Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Booby needs to stop being on here all the time and go and do some fire inspections...

Default Booby needs to stop being on here all the time and go and do some fire inspections...

"Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Oh...My....
    RyanK63 likes this.
    Firefighter 1/ PA EMT-B

Six Million Pounds? Six Million Pounds?
    That's 3000 tons
    2,721,554 kilograms
    95,999,992 ounces
    428,571 stone
    4.54881163296005E-19 earth mass
    Of pure unadulterated I don't see a F-in' thing!!
    Miller337 likes this.
    IAFF

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    That's 3000 tons
    At least it happened to be the military version of gun powder which should be a low-order explosive. It shouldn't have the shock waves associated with high-order stuff if. Were it high-order, you would be able to claim 3 friggin' kilotons!!! (OK, I know a kiloton is a thousand METRIC tons but, I don't do metrics.) Still, that is one big ### firecracker.

If it does blow and take out LA, this section of the forums will die.

Quote Originally Posted by firepundit View Post
    At least it happened to be the military version of gun powder which should be a low-order explosive. It shouldn't have the shock waves associated with high-order stuff if. Were it high-order, you would be able to claim 3 friggin' kilotons!!! (OK, I know a kiloton is a thousand METRIC tons but, I don't do metrics.) Still, that is one big ### firecracker.

If it does blow and take out LA, this section of the forums will die.

I'm sure he would be far far away...
    SPFDRum, FWDbuff and Miller337 like this.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

So what's bigger in this situation, the "Ka-" or the "Boom"?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.Ē
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Obviously none of you bothered to read his thread about this last week.

Ya, I know, it's easier to just bash the guy.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post

As a matter of fact, i did read it... and he said this

The plan is unclear right now as this is aresult (sic) of an inspection of the facility itself by ATF earlier today, but I'm sure we'll be very involved with this transfer/removal operation.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
    As a matter of fact, i did read it... and he said this
    Exactly, so "Booby needs to stop being on here all the time and go and do some fire inspections..." is incorrect, inappropriate, and nothing other than just being a *****. And the same half dozen or so normal crew will jump in here and post comments like they do on all of his threads.

it's getting really old and tired.
    EastKyFF, Trkco1 and BSFD9302 like this.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Exactly, so "Booby needs to stop being on here all the time and go and do some fire inspections..." is incorrect, inappropriate, and nothing other than just being a *****. And the same half dozen or so normal crew will jump in here and post comments like they do on all of his threads.

it's getting really old and tired.
    Yeah, I kinda like to read fire related stuff once in a while.

Forum Member

Thanks Bones.

Just to interject some facts ........

1. Even though we provide fire and rescue services to camp Minden we do not provide inspection services. The facility has it's own staff including an explosive expert on the safety staff to handle such matters internally. In fact my departmnent does not do inspections within our districts, for a number of reasons including the personnel required and the training. That may change in the future, but as of now, we are content to allow the State Fire Marshal's Office handle inspections. By the way, that is the way that most combo departments in this part of the state choose to handle inspections.

2. Even if we did do inspections, the leased buildings on that facility fall under under the jurisdication of the State Fire Marshal's office when it comes to fire inspections as they are on s property owned and controlled by the LA Department of the Military

3. The facility in question is in the Webster parish portion of the facility, not the Bossier parish portion, making them the governmental AHJ.

4. The company, Explo, has refused the State Fire Marshal's Office admittance to thier properties. They have also in the past refused to allow the LA Department of the Military, from whom they lease the property, and the LA State Police, who is responsible for regulating explosives in the state admittance to the property.

I had some other things posted but choose to delate thema fter rereading the post. It's information that does not need to be on the internet.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 12-05-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
    I'm sure he would be far far away...

Actually we all are, which only makes sense in dealing with explosives.

Forum Member

Thanks Bones.

Just to interject some facts ........

1. Even though we provide fire and rescue services to camp Minden we do not provide inspection services. The facility has it's own staff including an explosive expert on the safety staff to handle such matters internally. In fact my departmnent does not do inspections within our districts, for a number of reasons including the personnel required and the training. That may change in the future, but as of now, we are content to allow the State Fire Marshal's Office handle inspections. By the way, that is the way that most combo departments in this part of the state choose to handle inspections.

