We will find out in two weeks. God speed.
We will find out in two weeks. God speed.
I think it was a lot harder than a CPS test, I had plenty of time to finish, it was nice having 2.5hrs compared to the standard 2hrs
there would have been no way to finish that exam in 2 hrs. 80 percent of people would of failed and the other 20 percent would of got lucky as they flew thru the scantron form and bubbled in whatever they thought would stick and work. Oh yes this exam was harder than the CPS exams and plus they said they are looking for inter-city people with just a high school education. No way those people are going to pass the exam. You need college education to pass and I bet if you had a 4 yr degree and walked off the street and had 2.5 hrs to take this test for the first time you would def fail. It was just a crazy weird exam but when you have 12,000 people you have to chop heads somehow and that is with the written then the CPAT and then you start to get the cream of the crop some how
That test was definitely challenging. I have taken more than a handful of those types of tests which helped prepare me for this one. I haven't failed any and would be surprised if I got below an 85% on this one. My buddy and I walked in to this thinking it was going to be a cake walk, we were dead wrong.
The only challenging part of the written exam was the mechanical aptitude section. Math and reading comprehension were straight forward. The test problems from all three sections were time consuming. I hope I pass. God speed.
That specific question I got. I hope. I visualized the machine and gears in motion.
Of the three sections, math was the easiest. Time consuming, but easy.
what do you think passing will be? 70% or on a curve?
The written exam was pass/fail. 70% and above move forward to interviews. God speed.
brianpalazzo- i think it will be based on a curve or what the city is looking for (what kind of applicants/diversity they need). rumor has it that you need a "70 %" to pass. i find it a little strange that they will not tell you what your actual score is. so we shall see. I wish we had a little bit more time, but what can you do. wish you the best guy
Did anyone else feel like some of the questions didn't really have the answer you thought they should?
No grading on curve. Its pass/ fail. 70% and above move forward to interviews. I'm anxious to get my test result. All I care about is passing and moving forward. God speed.
kvucinic- "Did anyone else feel like some of the questions didn't really have the answer you thought they should? " yes.
There was at least a few questions that didn't have an exact answer and you were suppose to pick the one that was the closest.
I felt like it was pretty difficult, but I've been in Medic school for the past 9 months, so I've been in "test taking" mode for a while...which I think really helped me. I still didn't have enough time to go over some of the questions a second time, like i had wanted to...but I'm confident I got at least an 85-90. Again, I think this is because I've been taking a lot of tests recently...had I been out of practice i don't think it would have gone so well...
I saw on the JoinLAFD Twitter feed that we should know something in 3-4 weeks. Seems long to me, considering their past processes. Maybe they are just giving themselves a nice little cushion, just in case they don't have them all out at the 2 week mark...and to save their department from getting an influx of phone calls...I'm hoping its sooner rather than later (duh).
Anyone know what the rumor mill is saying about the first drill tower?? As in, when will it be? Do you think there will be one by the end of the year, or are we looking at 2014??
I also didn't find the test extremely difficult. I heard from the previous test that it was a piece of cake, which this was not. BUT, it also wasn't something incredibly difficult that I'm worried about whether or not I passed. Good luck to all and hopefully we hear something sooner than later!
On the first page of this thread someone was saying they will run 70 people through in January 2014 and another 70 in July 2014.
any other "out of state"-ers here, that flew out for the test?
yeah i came from the east coast. i'm worried if i passed as well.
I'm an East coaster also. I expect we'll get our results a day or two later than everyone else due to carrier time...the good news is, we'll know when it's coming....
I'm just hoping they'll be clear about when to send the CPAT results. On the old thread, there were a couple of guys who never got their written results, and when they called, the lady told them it was because they didn't have their CPAT results. On the JoinLAFD website, it says to wait for instructions on when and how to send...