Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Dallas Fire Rescue - 2013

Forum Member

Anyone from the second class get a call yet or find out what their rank was?

Forum Member

Haven't gotten a call either, still waiting. I did hear that scores were due by today. You think they're still ranking 1-80, or is it two separate rankings of 1-40? Also I interviewed 9/24, and have a few certs, emt-p, fire 2, etc.
    Last edited by Dh; 10-04-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Forum Member

still nothing on my end

Forum Member

Me either.

Forum Member

Nothing here either. I also interviewed at the end of the month. I was told yesterday they had the top 80 picked and today I was told they only have the first 40 set! Different recruiters are saying different things lol idk

Forum Member

Got a call about 3:30 asking why I haven't came by and picked up my fingerprint card and packet. Which I already did on Tuesday. She looked it and and saw that I did turn my stuff in and told me to come by on Monday to sign my paper, get fitted for gear and uniforms! Can't wait till Monday! I'll try to ask around when I go up there to see if I can get a little insight on how they are gonna continue the process for y'all that haven't been called yet. Keep that phone on ya, never know when it might be the call!

Forum Member

just curious, did any of you guys take the fire prevention officer trainee test for dallas too? it was back in march or april i think

Forum Member

Nope, sure didn't.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by achinca1985 View Post
    just curious, did any of you guys take the fire prevention officer trainee test for dallas too? it was back in march or april i think
    You know that is a separate track, you cannot bounce to operations from it.

You have to go through the hiring process

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hejl12 View Post
    Got a call about 3:30 asking why I haven't came by and picked up my fingerprint card and packet. Which I already did on Tuesday. She looked it and and saw that I did turn my stuff in and told me to come by on Monday to sign my paper, get fitted for gear and uniforms! Can't wait till Monday! I'll try to ask around when I go up there to see if I can get a little insight on how they are gonna continue the process for y'all that haven't been called yet. Keep that phone on ya, never know when it might be the call!

If they are doing a class in the future, they normally try to process the first class before messing to much with the future class

Forum Member

So has anyone been called that interviewed at the end of the month? I called the recruiters and they said they already have the top 80 ,BUT are still calculating the rest of the interviews ??? Anyone heard anything else ?

Forum Member

I interviewed the 25th of Sept - Nothing yet but staying positive.. were you able to get your rank?

Forum Member

No rank bc they are still grading our interviews .... And they already have the top 80. Doesn't make sense

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Recio30 View Post
    No rank bc they are still grading our interviews .... And they already have the top 80. Doesn't make sense
    3rd class??

Forum Member

I don't understand how they got the ranks and say they are still grading interviews.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fire49 View Post
    3rd class??
    That would be nice. If so

Forum Member

Tttttttttttttt
    Last edited by Dh; 10-07-2013 at 07:22 PM.
    Cdoza likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dh View Post
    I think this may help. I just called and got my rank, its within the 80, but not the first class. The recruiter said that some people are changing their minds and not accepting jobs (yes it's true) so they are re-ranking people. So the 80 are chosen already, but more people are moving up. So it makes sense that they have 80 chosen but are still ranking people. I was told I'd be in the April class but still find it unbelievable, I've been testing for 8 years.
    Should have got ff certified if you not and paramedic in those eight years

Forum Member

I think this may help. I just called and got my rank, its within the 80, but not the first class. The recruiter said that some people are changing their minds and not accepting jobs (yes it's true) so they are re-ranking people. So the 80 are chosen already, but more people are moving up. So it makes sense that they have 80 chosen but are still ranking people. I was told I'd be in the April class but still find it unbelievable, I've been testing for 8 years.
    Congrats man! I've been testing for 2 and hoping to slide into the April class. But thanks for the update.
    Cdoza likes this.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=fire49;1385704]Should have got ff certified if you not and paramedic in those eight

Ttttttttttttt
    Last edited by Dh; 10-07-2013 at 07:23 PM.

Forum Member

Tttttttttyttt
    Last edited by Dh; 10-07-2013 at 07:23 PM.

Forum Member

Went in this morning to get uniforms and stuff, they said they still haven't recieved our drug test and backgrounds back but as soon as they do they will be sending out our official employment papers. So far it's just a conditional job offer pending results. Congrats to all that are in and you never know if you haven't got a call that some people might fall out do to the drug/physical/background check
    probie27 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Recio30 View Post
    Congrats man! I've been testing for 2 and hoping to slide into the April class. But thanks for the update.
    Sure no prob

Forum Member

I did, I have both and a BA
    So are you on a dept now?

Forum Member

Hey I'm in another process waiting on my physical results/drug test to come back..how long have you waited for yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Hejl12 View Post
    Went in this morning to get uniforms and stuff, they said they still haven't recieved our drug test and backgrounds back but as soon as they do they will be sending out our official employment papers. So far it's just a conditional job offer pending results. Congrats to all that are in and you never know if you haven't got a call that some people might fall out do to the drug/physical/background check

Thread Information