2. Even if we did do inspections, the leased buildings on that facility fall under under the jurisdication of the State Fire Marshal's office when it comes to fire inspections as they are on s property owned and controlled by the LA Department of the Military

3. The facility in question is in the Webster parish portion of the facility, not the Bossier parish portion, making them the governmental AHJ.

4. The company, Explo, has refused to allow us on the property to do preplansd or give us information on thier operations. They have also refused to allow the State Fire Marshal's Office admittance to thier properties. They have also in the past refused to allow the LA Department of the Military, from whom they lease the property, and the LA State Police, who is responsible for regulating explosives in the state admittance to the property. I will not comment any further on this.

I had some other things posted but choose to delete them after rereading the post. It's information that does not need to be on the internet at this time.

The company's name is "Explo"? Haha!
    IAFF

Oh never mind. I was going to type a long drawn out rant pointing out the value of fire inspections for fire prevention purposes (you know, that very thing that you preach constantly) and how if you utilized your paid guys as inspectors instead of janitors, you would have a heads up for pre-planning and prevention purposes.....but you would just defend your ignorance and backpedal.....as usual.

And for the naysayers- dont like it, don't read the thread. HE wants to constantly peddle his poison, HE is going to get called out on it.

Forum Member

That's 3000 tons
    2,721,554 kilograms
    95,999,992 ounces
    428,571 stone
    4.54881163296005E-19 earth mass
    Of pure unadulterated I don't see a F-in' thing!!
    I imagine it would look something like this fire and explosion involving 9 million pounds of rocket fuel. Occured near Henderson, Nevada in the 1980s. The larger explosions shattered windows 10 miles away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K0cEX9ex3U

Forum Member

The company's name is "Explo"? Haha!
    Yes.

It's actually Explo Systems.

The actually had a major incident back in 2007, I believe, where their, at that time, mile long facility was completely destroyed in a series of massive explosions and resulting fires spanning a 36-hour time period.

The entire Camp Minden complex was evacuated including the Youth Challenge program, the Webster parish Jail, all the other industrial occupancies and all of the National Guard facilitates as well as the town of Doyline for a 3-day period. To this day, that area is quarantined as they suspect the area is still littered with unexploded ordinance.

It was actually quite a show.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 12-05-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Oh never mind. I was going to type a long drawn out rant pointing out the value of fire inspections for fire prevention purposes (you know, that very thing that you preach constantly) and how if you utilized your paid guys as inspectors instead of janitors, you would have a heads up for pre-planning and prevention purposes.....but you would just defend your ignorance and backpedal.....as usual.

And for the naysayers- dont like it, don't read the thread. HE wants to constantly peddle his poison, HE is going to get called out on it.
    Fully agree that prevention would have been a good thing, however, they apparently had people in powerful places that prevented us from doing pre-plans, as well as the LA Department of the Military, the LA State Fire Marshals Office and the LA State Police from coming onto the property.

It took a federal agency, the ATF, to get the search warrants to come onto the property and discover what everyone had suspected about the operation.

Wouldall the above mentioned state agencies have liked to have gotten on site much sooner? hell ya, but every time they tried to gain access after one of the many minor incidents that have occurred since they relocated into the new digs, they were thwarted by somebody at a higher level.

And as I mentioned, we had no authority to perform inspections at Camp Minden as it was a state facility run by the Department of the Military. They have their own safety staff, and they utilize the State to perform inspections on their private tenants. We are contracted for fire and rescue RESPONSE only.

And actually, our paid members do perform bi-annual pre-plan updates. I am tasked with conducting all new pre-plan reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    And as I mentioned, we had no authority to perform inspections at Camp Minden as it was a state facility run by the Department of the Military. They have their own safety staff, and they utilize the State to perform inspections on their private tenants.
    Then you should have said "Ok when you have a problem, dont call us. Thanks!"

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Hey Bones,

If you are waiting for me to jump on LA about this you will have a long wait. Why? I just don't give a damn.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Thread Information