Like Tree30Likes

Thread: City of Los Angeles 2013

Forum Member

Med/psych was on October 29th, and my interview was on Nov. 13th......... interview was about an hour

Forum Member

I am looking to move close to the tower as well. mrg85@nau.edu

Forum Member

Just got scheduled for my psych interview today. Did most of you guys have one?

Forum Member

I had one. Its nothing to worry about. It was about an hour long

Forum Member

mrg85 check your email when you get a chance.

Forum Member

for all the people that has a tower date, can you pm me with your email address? trying to get something going on a list

Forum Member

Anyone know if they already called all 70 recruits for academy start dates? Thanks in advance!

Forum Member

Called yesterday. In. Congrats to all and prepare for jan 27

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Socalfire03 View Post
    Anyone know if they already called all 70 recruits for academy start dates? Thanks in advance!
    Heard there was about 18 that were still being sent out. That's from an internal source. Valid or not, not sure

Forum Member

Thanks for the response. So I'm guessing they've already called about 52 recruits if your source is correct.

Forum Member

Apparently, if accurate
    I'm coming from the cop side and heard from a bi about it.

Forum Member

Hey guys,

Anyone else pass their BI but still waiting on conditional? My appointment was 5 weeks ago tomorrow. I just want to gauge the possibility of being in the 2nd or 3rd academy at this point....

Forum Member

I too am in your same boat, oviera. Not quite sure where we stand...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by oviera View Post
    Hey guys,

Anyone else pass their BI but still waiting on conditional? My appointment was 5 weeks ago tomorrow. I just want to gauge the possibility of being in the 2nd or 3rd academy at this point....
    I did mine back in August and I didn't hear anything for about 8 to 9 weeks.

Forum Member

our packets with all the information regarding our orientation an everything are supposed to be going out in the mail today. Did anyone ask what the attire was for the fitting and id card? I assume suit and tie but wasn't sure since we are being fitted for ppe?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ramrod63 View Post
    our packets with all the information regarding our orientation an everything are supposed to be going out in the mail today. Did anyone ask what the attire was for the fitting and id card? I assume suit and tie but wasn't sure since we are being fitted for ppe?
    They said it was business casual.

Forum Member

Did my psych interview today. Hoping on a call sometime early next week. Has anyone heard whether or not January is at capacity yet? At this point, I'm expecting June will start getting filled.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireman1302 View Post
    Did my psych interview today. Hoping on a call sometime early next week. Has anyone heard whether or not January is at capacity yet? At this point, I'm expecting June will start getting filled.
    I know that they are being fitted for uniforms the 30th of this month. So I'm starting to assume they have there 70.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rilley89 View Post
    I did mine back in August and I didn't hear anything for about 8 to 9 weeks.
    Okay, thanks. That's about the time frame I've been hearing. FFB0519, thanks for the reply. I'm at least glad there are others....

Forum Member

To those who have done psych interviews, what does it consist of exactly? I'm not seeing an informative post on it yet; if anyone has already written something though, my apologies.

Congratulations to everyone so far.

Forum Member

Oviera, I know a few guys who did not get BI's initially and are now getting calls to begin their field investigation. I am assuming we won't hear anything until they are completed with that. Not to mention, there appears to be a number of people who already received conditionals and were not selected for the January academy.

Forum Member

I did my psych interview yesterday, and I asked why some people were chosen while others weren't. She said that I specifically was chosen for one because of a few reasons. Primarily, I got jumped a few weeks back and filed a police report and talked to my BI about it, so she wanted to see how I was affected by it. I also said on the psych test that I've seen a traumatic traffic accident and a dead body, and she wanted to ask me about those. The last two were because of my EMT job. It was pretty relaxed, and my interviewer was very cool and professional. She also asked about my relationship history, my family history, my college experience, how I did in school and what I liked and disliked about it, my drinking habits, drug experience. Pretty standard. Hope that helps.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFB0519 View Post
    Oviera, I know a few guys who did not get BI's initially and are now getting calls to begin their field investigation. I am assuming we won't hear anything until they are completed with that. Not to mention, there appears to be a number of people who already received conditionals and were not selected for the January academy.
    Thanks for the reply. So in other words, there doesn't seem to be a trackable rhyme or reason to it.... The guessing game continues I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by fireman1302 View Post
    I did my psych interview yesterday, and I asked why some people were chosen while others weren't. She said that I specifically was chosen for one because of a few reasons. Primarily, I got jumped a few weeks back and filed a police report and talked to my BI about it, so she wanted to see how I was affected by it. I also said on the psych test that I've seen a traumatic traffic accident and a dead body, and she wanted to ask me about those. The last two were because of my EMT job. It was pretty relaxed, and my interviewer was very cool and professional. She also asked about my relationship history, my family history, my college experience, how I did in school and what I liked and disliked about it, my drinking habits, drug experience. Pretty standard. Hope that helps.
    Cool, sounds pretty standard and easy. Thanks for the reply.

Forum Member

Does anyone know if you can check your phych status via the internet? I was told today by one of the psych doctors that we could?

Forum Member

I didn't see anywhere online where you could do it. I waited a week or two then just called and asked.

Thread Information