Forum Member

Default 2012 Massachusetts FF exam

Hi everybody. Just received my score for the entry level firefighter exam. It says I scored a 100, and I am a Vet. Is this good? What are people hearing about employment opportunities in the State. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Forum Member

How did everyone else do?

Forum Member

Yeah, I'm a vet who also scored a 99. Did you also get a notice that the score might be wrong? I just got an email about it. Where do you have residency?

Forum Member

Not many New Englanders on here from what I ave seen. I took the mass test and scored 96 with no vet points. You have the strongest possibilty of being hired since you are a vet. apply everywhere you want to work. Do you know when they will be posting it to their online system?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wojmccall View Post
    Hi everybody. Just received my score for the entry level firefighter exam. It says I scored a 100, Is this good?
    Being as a 100 is the highest you can get I would say that yes, you did good.

Forum Member

I got a 99 as a vet but the scores also. The 01JAN the list will come out...

Forum Member

Considering we're talking about MA, it'll be a month or two.

Forum Member

That sucks, did you call HRD to confirm?

Forum Member

I sent them an email and got the reply today. They didn't add experience to my score so I guess my score is 100 as well. I can't be any happier with that... The lists will be out soon.

Forum Member

Outstanding!

Forum Member

Forum Member

Anyone have an idea how many classes Boston Fire will hold for this list?

Forum Member

hello everyone I am a veteran scored a 98 and got a letter telling me to report to city hall and accept the position...does this mean I am in ? upon completion of the medical exam and PAT?
    Last edited by Sodox; 01-15-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Forum Member

What city, Boston? Sounds like your in but I don't know how you got a card unless I haven't got it yet...

Forum Member

rather not publicly say but it is right outside of Boston...I am just confused on the process i thought there was going to be a oral board interview then interview with the chief and then they make the decision.

Forum Member

This is right off "Chapter 31" of the civil service law. In the 2nd paragraph it looks like what has happened to you. They are verifying your willing to meet the requirements, hope this helps.

Persons on an eligible list shall be eligible for certification from such list for such period as the administrator shall determine, but in any event not to exceed two years, unless one of the following exceptions applies: (1) such eligibility is extended by law because such persons are in the military or naval service; (2) the administrator is temporarily enjoined by a court order from certifying names from an eligible list, in which case eligibility of persons on such list shall be extended for a period equal to the duration of such order; or (3) no new list is established, in which case eligibility of all persons on such list shall be extended until a new list is established for the same position for which the original list was established; provided, however, that the administrator may revoke the eligibility of the entire list or of any persons on such list subsequent to said two-year period if he shall determine that the effective maintenance of the merit system so requires such revocation and, provided further, that a written notice and explanation for said revocation is sent to the clerks of the senate and house of representatives.

Following the certification of names to an appointing authority, such appointing authority shall submit a written report to the administrator indicating (a) with respect to each person whose name was certified, whether such person appeared to sign the certification, (b) whether each person who so appeared declined or expressed willingness to accept employment, and (c) each person selected for appointment. Such report shall include such verification as the administrator may require that each person willing to accept employment meets or fails to meet the entrance requirements for appointment designated by the administrator. Failure to submit such report on or prior to the date of expiration of the eligibility of a person on such list shall nullify an appointment of such person.

Thread Information