to address each page. Just remember, "migration" does not mean "activation".
    Great info, thanks for posting same.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

I had forgotten to migrate/update to SAM as well, but I'm having serious issues trying to complete the update. I can't complete the Purpose of Registration section, since on the Determine Purpose page, it won't let me select the type of entity I am. It's blank until I hit the NEXT button, at which point it errors out and then the only choice available is US Federal Government.

I called the FSD and they have put a Tier 2 agent on my ticket, but that was Tuesday and I haven't heard back. On hold with them right now. Have to get this done before we can get our award. Grrrrrrrr.

Once you are registered it will take a few days and recieve an email like this:

This email was sent by an automated administrator. Please do not reply to this message.

Congratulations! The registration for is now active in the U.S. federal government’s System for Award Management (SAM). If you did not provide a CAGE code during the registration process, one has been assigned and is provided above.
    You are now eligible for contracts, assistance awards, and to do business with the federal government as determined by your Entity’s profile. Important: The Periodic Update Requirement Date for the registration is 04-DEC-13. You must renew the registration by this date to remain active.
    In addition, you may continue to invite additional users by following the below steps:
    * Login to SAM using a valid Username and Password
    * Select “Manage Entity Users” from the left-hand navigation menu
    * Select “Invite User” from the left-hand navigation menu
    * Select the desired Entity
    * Provide invitee’s email address
    * Assign Role(s) to be associated with the user account
    * Click Submit

All invitees will receive an email message from SAM with instructions on how to complete the process.

For assistance, please contact the Federal Service Desk at www.fsd.gov or by telephone at 866-606-8220 (toll free) or at 334-206-7828 (internationally).

Thank you,
    The System for Award Management (SAM) Administrator
    http://www.sam.gov

Forum Member

I was thinking everything was ok when I checked my department SAM account, but after see these posting I did some checking and was able to complete the migration today. By not having the migration completed until today could this be the reason I haven't seen any movement on my 1199A that was posted over 5 weeks ago.

No it has nothing to do with it Chief.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

That's best news I heard all day, Thanks Kurt.

Can't tell whether Kurt's smiley is being sarcastic, but it is most definitely an issue for a pending award. I understand that anyone who has not completed SAM registration will not be awarded until they have done so. I've had numerous clients get contacted to complete the SAM migration.

I have 2 1199As that posted over 6 weeks ago that have not been awarded; another posted 3 weeks ago is awarded -- the 6 week old ones have not completed SAM, but 3 week old one has.

Forum Member

They are being sticklers on this one because several went through last year with CCR not being done, with the promise that it would be taken care of and then money was spent and requested prior to completion. So money couldn't be transferred by law without the CCR, awardee up in arms, vendor up in arms, etc, etc. And since responsibility lies with the awardee, can't blame DHS for the applicant not taking care of stuff. Not like we all haven't been told in the PG, web sites, seminars, here, Update 1199A emails, etc, etc. Wait too long and they will pass you over altogether.

Forum Member

I thought you where both right also until I got a phone call from my contact at the local newspaper. They wanted to know about a notice that they got from our Senators office about us getting the grant. I told her she's know more than I do right now, and hope she's right. Let's see what happen this Friday.

Forum Member

What is this SAM. Is it required? I read that this is not needed for AFG. Can someone clarify?

Forum Member

SAM is required for awards, not for application technically, but of course if you apply one would hope you have the goal of an award. www.sam.gov, go yon forth and register if you have a 2012 app in and haven't done it yet. They have the desire to move 2012 along quickly and they have the right to skip people if the checkmarks aren't in the right spot, and this is a big one.

Forum Member

When I finally submitted my SAM update I received a notice that my SAM update was rejected because a CAGE code was already associated with another DUNS number from our same address.

I've spent over 90 minutes going between FEMA, DLA, and D&B.

Finally, I was told that I MUST have the same DUNS number in SAM that I had on my AFG application. That means I had to call D&B to delete the other DUNS number, a process that will take up to ten business days to complete (ARGH!). Then once the old number is deleted, I need to go to SAM and be invited to the old CAGE account to update everything accordingly.

I hate this. I never had these issues with CCR.

Forum Member

Is the SAM.gov site down? I cannot seem to get on it.

Thread Information