Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 79 of 79
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 2012-2013 Grant Writing Training Classes

  1. #61
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Johnstown , Pa
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Glad to see you are coming to Johnstown again. You should be used to this place by now.


  2. #62
    MembersZone Subscriber ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Attack6 View Post
    Glad to see you are coming to Johnstown again. You should be used to this place by now.
    Yep starting to feel like one of the Boys from the hood for sure! Looking forward to it.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  3. #63
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Johnstown , Pa
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Just got approved at our meeting to attend the Johnstown session. Its a no brainer, as its money wisely invested.

  4. #64
    MembersZone Subscriber ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Attack6 View Post
    Just got approved at our meeting to attend the Johnstown session. Its a no brainer, as its money wisely invested.
    Glad to have you Tom, looking forward to seeing you again!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  5. #65
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Johnstown , Pa
    Posts
    370

    Default Team Depot Grant

    We just received from our local Home Depot the "Team Depot" grant. Home Depot will be sending employees, and $6,000 to help us renovate our firehouse kitchen. Very excited.

  6. #66
    MembersZone Subscriber ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Glad to have you Tom, looking forward to seeing you again!
    That's awesome Tom. Ought to go well with the remodel for the SAFER.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  7. #67
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northeast Kansas
    Posts
    38

    Default

    I am glad to see you are coming to kansas this summer, I had high hopes to attend this class however the rest of my department doesnt feel the same way. They feel it will be a waste of money, since we "Cant get a grant, and have wasted too much money trying", I guess ignorance is bliss for them. Going to see if i cant get the city to pay for the trip so i can double writing grants for them as well. Fingers crossed, i would really like to attend!

  8. #68
    MembersZone Subscriber ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWFD122 View Post
    I am glad to see you are coming to kansas this summer, I had high hopes to attend this class however the rest of my department doesnt feel the same way. They feel it will be a waste of money, since we "Cant get a grant, and have wasted too much money trying", I guess ignorance is bliss for them. Going to see if i cant get the city to pay for the trip so i can double writing grants for them as well. Fingers crossed, i would really like to attend!
    Well I can definitely say they have not wasted any money with me. Fairview FD has never been in one of my classes and I have been to Kansas at least 5 times in last 5 years both in Kansas City and Wichita area. Your members attitude is pretty common among smaller rural type departments. They should talk to Grand View Plaza, Valley Center, Halstead or Brown County about return on investment... everyone of those departments is at more than 100:1. Hey if you give me a call I can give you some ideas of where to obtain funding to attend. 863-551-9598
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  9. #69
    MembersZone Subscriber LVFD301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    Heck, I am going to be at Oskaloosa and Topeka in two weeks, want me to come by and show them what my departments have done since I with to classes with Kurt and Brian?

    Those classes have been WELL worth the time and money

  10. #70
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northeast Kansas
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    Heck, I am going to be at Oskaloosa and Topeka in two weeks, want me to come by and show them what my departments have done since I with to classes with Kurt and Brian?

    Those classes have been WELL worth the time and money
    As much as i would enjoy the help, I have a feeling you would leave with the same sore forehead that i have (from banging it against the wall). I spoke with Kurt yesterday for a pretty good time, and he helped me with a few options that may be available to get funding to go to the class without having to get the money from the FD. I am going to try to make it even if it has to come out of my own pocket.

  11. #71
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Johnstown , Pa
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Im so glad my department realizes the importance of the classes. Ive been to 4 of Kurts classes (hosted 2 of them). $399x 4 = $1,596. Grants so far...$622,147 DHS, $204,000 Other....$826,147 just off the top of my head. There are many more I have not listed.

  12. #72
    MembersZone Subscriber ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Thanks Tom. Just as a slight aside, apparently "the Iceman" curse lives on. 36 degrees here in Spring Hill, TN and "frost" this morning. Go figure! LOL
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  13. #73
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Southwestern, Pa
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Kurt, It must be you!!!
    BB

  14. #74
    Forum Member EMT6126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Byrdstown TN>
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Awhhh, back to sunshine and temp. in mid 70s. You can sure tell kurt has left Tennessee.lol
    I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

  15. #75
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    88

    Default

    My department also realizes the importance of the training and sent me to one Kurt’s classes. I have been awarded several AFG, SAFER and local grants for over Ĺ mil (Thanks Kurt). Our department is in a great position with all of our priorities being funded allowing us time to now work on the alternative funding options to keep us current and safe. The only issue I have had with this grant success is that our local government has not had to spend our annual budget for several years and now wants to reduce it. We are working on making them understand this process fully.
    It has been a couple years since my class, so I think it’s about time for a refresher, maybe somewhere tropical. I will be watching for that class.

  16. #76
    MembersZone Subscriber ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peak85 View Post
    My department also realizes the importance of the training and sent me to one Kurt’s classes. I have been awarded several AFG, SAFER and local grants for over Ĺ mil (Thanks Kurt). Our department is in a great position with all of our priorities being funded allowing us time to now work on the alternative funding options to keep us current and safe. The only issue I have had with this grant success is that our local government has not had to spend our annual budget for several years and now wants to reduce it. We are working on making them understand this process fully.
    It has been a couple years since my class, so I think it’s about time for a refresher, maybe somewhere tropical. I will be watching for that class.
    Guy let me throw another point of view to you. Since 2009 I have seen nothing but a steady decrease in every public safety agency's budget. Nobody has been immune from the budget ax swinging. If your town has not had to swing the budget ax at you yet, you have been immensely lucky and just about anyone in here can attest to that fact. This tells me that your town has been rather successful in weathering this economic storm we have been in. True, your grant awards have helped to prevent that ax from swinging any sooner but, you should take some real solace that it has not been swinging before now already. Many departments in here have seen cut after cut for the last 4 years, even with grant awards being won.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  17. #77
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I would like to invite everyone to Middle Taylor Township Volunteer Fire Company in Johnstown, Pa. for another of Kurt's classes. This will be on June 8th and 9th and with the hope that it doesn't snow. If it does snow Kurt is paying for my 1/2 acre of plants. I won't repeat everything that has been said, but it really is a large return on your investment. We are a very small company and have recieved 5 awards (3 with Brian's help and 2 after attending Kurt's class at Oakland VFC. This includes an engine.

  18. #78
    MembersZone Subscriber ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Well everyone asked for classes all over and I put them out there but if you are still sitting on a fence about attending, may I encourage you to get registered this week. AFG is not going to open till August so there was plenty of time to attend and then use the information, especially considering the changes for 2013 coming at us. I currently have open classes in June for Kansas, Texas, Arizona, Pennsylvania. If I have not achieved minimum pre-registrations by end of this week I am going to have to cancel them.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  19. #79
    MembersZone Subscriber ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Well unfortunately we fell short recruiting department to the class in Albany, TX on June 14-15th so we are cancelling that class. Sorry Texas maybe next year somebody will get me out there.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Charlotte, NC 2012/2013 Hiring Process
    By Pugsley67 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 04:17 PM
  2. 2012-2013 Ford Powerstroke Diesel 6.7L
    By Woodbridge in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-25-2012, 01:12 AM
  3. Stafford County, VA 2012-2013
    By smprfi0231 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-18-2012, 01:04 PM
  4. Hackensack FD *2012-2013*
    By Murphy201 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2011, 01:29 PM
  5. Grant Writing Training
    By dragonfyre in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-29-2002, 09:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts