+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes
  • 9 Post By krewmoney77
  • 1 Post By vegajuarez
  • 1 Post By CaptBob

Thread: I Finally Made It!!!

Forum Member

Default I Finally Made It!!!

After 4 long years and attempting to land my dream job during one of the toughest economic times and going through many tests and getting many "thanks, but no thanks" replies from different departments; I can finally say that I landed my dream career for my dream department here in Arizona! I definitely owe a huge thanks to this website and the men and woman here who are currently in the fire service and those who were/are pursuing the same goal as myself. I purchased and utilized all the information I could from Captain Bob's books and DVD's, along with Chief Lepore's books and all of the free information from this website that they and others share. Between those books and this forum, there's so much invaluable information and tips and advice from individuals here who were in the same seat as every other inspiring firefighter here at one time. All areas of advice from what to wear, resume help, to ways of tackling difficult interview questions.

Another huge help and motivator for myself was reading of others who were in similar situations as me and finally landing their dream career somewhere. Best advice they gave was just never giving up. If it's truly a dream career for you, you just continue to better yourself until it finally pays off. I truly believe that the only way you won't get hired somewhere is if you quit. Iím just an ordinary family guy with no family in the fire service. The whole process is a very humbling experience, but when you finally get that call, itís completely surreal and an amazing feeling of accomplishment. So again, thank you to everyone who contributes to this website and the advice they give from their experiences throughout their careers. Itís all information that truly kept me motivated and helped me to better myself as a candidate for each test and interview I got. Best of luck to everyone on your career pursuit and just continue to press forward and stay ambitious!

Forum Member

What a great success story! Congratulations on getting hired!!

No better form of motivation than seeing others succeed. Now what does your family think about this shift in career?
    krewmoney77 likes this.

Forum Member

Congrats man! Stuff like this helps keep the rest of us motivated. I sent you a PM but not sure if it went through. Curious where you got picked up but wouldn't blame you for keeping quiet. Best of luck though - if you got hired where I think you did, your academy is coming up pretty soon!!!

Forum Member

Thank you very much! I got your message and messaged you back. I'm not sure either if mine went through or not.

@VegaJuarez - My family's ecstatic! They went through all the ups and downs with me as well. I'm sure many of you are aware of how much it sucks to get excited about a department hiring, you test, you get an interview and then you have to pass on the bad news that you didn't get selected. Then you start allllll over again. I went through that plenty of times. So, I couldn't wait to finally tell them the news.
    Last edited by krewmoney77; 12-27-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Forum Member

Welcome to the fire service. There is nothing like getting the call.
    krewmoney77 likes this.
    ______________________________ _______________

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Forum Member

Thank you sir!

C41
    Forum Member

First off congratulations! This is something I really needed to hear right now-I've been testing for almost four years and just got passed over, yet again, by a city department. I'm extremely discouraged at this point, but the success stories help.

Forum Member

Congratulations. Welcome aboard. All of your hard work has paid off. Keep your head down and work hard. I wish you the best!!!!
    Paul Lepore
    Division Chief
    Aspiringfirefighters.com
    AspiringFireOfficers.com

Thread Information