Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Capt387

Thread: CPSC type question

Forum Member

Default CPSC type question

Over a year ago I was put in charge of my career FD vehicle repair needs. Since then the latest engine purchased has had a couple of major issues that have surfaced, one being a problem with the shackle bolts being left loose from the manufacturer. The dealer at first told me the truck was out of warranty and we would be responsible for the repairs. After a little persuasive wording on the safety aspect and that it was evident the issue was there from the beginning they covered the bill.

Since then we have had a issue with the Foampro system and a fried control module. After getting a new one ordered (yes out of warranty) I called Foampro due to a issue with it I was told there were further problems and that he felt the unit should not be having issues on a truck just over 2yrs old. He said we have had a voltage spike on the system and that he felt that once we tracked the circuit down we would find that the unit was wired to a common source such as a voltage block. Sure enough, it was wired to a block that contained 4 other items. He stated we had a voltage spike and that the system was wired incorrectly according to the installation manual. The manufacturer of the truck is giving me grief on my claim stating the truck is way out of warranty when I asked for them to cover their mistake with the incorrect installation.

My question is, is there a consumer product type agency that this can be addressed to? It isn't quite fair that their incorrect wiring (which I had to prove from the installation manual and pics furnished showing the wiring source) is costing us over $1200 not counting labor. My question to the dealer is "how many other unsuspecting departments will have this same issue 4 or 5 years into a new truck"? The foam system has been down for nearly 4 months already and to be quite honest my chief isn't satisfied with the service
    Am I being effective in my efforts or am I merely showing up in my fireman costume to watch a house burn down?” (Joe Brown, www.justlookingbusy.wordpress.com)

Time to place a call to the service manager of the builder. Stop screwing around with the dealer. Present them with the problems and what had to be done to fix their mistakes and ask them nicely to step up and make it right before you turn it over to the towns attorney.

Forum Member

To add to that, pull out your vehicle warranty information you received when you accepted the vehicle. Go through it with a fine-tooth comb. If the manufacturer claimed in the specs that all wiring would be done in compliance with supplied equipment manufacturer's specifications, then call that to their attention.

I've been going back and forth with the manufactuer of some of our apparatus over warranty issues. I feel your pain as I have enough of those type of headaches myself.

Forum Member

if the foampro installation manual was supplied when/with the installation then to me the dodn't have anything to go on to begin with
    Am I being effective in my efforts or am I merely showing up in my fireman costume to watch a house burn down?” (Joe Brown, www.justlookingbusy.wordpress.com)

Forum Member

Hopefully issue will be resolved very soon. Yesterday I received a call from a friend in another dept that gave me an idea to look further. I reread the original specs on the engine and right there in black and white on page 51 it states. "the foampro system will be installed in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations". Game, set, match.....
    WBFD25 likes this.

Thread Information