Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Carmel/Noblesville/Westfield IN 2013 Process

Forum Member

Anyone else hear anything further about this process update wise with Fishers or Carmel?

Forum Member

Well the Psychological eval and physical for PERF are completed and it looks like I will be hired by Fishers but am trying not to get excited until I get the official "you're hired" letter which should come just before Christmas. The start date for all depts. is January 21st. This has been something I have been working towards for 4 years and is a dream come true! Now I'm wondering what I need to be doing to prepare for the academy.

Forum Member

While I still have yet to receive my official "You are hired" letter, I was sent an email to go in and get fitted for my uniforms! I'm getting excited!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IndyS3 View Post
    While I still have yet to receive my official "You are hired" letter, I was sent an email to go in and get fitted for my uniforms! I'm getting excited!
    IndyS3 when did you go downtown for your PERF? You get the official letter and get fitted yet or still waiting since last week? January 21st for sure is the official start date they are talking for the academy? Who all department wise is going to be in the academy did you here?

Forum Member

I went downtown the second week of November for my PERF physical and psych eval. Still waiting on the official letter but have been informed that the academy start date has been pushed back a week to January 27th. Carmel, Fishers, Westfield, and Noblesville are all sending the new recruits through the academy.

Forum Member

Any news/updates Indys3?

Forum Member

So, I went in a week ago for the fitment of Class B uniforms, PT gear, and boots. At that time, they said that the final offer letter would be to us before Christmas. Well, Christmas came and went with no email. Finally yesterday, I talked to two other candidates who informed me that they had received their letters not by email as we were told, but by snail mail. I was trying hard to stay positive but scared that PERF had not approved me. Fishers eventually returned my call today and told me that they had accidentally sent the letter to my old address and that, yes, I had made it. WOOHOO!!! I start January 27th as a full time firefighter after 4 long years of trying.

Forum Member

IndyS3 did they tell you what the structure of the recruit school is going to be schedule wise or give u any details about that?

Forum Member

They only told us that EMS training would be first then fire training. They haven't given us any more than that.

Forum Member

I have not received letter in mail yet but was given the official confirmation via email it's a huge relief to be able to put my two week notices in! Please private message me so that we can exchange email and phone numbers prior to our jan 27 start date, maybe we could get the class together before we start?

Forum Member

Cayden who did you get hired by?

Forum Member

He is also with Fishers.

Forum Member

Two weeks from today I will quit my job to become a firefighter. I'm so unbelievably excited! Perseverance pays off!

Forum Member

Going to pick up my uniforms today. Monday can't come soon enough!

Thread Information