Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Moving from Wisconsin, how to transfer certs?

Hi there,

I have State of Wisconsin FFII cert and State of Wisconsin Paramedic license. Moving to Florida within the next year. Just curious how to obtain State of Florida's license(s)? I notice on many job application requirements it requires Florida certs, which I understand.. but is this something that needs to be obtained when hired or something needed prior to even applying?

Any help would be appreciated!

Taylor

Forum Member

talk directly to the source::::

http://www.myfloridacfo.com/sfm/bfst...d/StdFFCrt.htm

EQUIVALENCY FOR OUT OF STATE FIREFIGHTERS WANTING FLORIDA CAREER CERTIFICATION

The Firefighter Minimum Standards Equivalency Examination is offered to individuals who have received training in another state (or country), that is evaluated as equivalent to that required in Florida's Firefighter Minimum Standards Course. To determine an individual's eligibility for the Equivalency Examination, a three-part application process is required. Part I is the Preliminary Equivalency Application (DFS-K4-1309). It is submitted to the Challenge Review Board, along with supporting documentation. Such documentation should be a transcript, by subject, of the hours spent in initial training. Upon review and approval of the training documentation by the Challenge Review Board, Part II, the application for the Equivalency Examination and Certification, will be sent to the applicant. Upn approval of a complete application, the applicant will take the written and practical equivalency examination (Part III). The Equivalency Examination is offered four times a year at the Florida State Fire College in Ocala. Please refer to the Testing Schedule for test dates.

The applicable Florida Statutes are F.S.633.334, F.S.633.34, F.S.633.35, F.S.633.352, F.S.633.351, and F.S. 633.353.

Forum Member

I have no additional data to add to fire49's post on fire cert because he was spot on, if you need a contact number for the Florida State Fire College, here it is (352) 369-2800. But you need to contact the Florida bureau of EMS at 850-245-4910. They will direct you on how to transfer your EMT and/or paramedic certificate. Out of curiosity, what area are you moving to?

Forum Member

Thanks much for the information.

Truck-10, I'm moving to Sarasota. But applying around the state.

Forum Member

TMFD49 turn your private messaging on.

Thread Information