+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: You have to love the inconsitent Moderation of this place...

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Default You have to love the inconsitent Moderation of this place...

The "Pet Peeve" topic was for the most part a good natured exchange of pet peeves. With a few guys chastising one for some LA bashing it got little off track. But "BOOM!" that gets locked down pretty quick.

On the other hand we can have people in here reeking havoc with personal attacks and the constant use of profanity with repeated reports of that activity go unanswered for days or even weeks at times.

YES, I understand they own this site. YES, I understand they can do as they please. But being the suspicious guy that I am I can't help but wonder if the post count has more to do with something getting locked down than the activity. These sites run on post count, they sell advertising based on post count, and obviously controversial topics increase post count. I believe sometimes topics only get shut down when enough of the regulars that keep this site alive say ENOUGH ALREADY, shut this down.

Merry Christmas...
    Picc.93Truck likes this.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

I just noted that faux firefighter LAFE (rhymes with taffy) replied to my remarks.

Sadly the thread was locked before I could respond to him, but FWDbuff took the words out of my mouth when LAFE (rhymes with taffy) asked me to prove he is not nor ever was a firefighter.

He doesnt have to. You do every time you post.
    Thank you FB. Couldn't have said it better.

One has to love how LAFE (rhymes with taffy) only reinforced this belief in yet another long winded diatribe about why he would just keep driving past a car fire where victims were being bar-b-cued. One can't buy that type of self awareness being displayed in a forum accessible to the entire world.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I just noted that faux firefighter LAFE (rhymes with taffy) replied to my remarks.
    Your initial remark did not drop any names, how could he even assume it was directed at him?

I know....it was SCIENCE!!!
    IAFF

Forum Member

All I want to know if this means if I am gypped out of my spanking from Snowball?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post

Sadly the thread was locked before I could respond to him, but FWDbuff took the words out of my mouth when LAFE (rhymes with taffy) asked me to prove he is not nor ever was a firefighter.

And again, prove I am not a firefighter. You are the one making that claim.

I am waiting for your proof.

As far as the pet peeve thread, you were the one that, once again, again decided to make comments directed at me that derailed it. Comments that you cannot prove.

Thank you FB. Couldn't have said it better.

One has to love how LAFE (rhymes with taffy) only reinforced this belief in yet another long winded diatribe about why he would just keep driving past a car fire where victims were being bar-b-cued. One can't buy that type of self awareness being displayed in a forum accessible to the entire world.
    Yes, given that identical situation I would not act, nor would I have the expectation that any other career member or out of district member would act. That is their choice, complete with some very significant potential consequences that could very easily destroy their family. With those kind of potential consequences, that should never be an expectation that any one of us should ever have.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    All I want to know if this means if I am gypped out of my spanking from Snowball?
    You had me at "if", sugarpants...
    IAFF

Administrator

There were a number of complaints about the threads going off topic. After 40 some solid posts, the next 20 were spent pointing fingers as fellow forums users and derailing what was good topic.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Yes, given that identical situation I would not act, nor would I have the expectation that any other career member or out of district member would act. That is their choice, complete with some very significant potential consequences that could very easily destroy their family. With those kind of potential consequences, that should never be an expectation that any one of us should ever have.
    Let me be brutally blunt with you. I mean right in your face, no misunderstandings, clear as glass what I mean.

I don't give a single tinker's damn what you do. I don't care if you wear a TuTu and ballet slippers to a fire call. I don't care if you stand on the lawn and chastise every one that actually attempts to save lives and property when that is possible. I don't care that you actually believe that Pub Ed is more valuable than having highly skilled and trained firefighters at the ready. I don't care that YOU believe it is acceptable to drive by a car fire with a family in need trapped in a burning car and feel no sense of conscience to stop and help. I don't even care that you would stop firefighters from attempting to save you own family. You see to me you are the worst example of the all inclusive, safety Sally don't get a boo boo new generation of firefighter that will soon have every firefighter out on the front lawn in rehab wringing their hands over the loss of yet another house and the lives they refused to even try to save because there was fire in there.

I wish you would just go away, maybe even start your own forum where you could push the absolute BS that you pathetically believe in. Mostly, I wish you would just go away. But I know you won't, you are too much of a narcissist to walk away from the attention you get here. Even the negative attention feeds your pathological need for someone to pay attention to you.

I will continue to battle you at every turn when you post the damaging nonsense you post. I refuse to let you and your overly motherly safety BS to take the proud tradition of the fire service and decimate it. Further your inability to understand that we are not suicidal, Banzai charging lunatics, but highly skilled, highly trained firefighters that can choose "GO, NO GO" as an option not a mandated order at every incident with flames showing.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

And again, prove I am not a firefighter. You are the one making that claim.

I am waiting for your proof.

As far as the pet peeve thread, you were the one that, once again, again decided to make comments directed at me that derailed it. Comments that you cannot prove.
    FWDBuff provided the proper statement. Your own writings prove that you have never been or are a firefighter.

See above response.

I would expect an individual trained in emergency response would at least stop and attempt a rescue effort. Your mindset is to blithely write them off casually and keep driving leaving them to their own fate of incineration. A firefighter wouldn't do that. Hence my belief.
    Last edited by scfire86; 12-17-2012 at 12:07 AM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by webteam View Post
    There were a number of complaints about the threads going off topic. After 40 some solid posts, the next 20 were spent pointing fingers as fellow forums users and derailing what was good topic.
    Explain how you so quickly jumped on Pet Peeves topic and yet you let Junior go on for days and days with attacks, insults and profanity before you took action. My issue is the absolutely ridiculous inconsistency in the way you close topics or ban or suspend members.
    rm1524 likes this.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    My issue is the absolutely ridiculous inconsistency in the way you close topics or ban or suspend members.
    Precisely. I reported a post in the Federal Firefighters Forums months ago and am still waiting for it to be deleted or locked. Why the inconsistency Webteam? Why the inconsistency after all these years complaining that you suck?
    rm1524 likes this.

