Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Evansville, IN FD

Saw this one of the sites I look at for jobs. Does anyone know anything about them i.e. aggressive, chain of command, morale, promotional steps, etc. Pay looks good starting and they seem to fight a fair amount of fire. Good luck to anyone that applies

Evansville FD
    Evansville, Vanderburgh County, IN [View Map]
    Position: FIREFIGHTER
    Final Filing Date: 03/22/2013
    Salary: $41,545 per year
    Requirements: Between 21-35 Y/O, HS Dip/GED and Valid DL.
    Immediate Openings:
    Expected Openings :
    Written: 05/04/2013
    Physical: CPAT
    Interviews: June 7, 8, 9, 2013
    Dept. Type : Paid
    Population: 130,000
    Number of Personnel: 273
    To Apply: Attach and submit with application (this can be done anytime by signing in with your reference number (PIN) you received when application was submitted ē Attach to email and submit to: efdemployment@evansvillefirede partment.com with Employment Documents in the subject line: Mail or deliver to: Evansville Fire Merit Commission, 550 SE 8th St., Evansville, IN 47713, Attn: Employment. All copies must be clear and legible. Illegible copies will disqualify the application. The application period closes at midnight March 22, 2013. All applications and documents are property of the Evansville Fire Department and will not be returned.
    F.D. / City Web Site: www.evansvillegov.org

Forum Member

I am hoping to get some info as well. I submitted an application and all the requested documentation, but dont have much insight into the department as a whole. I look forward to hearing more feedback. Sorry I couldnt be of any help.

Any more information on their process?

Forum Member

I also applied. Does anyone know how competitive it is to get in? How many are they planning on hiring? How is the test?

Haven't heard an "official" number on how many they plan on hiring... but you know how firefighters talk and I hear are 5-7.. they are VERY competitive! as they should be being the 3rd largest city in Indiana. I took the test several years ago and they had 350 plus and I am hearing the around the same number for this years process. If they stay with the same as their last test its an outside company that puts it on.. very general, very standardized, to keep it "even" and even of you pass the test you still have oral interviews, ladder climb and I don't know what else.. I do know that you have to go threw a recruit school if offered a job.

Test was last weekend! Who took it?? How do You think you did?? I didn't think there was even close to 300 ppl there.. But I saw a number on the list checking in as high as 375 ppl signed up for the test... Wow a lot of now shows! Oh well better for me!

Forum Member

I decided to drop out- had a couple opportunities much closer to home. Good luck

Cool

Well I wish you luck as well! Central indiana is my preferred area as well but gotta go where the jobs are! And the 250ish (my guess) ppl, that showed up.. I like those odds.. Better than the 1,000 plus that apply around Indy.. And evansville seems to be a great dept and when I69 is done Indy will only be a stone throw away!

Forum Member

That will be nice(r), I honestly was not looking forward to that commute on a regular basis if I had gotten picked up. Let me know how it turns out for you, I am still curious how their process works.

Forum Member

ahhah, yeah. i flew in from NY to take that test. Didnt expect the test to be the way it was (reading and studying the "studying guide" then take the test). Especially after taking the FDNY test (which was a breeze). Overall i feel like i did okay. Any word on when we get our test scores back? And/or list #?

Dang NYC?? That's commitment! Lol I haven't heard but interviews are June 8ish (all that week if I remember right) so I assume we will hear back soon! And since they pushed back the CPAT testing I only assume a start date wouldn't be until mid next year but again that's just my opinion.. I know I'll post on here when I do hear about the next step.. And for future ref that's about 90% of the test here in indiana!

Forum Member

ahahah, im sure you saw me. i was the ONLY asian person taking the test. lol

I passed the test and moved on to the interview! They sent an email out with everyone's name that passed.. I didn't count them all, due to it was on my phone, but fast math says about 150 moved on to the interview

Forum Member

yeah, im 1st to interview... ahaha

nice! goodluck!

Forum Member

never went to these interviews.
    how are they like?
    what do i wear?!
    what kind of questions do they ask?

every dept is different in how they do their interviews.. and they may do different than their last process... most of the questions can be found on the fourms page.. and its a career dept.. they are very professional so they will act it and dress what you think is appropriate!

Forum Member

well, im just gonna be wearing a button up, jeans and sneakers. lol

Well how did everyone do?? Any word yet? None here

Thread Information