Monroeville VFC #5 Live-in Program Accepting Applications
MONROEVILLE VFC #5 IS NOW ACCEPTING LIVE-IN APPLICATIONS
Monroeville Vol Fire Co. #5 Operates an Engine, 100' Tiller, 3500 gallon tanker, and 2 ALS Ambulances.
Approx - 1400 CALLS – 700 FIRE / 700 EMS
- Surrounded by Multiple Colleges, Universities, and Trade Programs !!
- Community College Of Allegheny County – BOYCE CAMPUS
- Fire Vest Scholarship Available !!
- EMT, Paramedic, and Fire Science Programs
- University of Pittsburgh – Multiple Majors Available
- Center for Emergency Medicine - EMT and PARAMEDIC Programs
- Carnegie Mellon University & ITT Tech – Computer Science Programs
- Point Park College – Intelligence and National Security Programs
- Westmoreland County Community College – Fire Science Degree Program
- Penn State University - Greater Allegheny and New Kensington
- WYOTECH and Rosedale Tech – Auto / Diesel Mechanic Programs
ALONG WITH MANY OTHERS !!
- Amenities include: Laundry Facilities, Full Kitchen, Large Dayroom, Study Area's, FIOS Internet and TV, Printers, Copiers, FIOS TV, access to fitness facilities.
- What Do We Run? From the Country Side to the Suburban Areas to the Urban Areas, from the Side Roads to the High Speed Interstates…YOU WILL SEE AND EXPERIENCE IT ALL…. The experience WILL be preparation for a future in FIRE, RESCUE, & EMS
- Essentials of Firefighting recommended – Will need to be completed if not already obtained – access to training provided and fire service training is FREE!!
- EMT preferred or enrolled after moving in – EMT is Required for all Members ! Assistance w/ Reciprocity is Available
- Applicants with Firefighter 1 or 2 and EMT or Paramedic qualifications will take preference – Pro Board FF Certifications and National Registry Accepted
Contact Chief Ron Harvey
412-372-7725 or 412-372-4444