Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Biggest pet peeve....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whocares View Post
    Reading the chest pounding "I'm braver than you" posts every time LA offers an oppinion is really cringe worthy. I'm embarassed for you...
    I dont think any of us have ever implied that we are "braver than anyone" however when someone flat out admits (in writing, on a national forum no less) that he would just keep driving by an accident with someone (the word child has been specifically used several times in fact) trapped in a vehicle on fire "because its his choice" as a disguise for his cowardism, well yes, he is going to get called a coward. We pound on him in the hopes that his poison will never affect the minds of the younger more impressionable crowd out there. Frankly, I'm embarrassed you are defending him.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whocares View Post
    The real question is which one of you LAFire bashers is the coolest? I meant the toughest, most badass fire god out there? If all it took was a relentless, obsessive, embarassing focus on one member of a forum, you would all be great firefighters. Other than that, I have yet to see you all posting videos of your hot **** departments out there working so we could all learn the RIGHT way to do things. Reading the chest pounding "I'm braver than you" posts every time LA offers an oppinion is really cringe worthy. I'm embarassed for you...
    At least they are consistent.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7707--nfl.html

I'm sure the big tough NFL guy would pound his chest in a forum and say he would never leave his best friend to burn to death trapped in a car too. But thats what almost happened. Whatever.

P.S. I wasn't defending LA, I was talking about the "super firefighter" bashers telling him he's not a real firefighter - as if you are all the authorities on that.
    Just a typical moronic, childish, idiotic munchkin.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    He doesnt have to. You do every time you post.
    Blah, blah, blah.

Funny thing is very few folks that I have worked with seems to feel that way.

But hey, your entitled to your opinion, even if it is based on a lack of facts.

Have a great weekend.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 12-14-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    At least they are consistent.
    I have to give them that, and one of the most important traits in a person, at least IMO, is consistency.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 12-14-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Ah, Ummers, on the radio. They key the mike and the first words out of their mouth are "Ah, Um" or a deadly silence. DON'T KEY THE MIKE UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY!
    And there are those that do just the opposite. You only catch the last couple of words of a sentence. You ask them to repeat and they do the same thing. You finally tell them to press the button before they talk and they get ****ed off. We don't have the issue on my paid dept., but it often happens on our rural vol. calls with other depts.

Forum Member

I dont think any of us have ever implied that we are "braver than anyone" however when someone flat out admits (in writing, on a national forum no less) that he would just keep driving by an accident with someone (the word child has been specifically used several times in fact) trapped in a vehicle on fire "because its his choice" as a disguise for his cowardism, well yes, he is going to get called a coward. We pound on him in the hopes that his poison will never affect the minds of the younger more impressionable crowd out there. Frankly, I'm embarrassed you are defending him.
    Yup, a coward.

And quite frankly the expectation that you seem to have regarding the fact that we must take risks all the time simply because we are firefighters, even when taking those risks has the potential to devesate a family financially, I consider quite irresponsible.

Yes, there are times when it is perfectly acceptable for an off-duty career or out-of-district volunteer member without the benefit of PPE, equipment, medical or wage protections not to act. It is also perfectly acceptable for them to choose not to act off-duty or out of area if they feel that the situation is over his/her head in terms of training and/or experience, and they feel that they could not carryout the rescue without significant physical harm to themselves.

The primary responsibility of any firefighter, career or volunteer, is the well being of thier family, and if they come across a situation, no matter how severe, where they feel that acting may create problems for thier family, they damn sure have the right to choose not to act without being judged by others. To expect them to act simply because they are firefighters ignores the fact that often they have responsibilities to thier famalies that are far greater than the responsibility you seem to feel they have towards the public.

And yes, if I ran acorss that situation today, and did not have PPE in my vehicle, even though I am now covered by my state's Civil Service sick time policy for off-duty injuries (at the time of the original post I was not career and had no sick time protection under LA Workman's Comp as a volunteer/part-time member), I would likely not act as the potential cost to my family could be devasating.

If you consider that cowardice, have at it. I consider it acting responsibly and taking care of your family first. And every member has that right.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 12-14-2012 at 11:45 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Damn Children! Can we not play nice for at least one thread? You two go and stand in the corner until you can be adult. (Don't worry - we will celebrate your birthdays while you are in the corner - I realize it will take a while)
    bcjack likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    Damn Children! Can we not play nice for at least one thread? You two go and stand in the corner until you can be adult. (Don't worry - we will celebrate your birthdays while you are in the corner - I realize it will take a while)
    Do we still get our cake while we are in the corner?

Forum Member

My biggest pet peeve is when somebody calls somebody else stupid because he or she does not know any better. If you have made an effort to show them how to do it the right way and they still continue to mess up e or incapable of learning then they are ignorant not stupid.
    Do not let the ghosts of our fallen brothers gaze upon you and ask " What have you done to my profession?" FTB DTRT EGH

Forum Member

I'm being punished for telling the truth?

Forum Member

Apparently...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

No. You're being asked politely by those of us who are SICK of the LA Bashing to back off. I AM NOT DEFENDING LA (and I assume I can say the same for LVFD)!

IT just it gets ****ing OLD when every thread takes the exact same turn. I swear, the quotes and arguments are verbatim every thread. YOU'RE NOT GOING TO CHANGE HIS MIND, AND HE'S NOT GOING TO CHANGE YOURS. Unless there's something "new" brought up....can we PLEASE maybe avoid this?!

LA thinks he's right. Most of us think he's wrong. Nothing is going to make that change....I promise.

Rant off.
    Last edited by ATFDFF; 12-15-2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    FF715MRFD, bcjack and Miller337 like this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah, right. And no matter how much you ask, I WONT give you a spanking.

I have no room for LAwannabeeFire. He IMHO is a useless for anything other than a hanger to hang the uniform on.

But after a point, it is like picking on the kid on the short bus.

Forum Member

Yeah, right. And no matter how much you ask, I WONT give you a spanking.
    If I say please can you get Snowball to give me that spanking????

Forum Member

If I say please can you get Snowball to give me that spanking????
    I think that may defeat the entire idea of using corporal punishment to regain control of the situation. I.E. If you like it, its not really a punishment.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread Information