Thread: Yuma AZ 2013

Forum Member

Default Yuma AZ 2013

Looked for a thread about Yumas 2013 test but couldn't find one. Anyways, I took their test yesterday and got the email today saying I passed. In that email it said the next step will be the cpat and a video test after. Can anyone shed some light on what this video test could be? The only video test I have taken is the fireteam test, could it be that even though we already took a written test? Any info or thoughts would be appreciated.

Forum Member

Account finally activated so I can reply to you! I contacted HR a week or two ago and asked them about that. They confirmed that it is indeed the fireteam test. I was glad to hear that so I knew what to prepare for. I also found it weird that they're having another test.

Forum Member

Thanks for the reply and the info! Even though I have never been a fan of that test, it's good to know what we are walking in to. I was pretty sure it was going to be the BPad test, which would have been a new experience. I'm kinda new to the testing process but I find it interesting that they would do a fireteam test after we have already taken a written.

Forum Member

Never heard of the BPad test. I'm pretty new to the testing process myself; I've only taken a few. Most recently i drove out to Los Angeles to take their written. I took the fireteam last year out in Colorado Springs and did well enough to get into band 1, but nothing further which was a bummer. I wonder why Yuma is doubling up on their written tests.

Forum Member

They might be using the FireTeam test for the personality portion. Some departments do that instead of interviews.

Forum Member

Yeah that is possible but I thought I read somewhere that if you pass the video test then it will be on to interviews. Who knows, I guess it doesn't even matter. The process is the process and we all have to go through it.

Forum Member

Just have to go through the motions. How did you do when you last took the fireteam test?

Forum Member

I've only ever taken it twice and landed in the B band both times.

Forum Member

Have you heard anything about how many people passed the written and are moving on to the CPAT and video test? When I was there for the written the guy next to me said something about ~450 people applied for the department. Just trying to get an idea of how many people to expect on lists.

Forum Member

450? Wow for some reason I was thinking it was closer to 250 ha. I have no idea about how many people passed the written. I would imagine a lot since the cut off was only a 70. I'm sure the fireteam test will have a lot higher cut off score to weed people out and get the numbers down for interviews.

Forum Member

I was looking on Google Earth at the address of the cpat for next month and I didn't see any buildings really. Is this an outdoors cpat?

Forum Member

I have no idea man. I'm from Southern Utah so Im out of the loop but I hope not. Inside would be much better!

Forum Member

I'm coming from Orange County so I'm also hoping it's inside. And if it is outside im hoping the weather isn't too hot when it goes on, people here complain when it gets into the 80's!

Forum Member

I was looking on Google Maps for the location of the CPAT exam this week, but it seemed a little off to me. I was hoping someone could clarify for me before Wednesday. It appears to me that the CPAT is being done in a long where house looking building across from some farm land. Thanks

Forum Member

I was looking today as well and found the same spot on google earth. I was thinking that maybe a building was built after google took the picture but I'm not sure. I plan on finding it tomorrow night before my CPAT Wednesday morning so I can be sure of where I'm going and it's the right place.

Forum Member

I sent you a PM about possibly meeting up. Let me know if you're interested.

Forum Member

It looks like the facility is actually a little more than a half mile south of where google says it is on the map.

Forum Member

Anyone else give them a call today? I guess something happened with the scoring machine. They are hoping to have scored emailed by 9AM tomorrow. When i was on the phone earlier it was said, "this is what happens when you try to hire everyone by June 10th." Not a lot of time until then, can't wait to see what happens.

Forum Member

Saw on government jobs that Yuma posted again for FF-Cadet, though they said the list was good for 2 years. Did they toss the list so they could test again to start over?

Thread Information