Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Colorado Springs Fire Department Accepting Applications

Maybe looking for military too?

I am in Band 1 also. Best I have ever done with the Springs since they moved to FireTeam, but I definitely disappointed not to hear anything. Oh well, we'll just have to see if anything more comes of this list.

Good luck Rich

Forum Member

A few things:

yjbrody, you can't catch a break man. How many times have you been close and not made the final cut?

Yes, they are looking for minority candidates. Everyone knows this. Don't act surprised.

Forum Member

A good reason to never fill out anything that gives away your demographics until you are in an interview.
    DJ_Reverse likes this.

Forum Member

Sorry to post this question again. Did they send out emails to everyone, regardless if they were banded or not? I have not received an email with my score. Just wondering if some of my information got messed up or if I just didn't score high enough.

Thanks

Forum Member

Hollycreek-

You're not the only one. I've talked to a few people in the same boat... Emails WERE definitely sent out though.

Forum Member

Do we know if all 60 have been notified about moving on?

Forum Member

I received the e-mail that I was moving on and scheduled my interview for Tuesday.

Forum Member

Would anyone here take Springs over/before Denver?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mortarman View Post
    I received the e-mail that I was moving on and scheduled my interview for Tuesday.
    When did you receive your email from them?

Forum Member

I received the e-mail last night around 6 pm. It included a personal history statement that I need to fill out and stated that I will have to complete a psychological test before or immediately following the interview.

Forum Member

I would prefer the springs but ether one would be great.
    Last edited by BoulderJ; 01-20-2013 at 11:54 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorT View Post
    Do we know if all 60 have been notified about moving on?
    Trevor based on my information, those posting here, and common sense it would be my best assumption that all those moving on have already been notified as of last night. With interviews as early as monday, this would give people the weekend to decline for whatever reason. In our email it stated we'd know by Sunday. Thus being the last day they could potentially bring in subs for anyone unable to make it. I haven't given up complete hope yet, but damn near. ;-)

Forum Member

Congrats to those moving on. Good luck. That personal history packet is hands down the hardest part of the process.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsandoval15 View Post
    RoughCut were did they get our minority status?
    I'm guessing off of the fire team test unless there was a spot on the application

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderJ View Post
    I would take the Springs before Denver. Denver only runs fire.
    Whats wrong with that? a fire dept that only runs fire.

I'd take Denver over the springs. But I still would be hard pressed to turn down an offer waiting for another possible offer.
    RIP Hela

"You have to do better then your best."
    BUD's instuctor Class 234

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
    Martin Luther King, Jr

Forum Member

There is nothing wrong with it. If that is your thing, then so be. Denver is runs a lot of fire and they are damn good at it. However medical calls make up more of the call volume for Denver. I personally want to work somewhere I can not only get fires (albeit not nearly as many as Denver), but also do ALS and wildland. Just a personal preference.
    Last edited by BoulderJ; 01-20-2013 at 11:55 PM.

Forum Member

Doesn't Denver go to Medical calls? Or is it that they don't get very involved in the medical calls? Im confused.
    RichFog1 likes this.

Forum Member

They go to medical calls. They just don't transport, nor do they provide ALS. The Denver hospital system provides all ALS and transport for the city.

They do, let me repeat that, they do however run medical calls. Not sure where that poster got that idea. They also have a pretty good wildland team. Again, not sure where you are getting your information, they they are a deployable resource throughout the state.

Per their website:

DFD firefighters are EMT-B certified to provided Basic Life Support for any medical emergency. Working together with the Paramedics from Denver Health Paramedic Division, DFD can respond to any medical emergency.

for wildland:

Currently, the team relies on the department's Type 1 fire engines, which are used to protect structures. Crews also provide communication and support services.

The department created the wildland team in 2002 after the 138,000-acre Hayman fire. Prior to that, Tade said, "we didn't have wildland capabilities."

Capt. Tony Jeffers took over in 2004, and it has grown from 14 members to 50 under his watch. He said participation is voluntary and members are certified under National Wildfire Coordinating Group guidelines.

The team has responded to Colorado wildfires, such as the Lefthand fire in March, and fires in about a dozen other states. They have done controlled burns in the city and its mountain parks. Jeffers said the team borrowed a Type 6 truck for a controlled burn in Hutchinson Park earlier this month.

also, Wild Land sucks. I hope you realize that.

Forum Member

I know they run medical calls, hence why I stated they have a high volume of medical calls, but as soon as DG shows up they take over. My point was they don't run ALS and DG handles all transports.

As for the wildland team, I had not seen any information on their website regarding a wildland team. There is still no information on there about it. If they have one now, good for them. Surprising for a department that is almost entirely urban. Except for the one Denver Post article you copied that information out of, there is really nothing about it.

If you don't like wildland, that is your opinion.
    Last edited by BoulderC; 01-21-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peterbound View Post
    A few things:

yjbrody, you can't catch a break man. How many times have you been close and not made the final cut?
    Yup. I've lost count, or stopped counting. I think I might give up if I really knew...
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Thread Information