Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vrigger

Default Vrigger

Have any of you tried out Vrigger? The software is pretty nifty (We picked it up for our agency) if you are putting together training documents. The software has a pretty good array of gear to build any system you want. It also performs angle, friction, and load calculations.

If you need to make a training manual then this package will speed things up. The supplied gear is not 3D so positioning for realism is not there. When building a system, you may find clicking on specific part cumbersome as every other part but the one you want seems to get selected. Working with webbing and rope still needs work as it is also cumbersome, but all in all, I find this a really neat tool and it will make for producing some nice training material.

Below is a sample system I made with the program.
    The Vrigger license agreement allows me to post this image.

Name:  raise.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  21.7 KB
    Last edited by MichaelXYZ; 01-31-2013 at 01:17 AM.

This is kinda fun.

Name:  lowersystem1.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  19.4 KB

MembersZone Subscriber

[QUOTE=MichaelXYZ;1354625]Have any of you tried out Vrigger? QUOTE]

Good morning Michael,

I was given a first edition program (it was called Rescue Rigger back then) long time ago at an ITRS seminar for being able to correctly answer a series of rigging problems and have been upgrading it as new versions come out.

I use it a lot for developing my training manuals and I find that the forces calculation feature really helps my students understand the systems.

Mike Dunn

I should add, the customer service for this software is very good. And no, I am in no way affiliated...

MembersZone Subscriber

They are a good company and I have tested some beta versions and they appreciate the feed back. I enjoy it for handouts where photos may be difficult to reproduce good reference material. This is an old one I used to use, but was never happy with the basket that is in the image. Name:  High Line Carriage.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  13.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by AFD696 View Post
    They are a good company and I have tested some beta versions and they appreciate the feed back. I enjoy it for handouts where photos may be difficult to reproduce good reference material. This is an old one I used to use, but was never happy with the basket that is in the image. Attachment 22748
    A cool part of Vrigger is that you can create your own gear. All you need is a photo editing software like Photoshop or GIMP. GIMP is free by the way. I have made a few pieces of gear, and it is not to hard.

Looks like a great program, its a shame that it's quite expensive though..

MembersZone Subscriber

I have made some gear and it isn't too difficult, however I don't always have the time unfortunately.

Thread Information