Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Chesterfield Fire and EMS, VA

Forum Member

Nothing here either. Hopefully something soon. Guess since no letter or email means that we have not been thrown out of this stage.
    rupfire likes this.

Forum Member

Default Next step

I emailed human resources and they got back to me within the hour. They are still doing background interviews. They hope to have all candidates back to HR and on to next step the week of Aug 12th.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rupfire View Post
    I emailed human resources and they got back to me within the hour. They are still doing background interviews. They hope to have all candidates back to HR and on to next step the week of Aug 12th.
    Well that's good news I did mine a while ago so I think I am still in the process. I was starting to get nervous. So just a medical exam and then job offers? This waiting is killing me.
    DJ_Reverse and rupfire like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RVA1710 View Post
    Well that's good news I did mine a while ago so I think I am still in the process. I was starting to get nervous. So just a medical exam and then job offers? This waiting is killing me.
    I hear you man...I did mine on July 16th when did you do yours? Would be cool if all of us commenting got in the recruit school! I wonder how many went through backgrounds.

Forum Member

I did mine the week previous to yours. That would be pretty cool if all of us were in the academy. The investegator made it sound like there were not a lot of people left and also that if they found anything that they did not like you would be notified by HR. My guess if they found something they would have sent a thanks but no thanks letter and been done with you,not wait till the end of the process, kinda of like what they did after interviews.

Forum Member

I did mine the week previous to yours. That would be pretty cool if all of us were in the academy. The investegator made it sound like there were not a lot of people left and also that if they found anything that they did not like you would be notified by HR. My guess if they found something they would have sent a thanks but no thanks letter and been done with you,not wait till the end of the process, kinda of like what they did after interviews.
    My investigator told me that they send more people to do background interviews than they are going to hire because some people get tossed out at that step. I guess they will be choosing among whoever passes the background to move on to the next step. They are hiring 12 I think I heard. Wonder if you will get the conditional offer at the physical or after. Would be my dream come true to land this job.

Forum Member

Interesting I had heard from some OTJ guys that the number they heard was 15 to 20. They said that have a lot of guys that are up for retirement and also the talk of another station being built. So who knows. So I guess per your conversation we should start hearing something next week? Anyone else out there hear anything?

Forum Member

I had mine on the 24th. References have been contacted. Good to know I'm not the only one still waiting, the suspense is killing me!

Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

...and also the talk of another station being built.
    Not just talk, it's going to happen. They've already started advertising for the construction contractor.

Good luck to everyone who's waiting, I know the suspense has to be tough.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    Not just talk, it's going to happen. They've already started advertising for the construction contractor.

Good luck to everyone who's waiting, I know the suspense has to be tough.

Box and firewacker, is this station to cover the southwest part of the county that seems to not have a single station?

Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

Actually, it will be located near Harrowgate Road and Jefferson Davis highway, north of the City of Colonial Heights. There are long-range plans for an additional station(s) in the area that you mention, but the more sparse population of that area doesn't make it as high of a priority.

Here's a preview of the design: Chesterfield Fire and EMS - SCN Architects
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Box and firewacker, is this station to cover the southwest part of the county that seems to not have a single station?
    the 2 current southern stations are 12(engine/truck) and 8(engine/medic), there are 2 more stations the farther west you go.

Forum Member

The master plans call for the building of 6-9 additional stations in the next 10 years. Those of you that do get hired will have a stable place to work and won't have to worry about layoffs.

Ground breaking of station 21 is supposed to start this month, with the station up and running by 2015.

Forum Member

it will be a little over a month after the background check that they normally call with a job offer. doesn't hurt to call/email to check in

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    Actually, it will be located near Harrowgate Road and Jefferson Davis highway, north of the City of Colonial Heights. There are long-range plans for an additional station(s) in the area that you mention, but the more sparse population of that area doesn't make it as high of a priority.

Here's a preview of the design: Chesterfield Fire and EMS - SCN Architects

Don't forget the new house around Courthouse and RT 288, by the Nazarene Church, soon the began the planning. Plus several more in the longer planning stages.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firewacker49 View Post
    it will be a little over a month after the background check that they normally call with a job offer. doesn't hurt to call/email to check in
    I gave a call to my BI a week ago to see where I was in the process, haven't heard a thing. I'm assuming this is good, very good?

Forum Member

Same here I guess no news is good news.

Forum Member

Same here I guess no news is good news.
    When they called me to schedule BI it was on a Friday...Hope today will be the day! Then again HR told me not to expect anything until the week of the 12th. I agree no news is good news but good news would be fantastic news

Forum Member

Anybody hear anything? So hoping today's the day!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Anybody hear anything? So hoping today's the day!
    Should be this week...my BI contacted me Friday for a few contacts he had trouble getting in touch with. I am right there with you man. Been waiting by the phone everyday. Every phone call has my heart pumping!! PLEASE GOD PLEASE!!

Thread Information