Forum Member

Let me be brutally blunt with you. I mean right in your face, no misunderstandings, clear as glass what I mean.

I don't give a single tinker's damn what you do. I don't care if you wear a TuTu and ballet slippers to a fire call. I don't care if you stand on the lawn and chastise every one that actually attempts to save lives and property when that is possible. I don't care that you actually believe that Pub Ed is more valuable than having highly skilled and trained firefighters at the ready. I don't care that YOU believe it is acceptable to drive by a car fire with a family in need trapped in a burning car and feel no sense of conscience to stop and help. I don't even care that you would stop firefighters from attempting to save you own family. You see to me you are the worst example of the all inclusive, safety Sally don't get a boo boo new generation of firefighter that will soon have every firefighter out on the front lawn in rehab wringing their hands over the loss of yet another house and the lives they refused to even try to save because there was fire in there.

I wish you would just go away, maybe even start your own forum where you could push the absolute BS that you pathetically believe in. Mostly, I wish you would just go away. But I know you won't, you are too much of a narcissist to walk away from the attention you get here. Even the negative attention feeds your pathological need for someone to pay attention to you.

I will continue to battle you at every turn when you post the damaging nonsense you post. I refuse to let you and your overly motherly safety BS to take the proud tradition of the fire service and decimate it. Further your inability to understand that we are not suicidal, Banzai charging lunatics, but highly skilled, highly trained firefighters that can choose "GO, NO GO" as an option not a mandated order at every incident with flames showing.
    And once again, you completely mischaracterized what I have said, but hey, that's cool.

Happy Holidays.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Forum Member

Your entire post deserves a hand shake, thank you, and a beer.
    "If it was easy, someone else would of done it already." - Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

- Firefighter 1 / HAZMAT Ops / EMT-B

Forum Member

When it comes to moderation here... the only thing that is consistent is inconsistency. The "I am getiing a pager" profanity laced thread was allowed to go on and on until it was finally shut down.

I am not innocent.. I have been known to drop a few choice variations when it is necessary to get a point across. I have also been placed in "the time out corner", as well as FWDBuff, FyredUp and others while some posters who should be placed in time out were allowed to continue.

This site has lost a good number of people who love and care about the job... and if they keep it up they may lose many more...
    Last edited by DeputyChiefGonzo; 12-16-2012 at 11:27 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    rm1524 likes this.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

And once again, you completely mischaracterized what I have said, but hey, that's cool.
    Is it really a case of him mischaracterizing what you have said or is it just another case of you not being able to clearly state your position, belief, opinion, thought, etc. and then accusing someone else of twisting your words or mischaracterizing what you wrote?

Forum Member

I think you are missing the point --- the web team locked it , not because of the LA "bashing" , but because it had regressed to grown men wanting to spank each other. Im sure somewhere out there there is a forum for that ------ just not here.
    ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    I think you are missing the point --- the web team locked it , not because of the LA "bashing" , but because it had regressed to grown men wanting to spank each other. Im sure somewhere out there there is a forum for that ------ just not here.
    How about here? world-spanking-sites.com
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

You're an idiot. And you suck at moderating a forum. There was a poster wishing people death, and swearing left and right at other members, but that thread continued on.

You've been caught by the post count argument. That's the only logical explanation left. Fess up, and get it over with. Then we will all at least have confirmation from YOU as to why your webteam sucks the big D at moderating a forum.
    Last edited by Chenzo; 12-17-2012 at 04:25 PM.
    "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Forum Member

I'm no angel here by any definition of the word in here with both my mouth and my intentions sometimes, however does it really frikken matter what it was shut down for? It should have been shut down a few days ago- and as mentioned there have been multiple threads that should have been shut down days and sometimes even weeks before they were.

Gonzo is absolutely correct- the only thing that is consistent is the inconsistency.

I am FB friends with someone way high up in the Firehouse Magazine food chain- I don't know if management or administration of FH.com falls under his chain of command, but maybe I'll send him a FB message and ask- at the very least I am sure he could point me in the right direction so as to file grievances over the Webteam's using the "shotgun" approach when they do manage to do some monitoring.
    Last edited by FWDbuff; 12-16-2012 at 11:34 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

I call BS. Maybe LAFE complained, but I can't see a "number" of complaints unless it was 1 or 2 for a number.

All everyone is asking for is EVEN moderation.

Forum Member

Hey! Easy now Reverend, it was just a simple spanking request. Not a naked hookup at Big Gay Al's highway rest stop with a reach around.....
    RyanK63 likes this.
    IAFF

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    Hey! Easy now Reverend, it was just a simple spanking request. Not a naked hookup at Big Gay Al's highway rest stop with a reach around.....

Wow. I never knew that place was a chain!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    I call BS. Maybe LAFE complained, but I can't see a "number" of complaints unless it was 1 or 2 for a number.

All everyone is asking for is EVEN moderation.
    I completely agree.

You cannot honestly tell me that the Pet Peeve thread received such numerous complaints that it warranted an immediate action, as opposed to the Mr. D thread. A thread which devolved into mayhem significantly quicker and to a MUCH further extent....and it went on for (just going off memory, don't quote me) about 48 hours.

Forum Member

I can see the "webteam" locking this topic in about a day or two. lol
    "If it was easy, someone else would of done it already." - Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

- Firefighter 1 / HAZMAT Ops / EMT-B

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    I thought Big Gay Al's place was for "animals" ---- hmm -ok -Ok -so the big debate is -receiving a spanking---should you wear bunker pants - or pull up boots ?
    ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last

Thread Information