+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 First ... 345678916 ... Last
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: City of Los Angeles 2013

Forum Member

how would they know if you have previous FF experience? From your application? I doubt it.

As far as the articles...I don't personally think that they will slow down the process. I think that, since they are just waiting until the hearing in late April, that they will continue the process like normal...since it's unlikely that they won't be able to hire anyone at all. They are in desperate need. Their numbers may change (as in how many they are allowed to hire), but I don't see them freezing again. Plus, it doesn't hurt to continue narrowing down the pool, so when they do get the green light, they'll be ready to hire right away.

also, based on the updates to their FB page, it seems as though everything is moving along like normal.

Simply my humble opinion.

Forum Member

has anyone heard anything yet?

Forum Member

There was a reply on a Facebook post of theirs, made today that said,

"We're hoping to send the scores out the first week in April."

A little arbitrary, especially the "hoping" part, but I'll be looking for a letter towards the end of next week.
    d_will likes this.

Forum Member

JoinLAFD's latest Facebook post, now says results will be e-mailed...

Think this is a typo, and they meant to say mailed? Just thought it was a strange shift of wording...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joe_carlos59 View Post
    JoinLAFD's latest Facebook post, now says results will be e-mailed...

Think this is a typo, and they meant to say mailed? Just thought it was a strange shift of wording...
    I really would not look into the wording too much. Just remember that there were 12,000 people taking the exam and getting a chance to be a firefighter in The City of Los Angeles is a long shot because of the number of people taking the exam. Just keep trucking through life and work on your dream job and also keep any other oportunities open in your mind. Because of our current budget cuts and the way our world is today you have to have other things going on in your life and dont worry about one city testing. Lets just face the facts not everyone ever is going to get this dream job just because of the shear number of applicants. All you can do it do the best you possibly can and keep trucking.

Forum Member

I'm actually 7 years on the job In a dept I'm pretty happy with, and have 2 kids so I have plenty to Jerome occupied. Just wondering out loud if they meant "email" over "mail". Not a big deal. Besides that's what these forums are for. I don't think there is any harm in discussing what may or may not be the nuances of a hiring process with other applicants. It helps pass the time between waiting periods.

Forum Member

I meant "to occupy my time"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bubba1322 View Post
    I really would not look into the wording too much. Just remember that there were 12,000 people taking the exam and getting a chance to be a firefighter in The City of Los Angeles is a long shot because of the number of people taking the exam. Just keep trucking through life and work on your dream job and also keep any other oportunities open in your mind. Because of our current budget cuts and the way our world is today you have to have other things going on in your life and dont worry about one city testing. Lets just face the facts not everyone ever is going to get this dream job just because of the shear number of applicants. All you can do it do the best you possibly can and keep trucking.
    I believe you can get any job you want if you work hard enough. Like a recruiter once said " if when you get hired is more important than where, then the LAFD is not for you." @Joe I saw that too, although I didn't get anything in the email yet, not even my test date.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrg85 View Post
    I believe you can get any job you want if you work hard enough. Like a recruiter once said " if when you get hired is more important than where, then the LAFD is not for you." @Joe I saw that too, although I didn't get anything in the email yet, not even my test date.
    Haha.
    Just keep testing with only LAFD....
    He couldn't have really believed this when it was coming out of his mouth.

Forum Member

joinlafd.org has been updated

PLEASE BE ADVISED - CPAT PROOF WILL BE PROCESSED IN THE ORDER IT IS RECEIVED. INTERVIEWS WILL BE SCHEDULED IN SUFFICIENT NUMBERS TO MEET THE LAFD'S HIRING NEEDS, PROVIDED THAT THERE ARE SUFFICIENT CITY FUNDING AND RESOURCES.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brianpalazzo View Post
    joinlafd.org has been updated

PLEASE BE ADVISED - CPAT PROOF WILL BE PROCESSED IN THE ORDER IT IS RECEIVED. INTERVIEWS WILL BE SCHEDULED IN SUFFICIENT NUMBERS TO MEET THE LAFD'S HIRING NEEDS, PROVIDED THAT THERE ARE SUFFICIENT CITY FUNDING AND RESOURCES.
    So first come, first serve for the interviews?

Forum Member

I have no idea what is going to happen, I am still waiting for the results of the written. Maybe they will only take the top % from the test

Forum Member

All candidates who took the Firefighter written test will be notified by letter and e-mail of their status. Candidates should therefore check their emails on a regular basis for information regarding the Firefighter exam process.

Only those candidates that passed the written test, however, will be invited to submit proof of a current passing CPAT score in order to schedule an interview. Please do not submit your CPAT proof until instructed.

Notifications and instructions on how to send your CPAT proof will be sent by e-mail during the first part of April 2013. Expired or illegible CPAT proof will not be processed.

Forum Member

Well a statement was put out by LAFD on Facebook saying that they will be hopefully starting interviews by the end of the month which is April. I find that hard to believe but who knows.

Stop stringing us along and get us our written results back. But they are probably cherry picking all of the results and doing things behind closed doors with nepotism. Look the word up if you don't know what it means.

Forum Member

what's the consensus, results this week or next week?

Forum Member

Seeing as how it's Friday, and still no word...I'm going with next week!

Just a word of caution, be Careful about complaining. If you do make it to background investigations, you'd be crazy to think they don't check all social networking sites, and forums like firehouse.com.

It would really blow to get so far in the process, only to lose out because of an attitude problem about their process!
    skitahoe and cathyf like this.

Forum Member

Just a word of caution, be Careful about complaining. If you do make it to background investigations, you'd be crazy to think they don't check all social networking sites, and forums like firehouse.com.

It would really blow to get so far in the process, only to lose out because of an attitude problem about their process!
    Agreed, im excited to learn more about the next step

Forum Member

you have to be smarter than an average bear to put your real name on these sites. Dont be so paranoid.

Forum Member

My friend, these PIs that they hire are the real deal, many of them police detectives, and your stamp is your IP address not your registered name.

Don't underestimate.
    DJ_Reverse likes this.

Forum Member

Still no word on the East Coast! Can't imagine what the hold up is...must be crazy backed up!

Any news on the west coast?

Forum Member

i'm on the East Coast too.. Nothing!!

I'm in Miami.. Where are you?

Still no word on the East Coast! Can't imagine what the hold up is...must be crazy backed up!

Any news on the west coast?

Forum Member

What I've heard is that there was an issue last week and the results still have not been mailed yet. This was as of yesterday from a few different people on the job. Keep the faith, they'll be out sooner or later.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OnAMission23 View Post
    What I've heard is that there was an issue last week and the results still have not been mailed yet. This was as of yesterday from a few different people on the job. Keep the faith, they'll be out sooner or later.
    I heard they will be sent out via email

Forum Member

Just got this e-mail

TO: FIREFIGHTER CANDIDATES
    Test results and notifications regarding the Firefighter selection process may be made by e-mail and/or U.S. postal service. In order to receive updates in a timely manner, all candidates who took the Firefighter written test are encouraged to check their e-mail and postal mail on a regular basis.

City of Los Angeles
    Personnel Department
    Public Safety Selection Section

Forum Member

Yeah I got that too...

I almost would have rather them not sent anything! Its nothing we dont already know. Kind of a tease at this point, lol!

BUT It means they're working on it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 First ... 345678916 ... Last

Thread Information