Contact your Senators ASAP
For those not on the CFSI email list:
The U.S. Senate is currently considering S.3254, the National Defense Authorization Act. Senator Joseph Lieberman (CT), co-Chairman of the Congressional Fire Services Caucus, is attempting to include an amendment to the legislation that would reauthorize the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program, the Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response Grant Program and the United States Fire Administration. All members of the fire and emergency services are asked to contact their U.S. Senators. Encourage them to contact Senator Carl Levin (MI), Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee to express their support for the Lieberman Amendment. Make the calls today!
TALKING POINTS FOR YOUR PHONE CALLS
• I understand that Senator Joseph Lieberman has filed an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act.
• Amendment #3090 would reauthorize the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program, the Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response Grant Program and the United States Fire Administration.
• I strongly urge you to contact Senator Carl Levin, Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, and ask for his support of Amendment #3090.
• AFG, SAFER and the United States Fire Administration are essential to enhancing the readiness and response capabilities of fire departments in (your state) and all other states. We need these programs reauthorized.
• The phone number for the Capitol Switchboard is 202-224-3121.
• Ask that your call be transferred to your Senator's office.
• Please make two calls - one to each of your Senators.
• The calls need to be made today!