Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Red face Waterous Mechanical Seal CS pump

I have searched all over and can't find an answer. I am looking for a discount source for the mechanical seal for the driven side of my 1989 CS pump. Also some advice. I need to change this seal. Should I buy the tools to do it assembled or take the thing apart?

Is the seal for the front and back the same on a CS pump? the are called a S95 (front) and S96 (driven end). What is the difference?

Does waterous sell direct? Hale requires you buy from a distributor.

Thanks
    prepare for the worst<br />Hope for the best

Forum Member

Waterous Co. does sell direct. I buy parts there if our local service center doesn't stock it. Call their parts and service at 651 450 5200. Talk to one of their service technicians and they'll tell you what you need to do the job. Good luck on finding a discount source for Waterous captive parts. But if it's a standard hardware part such as bearings that you can get locally, they'll tell you that, too.

I've been to their week long school, it's very good. Info on it is at their web site. I probably ought to go back, it's changed some since I went six or seven years ago. The training was hands on. My only beef was that the stuff that you work on is all nice and clean and on stands, so it's easy to work on, not like crawling under an engine, working on rusty hardware in confined spaces. But Hale's is no doubt the same, I've seen their training area, it is (or was) in our county's fire academy in Conshohocken.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    I've been to their week long school, it's very good. Info on it is at their web site. I probably ought to go back, it's changed some since I went six or seven years ago. The training was hands on. My only beef was that the stuff that you work on is all nice and clean and on stands, so it's easy to work on, not like crawling under an engine, working on rusty hardware in confined spaces. But Hale's is no doubt the same, I've seen their training area, it is (or was) in our county's fire academy in Conshohocken.
    The pump mechanic's class I went to was local, where the company rep came to one of the nearby departments to hold it. They had the nice clean props to show us everything, but we also got dirty. Ahead of the class they found a department that had a pump that needed rebuilt. The department got free labor out of it, only had to pay for parts, and we got to pull a pump out of a truck and rebuild it.

Thread Information