Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Dallas Fire Rescue - 2013

Forum Member

Well i am number 105 so didnt make it, small chance i could still make it if enough people drop out but not going to hold my breath. congrats to you guys that made it.

Forum Member

Has anyone been able to pick up their official congratulations letter today?!! Congratulations to everyone, I can't wait to meet you all and go on this amazing adventure! I picked my letter up yesterday!

Forum Member

I got the call yesterday and picked up my letter today. Going on Monday to turn in all paper work to HR and get my gear on Monday.

Forum Member

@achinca1985 Did you attend the CPAT mentoring program?

Forum Member

I called yesterday and they told me my congratulations letter was ready and I could pick it up and sign my papers. Went up there and they had me sign my letter of employment. Also they gave me a big packet of papers to fill out, insurance, direct deposit, w-4, etc. The official letter is also included which is needed to pick up uniforms. Will do that first thing next week along with turning in all the paper work at city hall. They said that they ate still uncertain if enough certified people will be available to make a fast track, will find out on first day of class, which is the 6th of nov. Officially turned in my two week notice and ready for this new and exciting opportunity! Good luck to all!!

Forum Member

no but ive done the cpat 4 times, and i had a pretty decent time, it was around 8 and half mins or something like that.

Forum Member

Did everyone with a ranking over 40 have to call to get their score? I called them the 14th to get my rank and they really didnt give me any details other than my final ranking and that they would be contacting me in the future. Is this basically what everyone ranked over 40 had been hearing?

Forum Member

yeah as far i can tell no one over 40 got a call, they all called in to see where they were ranked

Forum Member

In the past they have tried to get the first class processed before they worry about the next one

Forum Member

Had to call and get my rank . Wich is between 40-80
    They said hold tight and I will be in feb-march class . To wait for them to contact me . So basically they gave me my rank said I was in the 2nd class. Just to work on cardio . And wait for further instruction. I haven't heard anything since then .

Forum Member

Congrats to everyone! I was wondering if anyone in the class starting in a couple weeks would like to meet up? I'm in west fort worth right now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by para1 View Post
    Congrats to everyone! I was wondering if anyone in the class starting in a couple weeks would like to meet up? I'm in west fort worth right now.
    Para1 I am in keller. We could meet up if you want. PM me and we can figure something out. Going to be long drives everday from FT worth to Dallas, but definitly worth it. I have been trying for seven years to get on a department. Persistance and hard work paysoff. To the ones who didn't make it this round, keep at it. I have been close so many times. Don't give up if it is what you truly want.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dedication View Post
    Para1 I am in keller. We could meet up if you want. PM me and we can figure something out. Going to be long drives everday from FT worth to Dallas, but definitly worth it. I have been trying for seven years to get on a department. Persistance and hard work paysoff. To the ones who didn't make it this round, keep at it. I have been close so many times. Don't give up if it is what you truly want.
    Dedication, I have been trying for 7 or 8 years as well!! Here is my number 7023002741. Text me and will figure something out!

Forum Member

Dedication, I have been trying for 7 or 8 years as well!! Here is my number 7023002741. Text me and will figure something out!
    So why not get certified by now and get on a dept may not be dallas but plenty of good ones in DFW

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fire49 View Post
    So why not get certified by now and get on a dept may not be dallas but plenty of good ones in DFW
    I have been paramedic certified for 5 plus years with numerous other fire and instructor certs. I wanted to be on a big department and still be able to use medic skills.

Forum Member

I have been paramedic certified for 5 plus years with numerous other fire and instructor certs. I wanted to be on a big department and still be able to use medic skills.
    fire 49 are you working for DFD currently?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fire49 View Post
    Yes and no
    Have not been in operations in over 27 yrs do other FD things
    That's a no

Forum Member

Ok are you on a dept now?

Forum Member

Fire49, you sure have a lot of advice to give and opinions to spew for not being on the job.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by shmanky808 View Post
    Fire49, you sure have a lot of advice to give and opinions to spew for not being on the job.
    I am just not in operations

Thread Information