Like Tree30Likes

Thread: City of Los Angeles 2013

Forum Member

Default Got a phone call

Got the call last Friday that I was moving on to medical psych. Have it next Tuesday!! Stoked. I heard if you've made it this far, you're pretty much hired! Don't screw it up.

If you've never taken a psych test before, there is a packet you can purchase on www.eatstress.com. If you've never been on that site before, Its pretty phenomenal.... After I got interview coached, I started getting hired everywhere I interviewed for, no joke. Anyways Good luck all, see you in the TOWER!!!!

Forum Member

Default Calls

Sounds like the calls have been made from the looks of this forum. Congrats to those who have moved on.

Any idea on whats next for those who have completed the field investigation but didn't receive a call? Probably expect a non-select letter in the mail, eh?

Forum Member

No, i think they are just overwhelmed with the sheer volume. Just be patient, they will get to you.

Forum Member

Got the call the other day.
    Med/psych on the 6th of November.
    I am an EMT by the way.
    I THINK that they're still going to be making calls for a while.....if I had to guess. Seems like they're calling 10-20 people at a time, or so.
    Hold tight, guys.

I did speak with HR and she said they will be making calls in the order that they got your stuff from the background department.

If anyone else is going to be there November 6th, come by and introduce yourself.

Forum Member

Well if that is the case, do any of you guys know around when your BI was completed?

Forum Member

My background was submitted on the 8th of this month, I was told it was still in the final review panel waiting for review, still no phone call.

Forum Member

Mine is also November 6th first thing in the am. my background was submitted in late September, according to my investigator mine was submitted the first week they began to review packets. He really pushed me and my neighbors the last few days so he could get it in early. That's just what he told me.

Forum Member

I see that they want to see body fat % proportional to weight and height. I was wondering if they check that and what % you need to have to pass.

Forum Member

I was wondering the same thing I didn't find anything on their website. LA counties website has some ratios for their hires, they might be similar to what city wants.

Forum Member

24% body fat

Forum Member

Anyone hear of any more phone calls or non-select letters going out?

Forum Member

No news here. I just know that a group of people (unknown number) have been selected to move on to the medical exam / psych test.

Where that leaves those who have completed their field investigation and haven't heard anything else, I don't know. "No news is good news" I guess!

Forum Member

Anybody hear of anybody getting non select letters at this point?

Forum Member

One of my buddies coworkers got one last Monday, non-selected for not enough life experience or something along those lines...I heard letters went out last week so if you haven't gotten one that's a good sign...But that's all speculation at this point, just have to keep on keeping on, the call will come!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OnAMission23 View Post
    One of my buddies coworkers got one last Monday, non-selected for not enough life experience or something along those lines...I heard letters went out last week so if you haven't gotten one that's a good sign...But that's all speculation at this point, just have to keep on keeping on, the call will come!
    That's for final panel? Or initial?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by themooingdawg View Post
    That's for final panel? Or initial?
    From what I gathered I was from the background supervisor...Once your investigator finishes your packet it get submitted to their supervisor who then decides if your packet will go onto final review or not...I'm not sure if he was non-selected there or at final panel, like I said it's a friend of a friend type deal, but I do know he got a non select letter last Monday for not enough life experience.

Forum Member

//////////
    Last edited by JL503; 10-29-2013 at 09:00 PM.

Forum Member

upallday where did you find that number of 24%? Im just curious I couldn't find it on their website.

Forum Member

I got the same percentage off the personnel website under the medical services tab. It was for police officers, though I'm sure everyone is held to the same standard.

New to this forum by the way. I have my med/psych on Nov 1.

Forum Member

When did your field investigation finish?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrg85 View Post
    When did your field investigation finish?
    I'm not sure but I think it was mid to end of September. That's when the last of my references were contacted.

Forum Member

Default Academy one starting date

Academy one, January 27th... Those that have begun backgrounds and not been contacted will be contacted in late December early January to finish processing and possibly be selected for academy two. Don't let yourselves get stressed out, you've all made it this far. I have met the drill master and was told that the department received funding for five(5) academies back to back. Academy 1 =70ppl 2=70ppl 3=70ppl 4&5 35 ppl each. Academies 3,4 and 5 may possibly be at the San Pedro drill tower. They will be pulling a majority of the candidates already in the process for the first three tower academies, so once again don't stress too much it's a long process, good luck everyone
    Rilley89 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire95 View Post
    Academy one, January 27th... Those that have begun backgrounds and not been contacted will be contacted in late December early January to finish processing and possibly be selected for academy two. Don't let yourselves get stressed out, you've all made it this far. I have met the drill master and was told that the department received funding for five(5) academies back to back. Academy 1 =70ppl 2=70ppl 3=70ppl 4&5 35 ppl each. Academies 3,4 and 5 may possibly be at the San Pedro drill tower. They will be pulling a majority of the candidates already in the process for the first three tower academies, so once again don't stress too much it's a long process, good luck everyone
    So they have already selected enough for the first academy? I cleared backgrounds on Monday. Does this mean I will only be considered for future academy's? I've also heard rumor that they are trying to hold two academy's starting in January. Is that just rumor?

Forum Member

That is what I want to know. Is the first group already selected?

Forum Member

would anyone who has taken the medical or takes it before November 6th shoot me a PM. I have a question about the hearing portion of the exam. thanks.

Thread Information