Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Carmel/Noblesville/Westfield IN 2013 Process

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IndyS3 View Post
    From what I heard, I was in the top ten for Westfield and they were hiring two. They have made their offers and I was not one of them. So bummed!
    Do you know if you are still eligible to get picked up by the other two departments? Since Westfield didn't take you are you out of the process all together?
    BackSteppin likes this.

Forum Member

I am not out of the process. I was told by the Chief at Westfield that I may get other packets from Carmel and Noblesville. Each city has their own criteria that they look for. Westfield gave extra points for military, college education, and fire fighter certifications. I have no idea how many points they gave and what the other departments might give. I am ex-military, have an associates degree, and possess some ff certs which may be why I made the list and some others with higher scores did not.

Forum Member

Tick tock, tick tock. Wow, I never expected things to come to a hault like this. Has anyone heard anything? I thought every dept was wanting 3-5. Anyone out there know what's up, or called to ask?

Forum Member

Does anyone know the name of written test we took? I have another test coming up that sounds like it will be identical to that. Study/break/test. Just curious, wanted to find a study guide online if i could.

Forum Member

Most of them around Indy are the same company.. I think ips or something to that effect

Forum Member

Hey BackSteppin What kind of questions are on the ips test?

Thanks For all Replys

Forum Member

This is the website description of the test. I cant locate a practice exam or study guide. But if its anything like the Carmel test then its all memorization from the study period anyways. Good luck

http://ipspinc.com/frames_applicantprocesses.html

and here is the specifics on the questions. This is the most I could find.

SCROLL DOWN A FEW PAGES

http://www.evansville.in.gov/modules...cumentid=13147
    Last edited by MetroDFF; 07-15-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Forum Member

I heard that Carmel has been offering positions to candidates from the old eligibility list. Have not heard anything about Westfield or Noblesville.

Forum Member

That's disappointing. Not sure why they decided to do that. That would mean Carmel is most likely only going to hire once off this list. Westfield already has their 2, so they aren't taking anyone else this year. I've not heard anything about Noblesville.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sam_daniels View Post
    I heard that Carmel has been offering positions to candidates from the old eligibility list. Have not heard anything about Westfield or Noblesville.
    That is true. I received a conditional offer bc the 2011 list expired June 30. The 2013 list was effective as of July 1

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FF_America View Post
    That is true. I received a conditional offer bc the 2011 list expired June 30. The 2013 list was effective as of July 1
    Congrats FF_America! So what all does the conditional offer apply to? What have you had to do since that was made to you? When do you guys start recruit school there or when's your start date?

Forum Member

I received a request for information including the background investigation last Friday due today. It also had a conditional offer! Hope this one turns out better than Westfield!

Forum Member

By mail or email? What department is this for?

Forum Member

Anyone else get an email about FISHERS now being added in addition to Carmel, Westfield, Nobelsville for recruitment? Im not necessarily a fan of this as I was looking forward to the opportunity to do better on my interview. But now I am stuck with my ****ty interview score for FISHERS now too. Lame.

Forum Member

Who did the email come from about Fishers?

Forum Member

The email came directly from Carmel HR. I am not sure if everyone who went through the joint recruitment got the email, or just the people who also applied for Fishers as well.

Forum Member

So u just applied to Fishers too not too long ago? I noticed recently they were only taking applications for Medics and people that had all their certs

Forum Member

FF_Americaca and IndyS3 did you get the email about Fishers from the Carmel HR as well?

Forum Member

I got the email from Carmel HR dept saying that the List was now also being used by Fishers

Forum Member

FF1505 when did u get ur email saying that? Did u get a conditional offer from Carmel?

Forum Member

I got my email about Fishers on Aug 13th

Forum Member

I'm wondering if Fishers will only pull those off the list that are medics and have their FF Certs. Bet that's what they'll do.

Forum Member

I also received the email about Fishers. I made it to the background investigation with Carmel a few weeks ago and moved forward with 13 others to the polygraph step. Last Friday, I received the dreaded email from Carmel saying that I was not selected. They hired 4 out of the 14 they pulled. So far, I made it to the top ten in Westfield and top 14 in Carmel's list and was not selected. Hopefully Fishers turns out differently. Word on the street is that Fishers is looking to hire 14.

Forum Member

I also found out that Noblesville has already pulled from the list. They hired 2.

Forum Member

How do you know for sure Carmel only hired 4 out of 14?

Thread Information