Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 2012-2013 Grant Writing Training Classes

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by peak85 View Post
    My department also realizes the importance of the training and sent me to one Kurt’s classes. I have been awarded several AFG, SAFER and local grants for over mil (Thanks Kurt). Our department is in a great position with all of our priorities being funded allowing us time to now work on the alternative funding options to keep us current and safe. The only issue I have had with this grant success is that our local government has not had to spend our annual budget for several years and now wants to reduce it. We are working on making them understand this process fully.
    It has been a couple years since my class, so I think it’s about time for a refresher, maybe somewhere tropical. I will be watching for that class.
    Guy let me throw another point of view to you. Since 2009 I have seen nothing but a steady decrease in every public safety agency's budget. Nobody has been immune from the budget ax swinging. If your town has not had to swing the budget ax at you yet, you have been immensely lucky and just about anyone in here can attest to that fact. This tells me that your town has been rather successful in weathering this economic storm we have been in. True, your grant awards have helped to prevent that ax from swinging any sooner but, you should take some real solace that it has not been swinging before now already. Many departments in here have seen cut after cut for the last 4 years, even with grant awards being won.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

I would like to invite everyone to Middle Taylor Township Volunteer Fire Company in Johnstown, Pa. for another of Kurt's classes. This will be on June 8th and 9th and with the hope that it doesn't snow. If it does snow Kurt is paying for my 1/2 acre of plants. I won't repeat everything that has been said, but it really is a large return on your investment. We are a very small company and have recieved 5 awards (3 with Brian's help and 2 after attending Kurt's class at Oakland VFC. This includes an engine.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well everyone asked for classes all over and I put them out there but if you are still sitting on a fence about attending, may I encourage you to get registered this week. AFG is not going to open till August so there was plenty of time to attend and then use the information, especially considering the changes for 2013 coming at us. I currently have open classes in June for Kansas, Texas, Arizona, Pennsylvania. If I have not achieved minimum pre-registrations by end of this week I am going to have to cancel them.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Well unfortunately we fell short recruiting department to the class in Albany, TX on June 14-15th so we are cancelling that class. Sorry Texas maybe next year somebody will get me out there.
    Kurt Bradley

Thread Information