MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by peak85 View Post
    Anymore dj's going out, still have one for ppe pending
    The peer review DJs have not gone out yet.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

As was already mentioned...Our DJ stated fleet age as a consideration as well. Average age of fleet was 22 years, but vehicle we were trying to replace was 44 years old. Sometimes I wish we were back to before computers as they don't take any factors into account and just react to raw data.

Quote Originally Posted by expertshot View Post
    Our vehicle application rejection letter also cited the age of the fleet. We lost a pumper and were trying to replace it. At least in our case, FEMA's letter somewhat made sense. The two pumpers we currently have are from 1997 and 2005. Shortly before the application was submitted, the department purchased: a new buggy for the chief, a new brush truck to replace one that was lost in 2011, a tower platform to replace the 1986 seagrave (rejected on an AFG app.), and refurbished the 1988 Rescue Squad. The local gov. almost maxed out its borrowing level with that and other critical projects. Anyway, the age of the fleet is very new. Would it matter if the application was submitted under replacement or under purchasing new to add to the fleet? In our case, we always had three pumpers but removed one from the fleet and utilized a contract agreement to supplement the missing pumper. Long story short, contract went south and was terminated so the department is down one pumper. There are more people, more occupancies, and more aid requests...yet running with a insufficient fleet. Did I mention the air-paks that are around twenty years old? Still pending on that app., two years in a row.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by olneyfd View Post
    As was already mentioned...Our DJ stated fleet age as a consideration as well. Average age of fleet was 22 years, but vehicle we were trying to replace was 44 years old. Sometimes I wish we were back to before computers as they don't take any factors into account and just react to raw data.
    Don't bet on the accuracy of the reasons cited in your DJ. Those in my own department's DJ made absolutely no sense.
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Given that there are less than a quarter of the funds in AFG OPS and Safety left available, I was wondering about partial awards. I've heard that it is possible FEMA will contact a department and ask whether they want a partial award. How does this process work? Is their an opportunity for a department to clean "the bottom of the barrel" as funds run out? No rejection notice yet on equipment or PPE. Hoping to get something from FEMA.

Forum Member

At the FDIC session AFG officials said that the peer DJ's would be out in the next couple of weeks.

Thread Information