Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Carmel/Noblesville/Westfield IN 2013 Process

Forum Member

The email came directly from Carmel HR. I am not sure if everyone who went through the joint recruitment got the email, or just the people who also applied for Fishers as well.

Forum Member

So u just applied to Fishers too not too long ago? I noticed recently they were only taking applications for Medics and people that had all their certs

Forum Member

FF_Americaca and IndyS3 did you get the email about Fishers from the Carmel HR as well?

Forum Member

I got the email from Carmel HR dept saying that the List was now also being used by Fishers

Forum Member

FF1505 when did u get ur email saying that? Did u get a conditional offer from Carmel?

Forum Member

I got my email about Fishers on Aug 13th

Forum Member

I'm wondering if Fishers will only pull those off the list that are medics and have their FF Certs. Bet that's what they'll do.

Forum Member

I also received the email about Fishers. I made it to the background investigation with Carmel a few weeks ago and moved forward with 13 others to the polygraph step. Last Friday, I received the dreaded email from Carmel saying that I was not selected. They hired 4 out of the 14 they pulled. So far, I made it to the top ten in Westfield and top 14 in Carmel's list and was not selected. Hopefully Fishers turns out differently. Word on the street is that Fishers is looking to hire 14.

Forum Member

I also found out that Noblesville has already pulled from the list. They hired 2.

Forum Member

How do you know for sure Carmel only hired 4 out of 14?

Forum Member

I talked with the chief after my polygraph and he said that they had funding right now to hire 4 but may hire a fifth depending on a retirement and funding.

Forum Member

So they are just going to email the people that weren't selected this round but call the people that were selected this go around? Well I guess ya could still be called later on if they hire a 5th.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info. Sounds like you are sitting in a good spot for Fishers to pick you up.

Have you heard anything else on Fishers? When they are hiring, and if they are selecting only guys with FF Certs? I also heard they want to hire a big number - like at least 10.

My guess is that they do a joint recruit class as well, so I'd think since the other departments have their guys Fishers must not be too far behind.

Forum Member

Anyone hear any more updates on this group hiring process?

Forum Member

I am one of 10 that was moved foward with Fishers. They are conducting interviews, both chief and panel style, on Sept 13 at which time the background paperwork is also due.

Forum Member

Congrats IndyS3. Are they only hiring medics this go around again at Fishers?

Forum Member

According to Fishers, 6 medics will be hired from their transfer list and 6 firefighters will be hired from this list. I finished the interview Friday to find out that they plan on hiring 6 off the list this go around with 4 alternates. I am third on the list at this time. The background investigation starts today with a psychological eval and ladder climb still to come.

Forum Member

Nice. So sounds like you're in you just have to keep your nose clean and have a good psych and background check. Ladder climb is no biggy at all.

Forum Member

You hear from Fishers on the exact date they are starting recruit school and with what other departments?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IndyS3 View Post
    According to Fishers, 6 medics will be hired from their transfer list and 6 firefighters will be hired from this list. I finished the interview Friday to find out that they plan on hiring 6 off the list this go around with 4 alternates. I am third on the list at this time. The background investigation starts today with a psychological eval and ladder climb still to come.
    Hey IndyS3 - tried to PM you, but you're not accepting PMs?

Thread Information