02-17-2013, 01:32 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2012
Monroeville VFC #5 Live-in Program Accepting Applications
MONROEVILLE VFC #5 IS NOW ACCEPTING LIVE-IN APPLICATIONS
Monroeville Vol Fire Co. #5 Operates an Engine, 100' Tiller, 3500 gallon tanker, and 2 ALS Ambulances.
Approx - 1400 CALLS – 700 FIRE / 700 EMS
- Surrounded by Multiple Colleges, Universities, and Trade Programs !!
- Community College Of Allegheny County – BOYCE CAMPUS
- Fire Vest Scholarship Available !!
- EMT, Paramedic, and Fire Science Programs
- University of Pittsburgh – Multiple Majors Available
- Center for Emergency Medicine - EMT and PARAMEDIC Programs
- Carnegie Mellon University & ITT Tech – Computer Science Programs
- Point Park College – Intelligence and National Security Programs
- Westmoreland County Community College – Fire Science Degree Program
- Penn State University - Greater Allegheny and New Kensington
- WYOTECH and Rosedale Tech – Auto / Diesel Mechanic Programs
ALONG WITH MANY OTHERS !!
- Amenities include: Laundry Facilities, Full Kitchen, Large Dayroom, Study Area's, FIOS Internet and TV, Printers, Copiers, FIOS TV, access to fitness facilities.
- What Do We Run? From the Country Side to the Suburban Areas to the Urban Areas, from the Side Roads to the High Speed Interstates…YOU WILL SEE AND EXPERIENCE IT ALL…. The experience WILL be preparation for a future in FIRE, RESCUE, & EMS
- Essentials of Firefighting recommended – Will need to be completed if not already obtained – access to training provided and fire service training is FREE!!
- EMT preferred or enrolled after moving in – EMT is Required for all Members ! Assistance w/ Reciprocity is Available
- Applicants with Firefighter 1 or 2 and EMT or Paramedic qualifications will take preference – Pro Board FF Certifications and National Registry Accepted
Contact Chief Ron Harvey
412-372-7725 or 412-372-4444
02-17-2013, 01:48 PM #2
- Join Date
- Aug 2012
Check Us Out !!!
MVFC 5Facebook Page
Year End Video - http://www.mvfd5.com/news/fullstory/newsid/177324
Ride Along - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8i90Y8GbWA
Just to give you more background. We have had a formal live-in program for approx 25 years. We had a non-formal program going back to the 70's.
I participated for 2.5 years and would never look back and regret it. When I lived-in we had about 12 live-ins and about 6 other transient live-ins for 18 guys at almost any given time. There was NOTHING we could not accomplish. At the time we ran 2 engines, 2 ambos, and the truck. It was not uncommon for us to triple pull on the initial alarm. At the time we had very few home responders. We currently have 5 live-ins and a large contingency of home responders, because several of us from years past have bought homes in town. Over the years, We have made boys into men and taught many of them important life skills that their parents handled, we even helped several get their drivers license. It is a true pleasure to make a positive impact on a young mans / womans life and show them that they can be successful.
The experience the live-in members have received from the program have been instrumental in them getting hired in other agencies such as: DC FIRE, Frederick VA, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton Co Va, Howard Co MD, and even in Florida. Take away the out of state career agencies, because of the reputation we have, it has helped MANY of our members with MANY other opportunities and jobs in various trades and EMS agencies locally. It is very much worth it.
If you can post it in your firehouses for some of the young guys that are looking for a career and better opportunities in life, tell them to call or email us. The email is wrong on the info sheet. firstname.lastname@example.org is the correct email.
Stay Safe !
02-18-2013, 01:26 PM #3
It would be helpful, had you indicated what state this place is located.Stay Safe and Well Out There....
Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers
02-19-2013, 04:09 PM #4
- Join Date
- Feb 2013
monroeville is in PA right outside of pittsburgh
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By FFRicketts in forum Hiring & Employment DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 10-07-2011, 02:23 PM
By SFDredhat126 in forum IllinoisReplies: 2Last Post: 02-19-2011, 11:01 AM
By Breech31 in forum WisconsinReplies: 4Last Post: 01-30-2009, 11:01 PM
By FDFIVE in forum MississippiReplies: 0Last Post: 02-13-2007, 06:22 PM