Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: AFG Cost Allowances 2012

MembersZone Subscriber

Default AFG Cost Allowances 2012

Now that awards are slowlllllllly moving, it's time to develope a cost allowance sheet. Attached is the copy for 2012. This year the highest figure for a particular item will be posted. So as you are awarded could you please provide info to update the database. Remember, we are looking at a Spring grant period for 2013 AFG. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heart Monitors $26,794 per monitor
    Jeff

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks EMT6126.

Here's the updated list.

Forum Member

If that was 12 leads then we had one at $33,250 total request, TICs were coming through at $9,000. PPE head to toe was pretty consistent at $2400, add $100 for personal flashlights.

Station compressors were reduced to $40k total, but there were allowances for installation and shipping where needed. Only had one request that for $3,000 since they needed upgraded electrical services and additional breakers, but they got it.

Forum Member

4" Supply Line 100' sections $575 each
    4" Supply 50' $350 each
    2 1/2" attack line $235 each

Yes it was twelve lead, Zolls
    Jeff

Forum Member

May have been higher because of the warranty, extra batteries, and other options that were on them. Those are all eligible, on some products those service plans are worth it.
    islandfire03 likes this.

Forum Member

Awarded today for a SCBA cascade compressor/fill station. $50k with 5% cost share

MembersZone Subscriber

Here is the updated list as of today.

Forum Member

Was award 2 TIC at $9600 per Camera

Forum Member

I have an 1199 for this years grant for two power cots. My budget was for two units at 15,000 each. for a total of 30,000. I noticed my budget has been changed to a total of 14,000 but the budget still calls for two units. Not possible. is this a mistake. I understand if they reduced me to one unit. But the grant still shows two units. What does this mean?

Sounds like thats all they are going to allow for your project is 14k. You can appeal the amount alloted. Good luck
    Jeff

When did you find the 1199?

Forum Member

about two weeks ago when the 1199 for 2012 showed up. I know this is not a sure thing we are getting a grant. My concern is they are not reducing the number of units we asked for. I thought the match was 5 percent. I cannot afford an additional 7 grand per power cot my request was for 15000 per unit. they will only give 7,000. they need to change the quantity to just one. this makes no sense.
    Last edited by safeplace; 12-26-2012 at 12:39 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by safeplace View Post
    about two weeks ago when the 1199 for 2012 showed up. I know this is not a sure thing we are getting a grant. My concern is they are not reducing the number of units we asked for. I thought the match was 5 percent. I cannot afford an additional 7 grand per power cot my request was for 15000 per unit. they will only give 7,000. they need to change the quantity to just one. this makes no sense.
    There really isn't any thing you can do until you recieve the official award letter. Once you do review it carefully for the actual reduction whether price, quantity or both. Do not "Accept" or "Reject" the award, but appeal first. Just be prepared with documentation to justify your original request.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Updated List

Attached is the updated list as of today.

Forum Member

safeplace, you may also be getting reduced to regular cots not power cots. Seen that happen before also, where the case for new cots was made but the jump to power cots and the extra cost for those wasn't. Could have been an overlook on their part to reduce you to 1 instead of 2 while also changing the price. Typos happen.

Forum Member

BC79er. I without a doubt agree this has happened. but why would they just not reject your request for power cots? I am hoping it is a number typo. when do I say something? wait to be awarded first? thanks for your help.

Forum Member

Peer has the flexibility to recommend a compatible item where they exist, such as reducing SCBA from 60min cylinders down to 45min or 30min if the extra cost/capacity argument wasn't made. Could even be where a BLS level program asks for 12 leads wanting the AED features with the possible expansion to ALS down the road. If the need for AEDs was made then they could recommend plain AEDs for a few grand versus the $30k most likely requested, mainly because only ALS certified can request ALS equipment. In most cases the request is just denied, but sometimes they do see overall need and fund less which might be the case in yours.

Sometimes discussions start before the official award, but since they changed the format most are after the award. Once it happens in the View Award Package link there will be a few lines about the reduction and who to contact about it. It's one of the first few sections, can't remember which for sure but it's right under the buttons to accept or reject the award.

Which is a reminder for everyone too, all awards must be accepted within 30 days even if there were no reductions. They weren't real tight on this last year since it was new, but expect it to get tighter, i.e. them pulling awards back if not accepted within 30 days.

18 full sets of PPE $2,486 awarded 12-28-2012
    Jeff

Thread Information