Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Closeout info

Forum Member

Default Closeout info

Anyone know of any updates for the closeout modules for 2009 awards? I am a bit surprised that they would drag it out this long.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefb1 View Post
    Anyone know of any updates for the closeout modules for 2009 awards? I am a bit surprised that they would drag it out this long.
    I have been told that 2010 closeout module is 60 days out but, I don't know if that is going to correct 2009 problem or not.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by chiefb1 View Post
    Don't hold your breath, but the 2009 closeout module is supposed to be available by the end of January.

Forum Member

I just checked, we have our 2009 closeout in our system to be filled out.

My 2009 became available as well. Just can't get by these errors:

You may not submit a request because you have not submitted the Semi-annual SF-425/Federal Financial Report for the end date of 2011-06-30. Please note that the semi-annual SF-425/FFR is a financial form independent from your semi-annual Performance report.

you have not submitted the Semi-annual SF-425/Federal Financial Report for the end date of 2011-12-31. Please note that the semi-annual SF-425/FFR is a financial form independent from your semi-annual Performance report.

you have not submitted the Semi-annual SF-425/Federal Financial Report for the end date of 2012-06-30. Please note that the semi-annual SF-425/FFR is a financial form independent from your semi-annual Performance report.

you have not submitted the Semi-annual SF-425/Federal Financial Report for the end date of 2012-12-31. Please note that the semi-annual SF-425/FFR is a financial form independent from your semi-annual Performance report.

When I pull up the SF-425 Report page, these reports are not there. Help desk closed for the weekend.
    Last edited by Casco18; 01-25-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    "There's no such thing as a bad day,
    Some are just better than others." JFR 1914-1997

MembersZone Subscriber

You will not find those forms. I was told it's one of those computer glitches and is not an issue.

But on the other hand after all this time you would have thought they would make sure there are no issues with the final closeout. The first thing I see, I can't file because I have funds to return. Even though it is in red that is not the case. As you fill in the Request Details that figure drops in that section. What they should have done is have that notice come up after you completed the forms.
    Last edited by onebugle; 01-25-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Forum Member

I sure miss the old days. Things were pretty simple and straight forward. You had a Semi Annual Performance report and then a Final/Closeout. No DUNS number. No CCR number. No SAM. No SF-425/Federal Financial Report and very few glitches. The glitches that did occur were corrected in days. Not weeks, months and YEARS.

Red Tape defined: "is excessive regulation or rigid conformity to formal rules that is considered redundant or bureaucratic and hinders or prevents action or decision-making."

MembersZone Subscriber

Still waiting to close out a 2010. Hope it happens soon or i'll forget something.

MembersZone Subscriber WJVaughn's Avatar

same here...

Forum Member

Low and behold, I have a 2009 close out grant option. No email notifications just happened to scroll to look at the old grant and there it is/was. Now if I can remember all we got back in '09 to the nearest penny......

MembersZone Subscriber

So the 2009 Closeout Report has been completed and submitted. I wonder how many years, I mean how long before it will be officially accepted.

Wow, that was fast! I stumbled across the 2009 closeout, did all the updates online, submitted it the 29th and received the final closeout notice today! Now only if they would give me "extra credit" points toward my compressor this year.....

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by admpaul View Post
    Still waiting to close out a 2010. Hope it happens soon or i'll forget something.
    The closeout module for 2010 AFG & SAFER should be the end of March.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Casco18 View Post
    My 2009 became available as well. Just can't get by these errors:

You may not submit a request because you have not submitted the Semi-annual SF-425/Federal Financial Report for the end date of 2011-06-30. Please note that the semi-annual SF-425/FFR is a financial form independent from your semi-annual Performance report.

you have not submitted the Semi-annual SF-425/Federal Financial Report for the end date of 2011-12-31. Please note that the semi-annual SF-425/FFR is a financial form independent from your semi-annual Performance report.

you have not submitted the Semi-annual SF-425/Federal Financial Report for the end date of 2012-06-30. Please note that the semi-annual SF-425/FFR is a financial form independent from your semi-annual Performance report.

you have not submitted the Semi-annual SF-425/Federal Financial Report for the end date of 2012-12-31. Please note that the semi-annual SF-425/FFR is a financial form independent from your semi-annual Performance report.

When I pull up the SF-425 Report page, these reports are not there. Help desk closed for the weekend.
    Don't let these messages scare you. Just start right on page one of the closeout report with a cover page; write a nice narrative; add the equipment you bought; and before you know it you'll be able to submit your final report. Pretty easy so far. Can't believe it took three years to provide this module to do it
    Casco18 likes this.

The below message went out to many yesterday from AFG program office.

All 2009 Grantees:
    As you know we have experienced a failure of the “Closeout Module” that we have been trying to repair for several years. Finally I believe we have a Closeout (CO) that will work for the 2009 Grant Year. Please log into your 2009 Grant and click on the action box for that year and check if the Closeout Button is available. If so please go forward with your close out for that year. Obviously you will need your invoices and any other documentation necessary for the CO and all data fields with a red asterisk or a field that data can be entered in will need to be populated. If you have numerous SF 425’s in your queue, it is my understanding that you can go directly to the CO and do not have to fill out any of the SF 425’s.
    I realize some of those getting this email are possibly out of the department now or not the individual responsible for the grant anymore, but if you will pass this on to the person that is in a position to close the 2009 grant that would be greatly appreciated. Please do not return this to say you no longer are in that position, unless you have moved and are no longer in that community (then send it back to us), but rather simply forward this to the person who is the grant administrator, that would help us more than anything.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

There are still minor glitches in the system. For example, even though my Request Details section shows zero 'cash on hand', the 'return funds' section shows I owed $53. SO, with the help of the FEMA rep, I wrote a check #1 for the amount and hit save and continue. When I went back to the report, I didn't owe money anymore.... I hope they don't cash the check. LOL
    Three tries on an operation grant but I think I finally got it right. Hey, it's been almost four years since I bought radios, turnout, scba's etc. And to account to the penny wasn't easy. Oh and listing serial numbers for all the SCBA's..yummy.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just recieved my official letter approving our 2009 closeout reports.

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Just recieved my official letter approving our 2009 closeout reports.
    Whew, now if 2010 would just open that closeout module everyone would be a happy camper!
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

2012 grant.....equipment ordered, delivered, and paid for.....I'm ready to closeout 2012.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    2012 grant.....equipment ordered, delivered, and paid for.....I'm ready to closeout 2012.
    That should be ready in 2015 or 2016.

Thread Information