Cimarron Hills Fire Department
1835 Tuskegee Place Colorado Springs, CO. 80915 Office: (719) 591-0960 Fax: (719) 591-0996
Posting Date: December 17, 2012
Beginning December 17, 2012 at 9:00 am, the Cimarron Hills Fire Department (CHFD) will be accepting applications and resumes for the position of Driver/Engineer. The CHFD Driver/Engineer position is a full-time, operational position, traditionally assigned to a “48-96” shift work schedule.
The minimum qualifications an applicant must meet at time of application are to be 21 years of age, possess, or be eligible to obtain within 30 days of hire to the position, and maintain a valid Colorado Driver’s License, possess a high school diploma or GED, accredited Firefighter II certification, accredited Hazardous Materials Operations certification, Colorado State Emergency Medical Technician-Basic certification, accredited Driver/Operator Pumper certification, and accredited Driver/Operator Aerial certification.
Selected candidates must obtain NIMS 100, 200, 700, and 800, NWCG S130/190, and a current Red Card- Arduous, and Colorado State Emergency Medical Technician-Basic IV certification within one year of hire.
Further desirable qualifications can be found in the position description.
Candidates will be required to complete a testing process, which may include:
• Interview to include value and character exercises and judgment assessments.
• Driving, pumping, aerial operations, and vehicle maintenance assessment.
• CHFD Hydraulic Calculation assessment.
• Written examination to include the below mentioned documents.
• Wildland Pack Test.
• Firefighter and EMT skills assessment.
The testing process will be held on February 12, 13, and 14, 2013. (Candidates must attend all dates)
The testing process may include, but is not limited to, information from the following sources:
• Pumping Apparatus Driver/Operator Handbook, 2nd Edition, International Fire Service Training Association (IFSTA)
• Aerial Apparatus Driver/Operator Handbook, 2nd Edition, IFSTA
• Colorado Division of Fire Prevention and Control Job Performance Requirement Sheets for Firefighter I
• National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians Job Performance Requirement Sheets for EMT-Basic
• Select CHFD Standard Operating Procedures, Policies, Forms, and Tactical Operations Manual Items
• The CHFD Position Description for Driver/Engineer, 12/17/2012 Version
The Cimarron Hills Fire Department Driver/Engineer position salary for 2013 is $46,255.30 to $53,012.70 in addition to a lucrative benefit package and applicable certification add-on stipends. Further benefit and salary information, as well as a position description is available by request.
Select examination preparation materials are available upon application submission.
The position(s) will remain open until filled, however the deadline for submitting first round applications and resumes is January 31, 2013 at 5:00 pm at the Cimarron Hills Fire Department Headquarters located at 1835 Tuskegee Place, Colorado Springs, CO. 80915. This process and employment is “at-will,” with no employment offer guarantee. The CHFD may use the results of this process for the establishment of other position opportunities in the future.
Please visit our website at www.cimarronhillsfire.org for more information and an application. If you have further questions please feel free to contact the Cimarron Hills Fire Protection District at (719) 591-0960.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
12-22-2012, 09:06 PM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
Cimarron Hills Hiring DRIVER ENGINEER
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By FireCO in forum Hiring & Employment DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-22-2012, 09:04 PM
By FireCO in forum Hiring & Employment DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-02-2012, 02:09 AM
By FIRERN2 in forum Career AdvancementReplies: 2Last Post: 08-30-2009, 12:51 AM
By WTFD10 in forum Volunteer ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 04-18-2004, 04:13 AM