Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default What'er All Them Probies Doing

In this photo? Or is it All Dem Occifers? Depends on where you're from, I guess, as to which question is the correct question. In Fairfax Coy, they be Probies. In BC, they be Occifers. Hmmmm???

Rescuers free US woman wedged for hours between 2 buildings
    Nigel Duara / The Associated Press January 16, 2013

A woman is rescued from being trapped inside a wall of the parking garage at the Gretchen Kafoury Commons in SW Portland, Ore., Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013. Portland firefighters worked for over three and a half hours cutting her free. (AP Photo/The Oregonian, Brent Wojahn)

PORTLAND, Ore. - U.S. firefighters cut through concrete and used a soapy lubricant to free a woman who fell and became stuck in a narrow opening between two buildings Wednesday.

The woman spent about four hours in the tiny space. Broadcast footage of the rescue effort showed her emerging, clenching her fists and shouting, "Oh, my God!"

Firefighters said they hadn't gotten a clear explanation of how the woman fell. Lt. Rich Chatman of the Portland fire department in Oregon said she had been seen smoking or walking on the roof of a two-story building.

The woman was wedged about 4 feet (1.2 metres) above the ground before rescuers installed braces to support her. Firefighters turned on a portable heater to keep her warm in near-freezing temperatures and dropped an air bag into the opening to slightly spread the walls.

"She was in good spirits," Chatman said. "We just tried to reassure her ... we weren't going home without her."

After rescuers cut a window-size opening in the concrete wall, Chatman climbed in to help apply the soapy substance. The woman wiggled toward the hole as the rescue team pulled on her.

She appeared to be in good health, fire Lt. Damon Simmons said. Her name was not released.

© Copyright (c)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

In Salt Lake the red helmets would be the Captains. Not sure in Portland.

From the best I can tell from looking around, they are all Caps, as to what they are doing... Appear to be mastering the art of standing, possibly staging a stretcher?
    OPINIONS ARE MINE ALONE AND NOT ASSOCIATED WITH ANY ORGANIZATION I HAVE TIES TO.

Follow me for fire news all the time from the DFW Area @FireFocused on Twitter and Facebook as well as: TSM Fire Photography

Thread Information