Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: City of Los Angeles 2013

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bubba1322 View Post
    I dont think there is any number around 600 people. Not sure where you got that number but o well. The problem was that there was so many people submitting right at 8am that it probably overloaded the system. I called the City and there is no information that anybody can provide on anything. Its just a waiting game at this point. Everything is in GOD's hands and The city of LA. Everything piece of information is kept at For Knox right now
    I'm right there with you. Submitted mine at 8:01 this morning and got nothing, resubmitted about 10 minutes ago and got one. A bit of a bummer, but still keeping my hopes high! Now to hurry up and wait!

MembersZone Subscriber

For those that did not get a confirmation right away, I would resend it. I sent mine at 8:01am according to the time on my laptop and cell phone and did not receive anything. I then checked my sent mail folder and realized for some reason or another that it was sent as of 7:53am. Still don't know what happened but I ended up sending it again as of 8:33am and received a confirmation right away.

Forum Member

The 600 I'm referring to is the amount they're going to take for the first wave of interviews. I heard both 600 and 800 was going to be the cutoff for the first round and then they would process the rest as they needed to.

Forum Member

Default Cpat

Yeah the CPAT I took in colorado is IAFF certified... Hoping this is one they accept.

Sent my email at 8:01 and didn't receive confirmation until 10:10.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OnAMission23 View Post
    The 600 I'm referring to is the amount they're going to take for the first wave of interviews. I heard both 600 and 800 was going to be the cutoff for the first round and then they would process the rest as they needed to.
    I am still trying to understand where you heard that information from? I think its only fair to have credible information. The City of LA has kept everything piece of information behind lock and key at Fort Knox so far. So to say 600 to 800 people are moving forward is just hear-say so far unless you heard it right from The personal office at The City of LA or on lafd.org

Forum Member

The information I'm passing on is from members on the dept and straight from two gold badges on Saturday. As far as their credibility, that's for you to decide. I'm just passing on the information that was given to me. I will say that this info does align with every e-mail the city has sent out, they will take interviews based on their hiring needs.

Forum Member

I sent mine in at 8:01 and didn't get confirmation until 8:38. Hopefully the time I got confirmation doesn't dictate where I stand in the order received.

MembersZone Subscriber

In my opinion, with all the trouble that a lot of people are having in regards to submitting their CPAT, I think a lot of us will be ok and will get an interview in the first round. Stay positive and continue prepping for the next step. By the way, I received my confirmation at 8:39am.

Forum Member

This whole "600" thing makes me ill. I sent mine at 8:01...didn't get a confirmation, and sent it again at 9:15, when I then received confirmation. That would make me very disappointed if I didn't make the cut, when I orginally sent it in the first minute.

I guess we'll see...

Forum Member

I heard people that sent in their CPAT multiple times will be disqualified and they will be taking 2300 to interviews.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by powerdef View Post
    I heard people that sent in their CPAT multiple times will be disqualified and they will be taking 2300 to interviews.
    Who did you hear this from?

Forum Member

All this "I heard" stuff is making my head spin.
    skitahoe and kvucinic like this.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Sweet, If we don't get a spot on the fire department, we can always fill potholes

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joe_carlos59 View Post
    This whole "600" thing makes me ill. I sent mine at 8:01...didn't get a confirmation, and sent it again at 9:15, when I then received confirmation. That would make me very disappointed if I didn't make the cut, when I orginally sent it in the first minute.

I guess we'll see...
    Yeah, did the same thing man! It sucks they weren't ready right at 8:00 am.

Forum Member

Dont worry about the numbers of people. Look when we are took the written exam did you see how many people there were in your session. There were roughly 3,000 people. My brain can not even comprehend that amount of people and then X that by 4. Look we are still in the game so go figure on how hard that written exam was. So to say that anybody has a better chance than others when it comes to either hand delivering it or emailing it for fax the information or double clicking on the mouse of your computer until the cows come home is crazy. Serious it is. Trust me to get an interview will be an oportunity that most people will never get. All you can do is do your best on what your situation is in your life and leave it up the The FIRE GODS and whoever is in outer space that we have no idea what it is. When you have un-god leeee amounts of people that want this career and the bad economic times that we are slowly pulling out of getting this career is like winning the lotto numbers and getting all of the numbers correct. Its a long-shot but the good thing is that we are all still in the game. At least we did not get a FAIL score and then left on the street to hitch-hike a way home........

Just a little thought for the day my brothers to be............

Forum Member

I completely agree. I'm grateful to still be in the process. We know the numbers are gonna start thinning out quickly. I haven't been this excited about something in a long while. Looking forward to meeting some of you in the future....

Forum Member

FROM JoinLAFDs Latest FB post:

The time you received your confirmation email at does not indicate in what order we received CPATs. If you submitted it at 8:00am and didn't hear back until after other candidates who submitted later than you, it does not matter, you will be logged as having submitted at 8:00am. You will not be disqualified, but please try not to give us duplicate emails in the future.

Forum Member

when i submitted mine in, i included my full name and social security number in the email content, you guys think that'll be ok?

Forum Member

Hope so, I did the same thing

Thread Information