Forum Member

Default AFG ops grant concern question

I just received an 1199a for an ops grant through fema for new SCBA. Well I went back into the grant to refresh my memory on how many we requested as the number changed a few before we made a final decision. Well anyway on to the concern. When I looked at the grant the number is now 0 as if we requested 0 but all the other information is filled out. The only funds it shows we will get is for the ff1 and ff2 training and what looks like the money requested for training of the new SCBA (was $500).

I did not write the grant but I looked them over prior to submission and the data was in there. Is this just a whoops in the computer system or did they edit the grant request? Curious why they would delete the scba request and just leave the ff1 and ff2 training funds?

This would be a first time ops grant for us so I am unfamiliar with the ops grants. We did receive a vehicle award last year they were about to finish out.
    Last edited by mach158; 01-26-2013 at 10:53 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mach158 View Post
    I just received an 1199a for an ops grant through fema for new SCBA. Well I went back into the grant to refresh my memory on how many we requested as the number changed a few before we made a final decision. Well anyway on to the concern. When I looked at the grant the number is now 0 as if we requested 0 but all the other information is filled out. The only funds it shows we will get is for the ff1 and ff2 training and what looks like the money requested for training of the new SCBA (was $500).

I did not write the grant but I looked them over prior to submission and the data was in there. Is this just a whoops in the computer system or did they edit the grant request? Curious why they would delete the scba request and just leave the ff1 and ff2 training funds?

This would be a first time ops grant for us so I am unfamiliar with the ops grants. We did receive a vehicle award last year they were about to finish out.
    As it stands now you will recieve a partial award for the training aspect only. In previous years it was an all or nothing for awards, now you can actually recieve parts of an award for those items deemed worthy of an award. In this case you will not be recieving the SCBA as that need did not meet the criteria.

At the time of the award, do not accept or reject the award, you can appeal the reduction first to see if the SCBA can be reinstated.

Thread Information