Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Colorado Springs Fire Department Accepting Applications

Forum Member

I totally forgot to ask HR yesterday, but are any of you fellas aware of the schedule/format for the academy? A few guys had talked on here weeks back about a split class with alternating days, but that seemed more like rumor than anything else. Just curious if any of you guys asked in your meetings.

Big congrats to everyone that made it. Best of luck with your academy next week!

For those that got this far and didn't make the cut, I'm not one for quotes, but this is one that stuck with me:

“The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something.”
    Randy Pausch- The Last Lecture

Keep at it and stay safe.
    Last edited by yjbrody; 02-14-2013 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Didn't mean to link
    coheed85 and jkgjr1 like this.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Forum Member

Just wanted to bump this one up, see if maybe anyone could offer any info about the rumored 2nd academy.

Anyone know about the lateral list and how that may be involved??

Appreciate anything anyone has to offer. Thanks!

Forum Member

I have heard rumors of Colo Springs having another large academy in the future. Rumor is that they want to drop AMR as their Ambulance provider and go in-house so they will need to increase the staff on hand. I know they said the list was only good for a year. I don't see them dropping AMR within the year so we may have to reapply in the future.

Forum Member

They're not going to start transporting themselves. They are opening the bidding up to "other" outside agencies. Rumor is that yes they will be doing a second academy possibly right after this one.

Forum Member

I believe 2nd academy will start sometime in June. I'm in A band for both lateral/entry-level, but wasn't selected for interview earlier this year. Not sure where I stand for the next one, but unfortunately I've also heard they've begun offering for the 2nd academy already. Can anyone confirm this?

Forum Member

I have heard the 2nd academy will start in June as well. I have my Poly and psych next week.

Forum Member

Nice! Did you interview recently or awhile ago after we tested?

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic3430 View Post
    I have heard the 2nd academy will start in June as well. I have my Poly and psych next week.

Forum Member

It was a while ago.

Forum Member

I figured as much. I didn't know if they were pulling more off the list to interview. Congrats though, and good luck with the rest of the process.

Forum Member

I've been hearing a June academy as well but details seem to be lacking. I passed background for the last one but was not selected, does anyone know if they are going to still consider people that passed background or if they are just going to grab a whole new set of people.

It makes since to run some people threw background right now depending on how many people are still sitting in the available pool.

Forum Member

Just out of curiosity, you guys that moved on... what did you score on the Fire Team test? I thought I did fairly well, A band, and never contacted for either academy

Forum Member

Any updates on the long-term status of SAFER hires and/or the City's finances to support them long term?

Forum Member

Greetings,

My name is Bill Hicks and I am in my 18th year in the fire service, and currently serve as a fire chief. I am also a doctoral candidate at Eastern Kentucky University and my dissertation topic involves investigating the current status of firefighter reciprocity among the 50 states. I am seeking members of the fire service who may have experience in moving from state to state and seeking reciprocity, or recognition of certification issued by your old state, in a new state. Also, if you came from the military and sought reciprocity for DOD certificates, I would like to hear from you as well. If you have not experienced this, please forward the link below to anyone who you may know that has done this.

For those that have such experiences, I am humbly asking you to give 5 minutes of your time to answer a short series of question found at the link below on your experiences with seeking reciprocity, or recognition when you moved from one state to another, regardless of being paid or volunteer members in your department.

Also at the end of the survey you will have a space to share any experiences you may have had when dealing with reciprocity of fire service certifications in your department and with your state. Also feel free to forward this to any fire service member(s) who you feel would have something to say on the topic.

Your anonymity is protected throughout the process. Just click or copy the link below to begin.

https://ekussem.co1.qualtrics.com/SE...Z1aVMb9w1QhYtD

Also, if you would like to share your experiences with me in more depth after taking part in the survey, please leave your email in the beginning of the comments section at the end of the survey.

Thread Information