+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: You have to love the inconsitent Moderation of this place...

Forum Member

End of year confession.. I use the F Word like a comma.. Happy new year everybody
    FyredUp likes this.
    Do not let the ghosts of our fallen brothers gaze upon you and ask " What have you done to my profession?" FTB DTRT EGH

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    Mod squad ----
    The original "mod squad"...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyRescueTech View Post
    hate to bottomline it, but the forums are free, and no one is forcing you be there. If you don't like how the mods do things here, you can always leave. It's their sandbox to rule as they choose.

it does annoy me with the inconstancy, but I'm not going to stress it. and I can always find another forum to frequent if it does bother me that much.
    If your post is an attempt to school me may I suggest you reread my original post starting this very topic. To save you having to go find it I am reposting it here for you. Please note the red highlighted areas:

The "Pet Peeve" topic was for the most part a good natured exchange of pet peeves. With a few guys chastising one for some LA bashing it got little off track. But "BOOM!" that gets locked down pretty quick.

On the other hand we can have people in here reeking havoc with personal attacks and the constant use of profanity with repeated reports of that activity go unanswered for days or even weeks at times.

YES, I understand they own this site. YES, I understand they can do as they please. But being the suspicious guy that I am I can't help but wonder if the post count has more to do with something getting locked down than the activity. These sites run on post count, they sell advertising based on post count, and obviously controversial topics increase post count. I believe sometimes topics only get shut down when enough of the regulars that keep this site alive say ENOUGH ALREADY, shut this down.

Merry Christmas...
    I hope you had a Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by FyredUp; 12-26-2012 at 11:56 AM.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by IronValor View Post
    End of year confession.. I use the F Word like a comma.. Happy new year everybody
    The F-word is possibly the most versatlie word in the English languauge. It can express pleasure, pain, shock, surprise, anger, resignation, joy, frustration, disgust, a friendly greeting, and so much more.
    Last edited by FyredUp; 12-26-2012 at 07:48 PM.
    Chenzo and RyanK63 like this.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    The F-word is possibly the most versatlie word in the English languauge. It can express pleasure, pain, shock, surprise, anger, resignation, joy, frsutration, disgust, a friendly greeting, and so much more.
    I concur!!!!

While the use of the F-Bomb it is frowned upon on the fireground.... sometimes it has to be used for emphasis in conjunction with the evacuation signal!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Picc.93Truck View Post
    Hey, Hey... hey... If i was a mod i'd lock this thread... You guys fight like Women...

Stop it, or I will hit you with my purse!

Forum Member

you think this thread from the webteam is applicable as much today as it was when it was first posted? http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t40228/ (The Forums & Moderation (and In Moderation))
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345

Thread Information